“Died. Gone to Heaven. End of story.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Las Ventanas al Paraiso, A Rosewood Resort

Save Saved
You added Las Ventanas al Paraiso, A Rosewood Resort to your Saves list
Las Ventanas al Paraiso, A Rosewood Resort
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   Ctra Transpeninsular Km.19.5, San Jose del Cabo 23400, Mexico   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Book Now
Ranked #1 of 39 hotels in San Jose del Cabo
Sydney, Australia
“Died. Gone to Heaven. End of story.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I regularly reflect on my good fortune to have travelled extensively over the years for both work and pleasure. As a result of my travels, I have enjoyed some epic experiences around the world. It really is a privilege, and I don't take it for granted. Having said that, our most recent vacation break was amongst (if not) the best we've experienced.

We stayed four nights at Las Ventanas al Paraiso in Mexico (Cabo San Lucas area), and were stunned at every turn. This isn't a resort, it's a lifestyle! We're talking impeccable attention to detail, wonderful food, beautiful facilities (great gym, outstanding rooms, impeccable pools, and so much more). But what really makes this place is the quality of service - it's gob-smacking. But don't get me wrong, it's not over the top, in fact it's humble and many times discrete - but it's all about anticipating guest needs, and then going a little further to surprise and delight. Not once or twice, but all the time. Service levels are fantastic, every staff member we met was a poster child for polite and professional service. it's a tribute to strong leadership and a positive work ethic - this place has a unique business culture.

I'm trying fault something? Maybe a stronger wifi signal poolside? And you know how ridiculous that sounds - just put the iPad down and relax :)

Yes you're paying a little more, but it's a no regrets decision - and given the high standards is value for money.

Rarely do we vacation at the same place twice, but just tonight a mere few weeks after our return my wife suggested we plan a return visit sometime. And I couldn't agree more.

Room Tip: We had a garden view suite, was fantastic. FWIW, we came across this hotel via TripAdvisor, so it...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends

623 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (135)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

We had booked another #1 Trip Advisor rated resort to try, but we checked out after one night to return "home" to Las Ventanas. The other spot was a beautiful setting and buildings, but the service was just not up to Las Ventanas standards.

We travel frequently and Las Ventanas has consistently been the finest service we have ever enjoyed around the world.

The staff is uniformly excellent in anticipating your needs and even with things that you don't even know you might like, there they are, delivering a world class experience. We have visited twice in the past year, and this trip convinced us to visit more frequently. It is such a peaceful, relaxing, pampering experience, you never want to leave.

Las Ventanas is staffed by experts in paying attention to detail. We could not find a problem with our room, the hotel or the staff. We probably stay in a dozen five star resorts a year, and Las Ventanas is the only place where we could not find anything to improve! It is that well operated and maintained.

There are other very beautiful and highly rated resorts in the Los Cabos area, but I believe the people writing those reviews haven't yet had the pleasure of staying at Las Ventanas. Once you have experienced the service, it is really hard stay anywhere else. We will be back, and sooner next time!

Room Tip: We always enjoy the oceanfront rooms with the outdoor Jacuzzi. The beach is a little calmer and the...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Harrison, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

We’ve been to Las Ventanas al Paraíso many times (6-7 times) and needless to say, it’s the best resort in the world. It’s the closest you can get to paradise without actually going there (at least not yet). We had been planning this trip for about 1 ½ years to renew our wedding vows and celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary with friends and family. It was the first visit for our family so we were very excited about showing off this marvelous hidden treasure.
Ximena Perez, Romance Director, Oscar Buendia, our butler and I had been planing the special celebration for a few months prior via internet. Everything I had wished and dreamed for was always possible. To tell you the truth, I never got no for an answer from anyone at Las Ventanas now or ever.
The days leading to the celebration were perfect. Since we had finished planning almost everything, family and friends were able to relax. We got to show them around the area. We ate at the resort several times (the Sea Grill and The Restaurant). The resort has live music every day, my favorite is Salsa night (Thursdays) with a wonderful authentic Cuban band. We ate at “Agua”- One and Only Palmilla which was very nice. We also had dinner in San Jose (El Tequila which was great) and Cabo San Lucas (Edith, very good). The night we dined at San Lucas, the young ones stayed there and went shopping & clubbing and had a great safe time.
During the day we did two activities: Todos Santos and private sailing. We visited Todos Santos and had lunch there at Cafe Santa Fe (it was Sunday and it was almost empty, little disappointing, we won’t go back there). Another day, we took a 3 hour private sailboat with Cabo Sails to the Arch and stopped to snorkel in some small beaches close by. That was great. (See my review in Trip Advisor). One evening after the vow celebration we hired a Mariachi Band- Mariachi Diaz for two hours. They played on the beach with the waves crashing in the background. That was another romantic and memorable experience for all of us. All the recommendations made by Las Ventanas were outstanding and flawless.
I can’t forget to mention our wonderful experience at one of the best Spas in the world. The attention, quality of treatments, relaxing atmosphere makes you want to come back to it over and over. We especially remember: Adriana, Rosario, Araceli and many more. We also used the Salon and it was great too.
I had envisioned the vow renewal to be a small intimate celebration with family and friends. I dreamed of me walking on the sand towards my husband in a light and flowy PINK dress with my girls and granddaughter ahead of me and my two boys walking me up the aisle. That and more is exactly what we had that day. We wouldn’t have been able to do it without the help of some very special people: from Las Ventanas (Ximena, Oscar, the Chefs and many more) and others from around Los Cabos (Gilda Badillo, the photographer), Los Mosquitos-Abel Aguirre (the Music), Adriana (from Areté floral), Jose Moreno & John Fagan (the ministers) etc. It was beautiful, there were many moist eyes in our group.
Las Ventanas no only met our expectations but exceeded them. Here are some of the things we’ll remember the most even when we’re back home far from Las Ventanas: everyone knows you by name; everything is possible; everything happens without a hitch; the staff is well trained, bilingual, efficient yet warm and personable and their service is thoughtful and impeccable. The entire staff works tirelessly to make your stay perfect. I cannot end my review without mentioning the housekeeping staff (Malena and Juliana) that endlessly worked to make sure that our villa was confortable, spotless and at all times had everything we needed. (They saw we were running out of toothpaste and brought a new tube).
Putting it all together: If you want the most incredibly relaxing vacation at an amazing resort with spectacular grounds and the best sunrise and sunset views, then definitely stay at Las Ventanas! This is, BY FAR, the most incredible resort my husband and I have ever stayed. The rooms are large and confortable, beautifully decorated, the food fantastic, the spa is unbelievable, and the staff is incomparable. We are counting the days until we can return. We love you Las Ventanas!!!

