We had a last minute 2 night stay at The Hyatt Ziva and were impressed with most of our experience. They are still in transition from being owned by Barcelo and there is a lot of construction going on or the rating would probably be 4 stars. I think the staff should have made more apologies for the noise and general disruption, but they acted a bit like it was normal. We found the food to be very good for an all inclusive and the drinks too. There were a lot of options. Lotus, the Japanese Restaurant and Capri, The Italian Restaurant both exceeded our expectations. The Martini bar is very cute and fun! We found the buffet to have a good selection especially at breakfast. The servers in the buffet are a little over eager and linger around the tables while you eat. Outside was a nice swim up bar and several very pretty swimming pools. We wished they were heated, but only one had warm jets that didn't do much. The service from the pool bar was pretty good and there were several available activities led by the staff. Beach Volleyball, Scuba lessons and a water aerobics class went on while we were there. We would have enjoyed the adult pool as it looked more quiet and, but nobody was there and it didn't appear to have any beverage service. The chairs and seating at the adult pool looked awesome and comfy though.
We enjoyed the few shops on the hotel grounds and they had an ATM that dispenses US$ off the lobby. It was very convenient, but the fees were astronomical.
The rooms were modern and provided everything we needed and more. The layout was open and very functional. There was a digital safe in the room and we liked having that available. The beds were comfortable and the smart tv controlled the curtains and AC, which was pretty cool! There was a good selection of channels available on the tv and even a handful that were in English. The mini bar was complimentary and stocked with a good selection of drinks and a few snacks. In the bathroom we found very nice toiletries, an extra toothbrush, sewing kit and a few other handy items. The rain head shower was great, but both it and the hand held shower head leaked and sprayed. The hotel immediately sent a plumber up to fix both issues though.
We enjoyed the turn down service and felt like the Hershey Kisses we got beside our beds were a very cute touch! They also did a quick tidy up of the room, which is nice to come back to after dinner.
Overall we enjoyed our stay and we would love to come back with a group or maybe as a family, because it is a very social resort! We met lots of friendly people, but if you are looking for privacy and quiet it isn't ideal.
- Also Known As:
- Barcelo Los Cabos Palace Deluxe Hotel
- Barcelo Los Cabos Palace Deluxe Hotel San Jose Del Cabo
- Barcelo Hotel Los Cabos
- Barcelo Resort Los Cabos
- Grand Baja Resort
- The Grand Baja
- Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos San Jose Del Cabo
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on one of the most majestic peninsulas in the world and offering spectacular views of the Sea of Cortes, Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos is a luxurious all inclusive oasis of sophistication and comfort. This magnificent beachfront resort is minutes from beautiful downtown San Jose del Cabo and features plush accommodations, impressive amenities, impeccable service and is just minutes from the international airport.Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos is a unique, all inclusive experience that offers a myriad of activities from fine dining options at six a la carte restaurants and two gourmet buffet restaurants, to unique spa treatments, Children’s programming and nightly entertainment shows. Enjoy deep-water fishing, scuba diving, world-class golf and many more adventure activities nearby. Or, simply relax and soak up the sun in one of the resort’s five swimming pools and breathtaking beachfront.This luxury resort also features 35,000 square feet of meeting facilities and ideal locations combined with the special touch of event planners who will attend to every last detail. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Amex, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline and Tingo so you can book your Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.