“Best Place to Stay Ever” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel El Ganzo

Save Saved
You added Hotel El Ganzo to your Saves list
Hotel El Ganzo
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   El Tiburon s/n, La Playita, San Jose del Cabo 23403, Mexico   |
Ranked #14 of 39 hotels in San Jose del Cabo
San Diego
“Best Place to Stay Ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

I like this place so much it's almost embarrassing. I discovered it by accident because I was staying in a nearby hotel and wondered what the large white building was, that obstructed my view. What I walked around the building and saw that it was a hotel - I walked in and was astonished. The design and the construction and service are amazing.
On the roof of the hotel there is a pool and hot tub which overlooks the ocean. The restaurant on the 1st floor is wonderful, I had breakfast there every day. I liked it so much that I planned this another trip back to San Jose Del Cabo just to stay at this damn hotel.
Actually being there exceeded my expectations. The staff are so helpful and always there to get anything a person needs. The rooms are amazingly comfortable and beautiful views and the most modern appliances. In the middle of the hotel there is a 4 story fountain which is the largest fountain I have ever seen.
There is wireless Internet access throughout the hotel, but if you are using it for about 5 min. you will need to sign in again. No charge for wireless Internet (yay).
Room service is good and fast.

Room Tip: the higher the better.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

158 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

We had a great experience at El Ganzo from the room, the staff and the food!
Wish we could have stayed longer. Was a true peaceful getaway from the other touristy areas. Well worth the money even the restaurant.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

Hotel El Ganzo is contemporary and secluded. The design of the hotel and rooms is beautiful. The staff is extremely helpful and the service on point. The entire experience has a very artsy and musical vibe.
Avoid the restaurant if possible. The food is extremely over-priced and the service quite bad. Our waiter at breakfast forgot to bring the orange juice we ordered and when he brought the bill charged us for two, insisting that he did bring two orange juices and that we were wrong. You can get a more authentic meal just down the street.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013 via mobile

Magical, is the word that comes to mind when I remember my experience at El Ganzo.

Upon arrival, there was a musician in residence playing a tune in the lobby to a relaxed audience. What an entrance! I thought.

But that was just the beginning of an Alice in wonderland journey over 5 days. Each adventure unfolding like a budding flower.
I spotted the hammock swings outside and immediately sat in one to my delight.
It began to sprinkle, but it didn't matter.

The next day we took little red bikes around the mariner to the cactus garden and onward l through a surreal sculpture garden where I threw my shoes off and pranced in the soft cut grass. As the sun set, we made our way back to the rooftop hot tub and witnessed one of the most stunning sunsets I've ever seen. It was New Years Eve and long before the clock stuck midnight, I felt fulfilled.

I had come to El Ganzo to get away from the usual New Year's Eve hell, and I was grateful to find a special heaven.
El Ganzo prepared a six course dinner that evening and we watched fireworks bursting across the water when the clock hit midnight.

The breakfast each morning was delicious and the staff was kind and had no problem accommodating my particular tastes.
If I wanted to add something or take something off a dish, they would effortlessly make it happen. I value that highly.

We took a ten minute drive the next evening to an amazing restaurant called Flora Farms which grows their own produce in the coiffed gardens surrounding the kitchen and tables. It was so beautiful and the food was immaculate.

I loved that I could stay at the hotel and enjoy everything it had to offer, or I could travel just 15 or 30 minutes to a variety of other adventurous venues before slipping back to the privacy and seclusion the hotel offers.

Everyone I met at El Ganzo, from the staff to local friends to the other guests were friendly and unique, which was refreshing and inspiring.

The last day we took a boat over to the beach on the other side of the marina. The pelicans flying around us were so fun and humorous and the staff at the beach were amazing, even digging a hole for an umbrella to perfectly shade our crew.
Then we went out on the paddle boards.
The staff accompanied us and taught us as we learned to ski on the water despite the heavy winds that day.

All in all, it was a perfect balance of rest, activities, socializing, solitude, and relaxation.

I highly recommend El Ganzo and will be returning in the future with other friends, artists, family.

• Stayed January 2013
Mexico City, Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

I stayed at el Ganzo for many days and it was a unique experience, every night came with a new and exciting surprise. Perfect for an amazing vacation. The rooms are big and clean, the view is amazing from all of the rooms. Great concept great hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

We stayed at this hotel during the Christmas holiday 2012. The hotel is beautiful, rooms are nice and service was great. The hotel is located right across from the new marina in San Jose Del Cabo. Transportation from the hotel to the local excursions and to Cabo San Lucas can be pricey so be prepared.

We found two great local restaurants/taco stands on the road leading to the hotel; Ali's and Nicole's place. Be sure to check them out.

We are looking forward to returning next year!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel El Ganzo? Share your experiences!