“Best dining experience I've ever had” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Cuisines: Italian, Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
“Best dining experience I've ever had”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

We went to Cata Wine because it was off the beaten path and rated highly serving authentic local cuisine. The evening started off with an Argentine (2011) Merlot - what an amazing surprise - best wine I've ever had. While enjoying an extraordinary salad and sipping wine, we were serenaded while things kept getting better and better. Everyone in our party of four raved about their meals. We stayed late, having dessert which also was excellent. The service was impeccable, the atmosphere was perfect. If you are any where near San Jose, you must stop in to Cata Wine for dinner, you won't be sorry!

Penticton, Canada
“Cata Wine Restaurant Awesome!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

On our last night of vacation we decided to eat at the Cata Wine Restaurant. It was excellent our only disappointment was that we had not tried it earlier.
Four of us dined all having a different entre, all were delicious.
The service was incredible and the Flaming Mexican coffees at the end of the meal were the best show I have seen in a long time. They tasted great too.
I highly recommend it for a great time in San Jose Del Cabo.

Minnesota
“Cozy charming place for supper”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013 via mobile

This restaurant is in the little strip mall of cafes on the left side of the road as you walk from the beach-side resorts of San Jose del Cabo into town. Their maitre d was standing outside & enticed us to look at the menu, & since it looked good, we came back 2 nights during our 1 week stay. Good Italian food, very cozy charming setting with fountains & plants. Convenient to our resort too.

Visited April 2013
Sacramento, California, United States
“Cata Wine Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

Don't be fooled by the exterior and entry to this restaurant. Once inside you are transported to a remarkable setting under the stars with lots of local flowers and vegetation surrounding you. As if the setting wasn't enough, the food in this establishment, just now celebrating its one year anniversary, is exceptional.

I had never seen a menu that specializes in 2 completely different cuisines, until now. You have a choice of gourmet Mexican or Italian fare. On this evening, we chose Italian. One of my wife's favorite meals is eggplant parmigiana. Her own recipe comes from Italy and is at least 40 years old and very authentic. Her comment was simply "this is the best eggplant I have ever eaten". I opted for several appetizers and each one was better than the next.

Our waiter, one of the owners, was extremely friendly and helpful. I was not familiar many of the wines on the list and when I asked for a suggestion, he offered an exceptional Argentinian Malbec. Asking if I would like to try it first, I accepted, expecting a small pour to taste. Instead, he filled my glass with the wine and was he ever spot on. It was one of the best I had tasted. Needless to say, we ordered a bottle. When we finished the bottle he returned with an open bottle and wanted to give us more, complimentary. As I had to drive back to our resort I politely declined. I have NEVER had that level of hospitality and service in any restaurant prior.

We travel to this area at least once a year. Cata Wine will be on our short list of restaurants to revisit when we return.

Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States
“Special Meal Out”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

We were pleased by our dinner out at Cata Wine. The decor was inviting, the service was fantastic, and the food was great. I highly recommend Cata Wine!