Room Tip: Oceanfront/Rooftop Suite
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Woodside, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

We wanted a great hotel near an interesting scuba diving location for a week family vacation. LVP was perfect. Food and service were exceptional. We had an ocean front roof terrace suit and could have just enjoyed the room/terrace and taken all our meals in. But the 7 pools ( we went on a pool safari), horseback riding on the beach, spa ( free for the basic steam/sauna/soak combo) , and excellent tennis facility beckoned. The scuba diving at Cabo Pulmo was an adventure ( not close or even a fully paved road) but worth it. As a diver accustomed to the likes of Yap, Palau, Fiji, and the best of Hawaii, Cabo Pulmo surprised me with the quality and accessibility of the marine life there. 20 years of protection has had an impact and the reef there is healthy, vibrant with life, and great fun. Use Manta as the dive operator -they will pick you up at the hotel. But we loved LVP so much we gave diving a back seat to just luxuriating at the hotel and only went out three of the 8 days. The hotel staff and management offer the gold standard and deserve all the accolades thy get. Bravo!

Room Tip: We had 300 building 1br with roof top terrace and soaking tub. Great views and quiet.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
San Francisco, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

I have been to Cabo San Lucas many times over the past 20 years, and for my last visit my husband and I were lucky enough to stay at Las Ventanas. I cannot imagine a better way to start the year than a 4-night getaway to this resort. The buildings and grounds are stunning, and we absolutely loved our room. Spending time on our terrace enjoying wine and and the sea view each evening was one of my favorite things to do each day. The pools are both stunning, especially the main pool. We loved the swim-up bar and tables built into the pool where you can enjoy drinks. The drinks at the pool were delicious, particularly the watermelon mojito.

We ordered room service two of the nights and were able to experience The Sea Grill and The Restaurant on the other two nights. The food we had in the restaurants was great, but we were a bit disappointed in the food we ordered from room service. The prices for food and drinks at the resort are very high, which is to be expected at this level of resort, but even coming from LA, we were still a bit surprised. You just have to tell yourself that you are staying at an amazing resort and you are on vacation and the prices don't matter. All of the employees we met including our butlers were great and very helpful, so overall service is great.

If you want an incredibly relaxing vacation in Cabo at an amazing resort with spectacular grounds and views, then definitely stay at Las Ventanas!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Brentwood
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

This is, BY FAR, the most incredible resort I have ever stayed. The service was thoughtful and impeccable. The entire staff works tirelessly to make your stay perfect. The rooms are exception, the food fantastic, the spa is unbelievable. If you go to Cabo, this is THE place to stay. I am counting the days until I can return.

• Stayed July 2014
Las vegas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

I booked at this resort because of the quick flight from LAX and because my friends had recommended it. I live in Las Vegas where excess is an understatement... The Mansion are private villas in MGM Hotel. They set the bar very high and Las Ventanas was on par with that excellence.
I booked the one bedroom spa suite- butler, personal pool, outdoor shower... Perfection! Sergio was our butler and he was amazing! He booked a jet ski tour and he even packed us with waters and Evian face spray! We called for room service around 11p, when no one answered we called Sergio's personal cell. He took care of it ASAP!
Private dinner on the beach was unforgettable!
Whole experience was perfection!

• Stayed August 2013
MDLasVentanas, General Manager at Las Ventanas al Paraiso, A Rosewood Resort, responded to this review, yesterday
Dear gensantos,

Thank you so much for choosing Las Ventanas al Paraíso and for writing your review! We are glad to know you had a wonderful stay and that we exceeded your expectations. Sergio is an excellent butler and he will be very happy to know he made of your stay an amazing and joyful experience.

Looking forward to welcoming you back soon in Paradise!

Daniel Scott
Resort Manager

Been to Las Ventanas al Paraiso, A Rosewood Resort? Share your experiences!