Having been a big fan of Barcelo Resorts, I booked my anniversary trip to Cabo back in October before I knew it was changing to Hyatt. When I found out, I was concerned admittedly and wasn't sure if I would get the Barcelo Palace experience. As soon as we arrived to check-in we were wisked off to a private lounge and given the VIP check in treatment. Our room on the 7th floor, facing the ocean was spectacular. His & hers closets, lots of drawers, and the "smart TV" which allows you to go on the internet, check mail, control the temperature, set your status to Do Not Disturb and watch TV, of course. There were some negative reviews about the pool temperature and I can assure you that this is simply not the case. The pools are many and some are heated more than others (swim up bar) but even the coolest pool is still warm. The adult pool on the side was spectacular and quiet for reading and sleeping. The main pool is the hub of the resort and lots going on - music, drinking, some partying, etc.
Foodwise, I would say it was pretty good. Standard fare for buffet breakfast -- try the omelet bar or the fresh fruit stations. I took yogurt, fresh fruit and had the bartender make me smoothies. There is no soy milk or almond milk, which was a bit of a disappointment, but I recognize this is not mainstream. Lunches at the buffet restaurant or the beachside restaurant for a good selection. As far as alacarte, the best part is no reservataions required! Beautiful cocktail bar outside the restaurants as you wait for your name to be called for the table. We ate Japanese, French, Italian & Steakhouse. They were all good.
We used the fitness center and it was good. We upgraded to Premium status and had access to the premium lounge and a later check-out. If you don't take the Premium option, you still get beautiful room and free wi-fi, so to save $, you can pass on this.
Contrary to other reviews on this hotel, my experience is that the staff are not spread thin, not too busy or grouchy. Everyone we encountered was pleasant and helpful.
One recommendation is to go into town (San Jose) for ArtWalk on Thursday nite -- absolutely beautiful. Lots of really nice restaurants in San Jose for romantic dinners & beautiful ambience. We absolutely loved San Jose.
- Also Known As:
- Barcelo Los Cabos Palace Deluxe Hotel
- Barcelo Los Cabos Palace Deluxe Hotel San Jose Del Cabo
- Barcelo Hotel Los Cabos
- Barcelo Resort Los Cabos
- Grand Baja Resort
- The Grand Baja
- Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos San Jose Del Cabo
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on one of the most majestic peninsulas in the world and offering spectacular views of the Sea of Cortes, Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos is a luxurious all inclusive oasis of sophistication and comfort. This magnificent beachfront resort is minutes from beautiful downtown San Jose del Cabo and features plush accommodations, impressive amenities, impeccable service and is just minutes from the international airport.Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos is a unique, all inclusive experience that offers a myriad of activities from fine dining options at six a la carte restaurants and two gourmet buffet restaurants, to unique spa treatments, Children’s programming and nightly entertainment shows. Enjoy deep-water fishing, scuba diving, world-class golf and many more adventure activities nearby. Or, simply relax and soak up the sun in one of the resort’s five swimming pools and breathtaking beachfront.This luxury resort also features 35,000 square feet of meeting facilities and ideal locations combined with the special touch of event planners who will attend to every last detail. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Amex, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline and Tingo so you can book your Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.