I absolutely loved Las Ventanas. Until now, my favorite hotel was Four Seasons in Hualalai (for a variety of reasons) but after spending a few days here, I am left scratching my head as to which is the all-star.
Julio picked us up at the airport in the Mercedes, which I thought was excellent. I loved the soft ipod music in the background, chilled water and cold towels that were included. The ride was very comfortable and exactly what I needed after 6 hours of travel. He also alerts the hotel you are on the way, so they are all prepared for you in every way when you get there. The handoff is so smooth. I thought this was all very cool.
The rooms are magnificent, definitely better than Hualalai. We were supposed to be in a oceanview suite but were upgraded to an oceanfront one bedroom suite in the residences when we got here. The room had many views of the ocean from different angles, which I thought was wonderful. All night you hear the terrific waves crashing down on the ocean below. No detail was overlooked- complimentary tequila in the room, candles by the jacuzzi, a wonderful separate bathroom suite with tub and shower, the largest mini bar ever, comfortable couches on the terrace.
The service was definitely terrific. Many of the staff knew our name when we left. At times, I saw more staff than patrons. Everyone stops what they are doing when they see you and said, "Buenas Dias". Several times, the staff made an effort to find out about us- where were we from, what did we think of Las Ventanas?"... Also, as I walked the property I would often see staff meetings being done. I guess each day they like to stay at the top of their game.
The pool is terrific. Terrific view. Waiters adjusting our umbrellas often as the sun moved through the day. Loved the chilled bottled water, evian spritz, sunglass cleaning, leg pillows, complimentary snacks brought around.
Sea Grill was terrific. So incredibly romantic at night. Excellent food and terrific wine list.
We also ventured to O&O Palmilla at Agua-also terrific view-they had music and fireworks there and loved that too. I might actually go back there, one day, although- I think that is a much larger resort and you tend to blend into the crowd. LV is far more exclusive.
1. Plan on spending in incidentals about $800-1,000 a day and you should be fine. This includes breakfast, lunch and dinner with drinks, drinks through the day, and a fun activity.
2. If you are trying to save $$, skip the spa. I wasn't impressed at all with the service and if you are from a city like NYC- when there are many good spas available, trust me- LV has nothing over them. The spa was the only true rip-off, in my opinion.
3. If you are from a major city like NYC, LA, Chicago and are used to fine restauarants, don't waste your time at C or even the Restaurant at LV. Go somewhere for the ambience, the waves crashing down. These previous restaurants draw is the terrific chefs, but honestly- the previous cities I mentioned- have the best chefs in the world. You can go to a Gramercy Tavern like ambiance anytime- you cant go to Sea Grill in NYC or Agua. C looked like any tough trendy restaurant in NYC. Ummm, no thanks.
4. If you plan on venturing out to other restaurants and taking cabs, bring plenty of $$ with you before hand. There is no ATM on the hotel premises so when we needed cash, the hotel gave it to us with a $5 surcharge. Forgetting that this is a little chintzy, make sure you have plenty with you.
5. Make your reservations before you leave for LV. We got shut out of the plaza/beach dinner (which looked fabulous and not to be missed) as this was a very last minute trip. Also, the porsche was rented for the whole week by someone, so we got shut out of that as well.
Have a terrific time and enjoy it. I really loved LV and would come back again- probably would try O&O for comparsion though.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Las Ventanas al Paraiso, A Rosewood Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Las Ventanas Al Paraiso, a Rosewood Hotel San Jose Del Cabo
- Las Ventanas Al Paraiso Hotel
- Las Ventanas Al Paraiso Resort
- Las Ventanas Cabo San Lucas
- Las Ventanas Al Paraiso, A Rosewood Resort Los Cabos/San Jose Del Cabo