“El Paraiso!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Las Ventanas al Paraiso, A Rosewood Resort

Save Saved
You added Las Ventanas al Paraiso, A Rosewood Resort to your Saves list
Las Ventanas al Paraiso, A Rosewood Resort
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   Ctra Transpeninsular Km.19.5, San Jose del Cabo 23400, Mexico   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Book Now
Ranked #1 of 39 hotels in San Jose del Cabo
“El Paraiso!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013 via mobile

Beautiful place. Service was impeccable. Butlers Ana and Edgar were very nice and ready to assist us with anything. They were the best!! Staff members were incredible. always ready to help right away. Food was excellent. Best breakfast. Hotel manager was very helpful and professional. Fantastic Resort!!!! L. Ojeda

• Stayed June 2013
MDLasVentanas, General Manager at Las Ventanas al Paraiso, A Rosewood Resort, responded to this review, June 22, 2013
Dear LSauto99:

It was very kind of you to take the time to write such a lovely review of your visit to Las Ventanas. Thank you for your kind comments regarding the service you received from our Team Members, particularly your butlers Ana and Edgar, which I'll be glad to share with them.
All of us at Las Ventanas truly look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Martein Van Wagenberg

629 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (136)
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

I had a wonderful time in Los Cabos. The staff were incredibly attentive, we had a private dinner on the beach which was great. The tequila bar was also a lot of fun. The beach is beautiful and the day spa is worth a visit.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
MDLasVentanas, General Manager at Las Ventanas al Paraiso, A Rosewood Resort, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Dear barrell_07:
How wonderful to read that you made the long journey from Australia to discover Las Ventanas al Paraíso. Thank you so much for your lovely review of your stay with us. We really appreciate your thoughtful comments and kind words.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

My husband and I selected Las Ventanas after a thorough online research of the resort vs. One and Only in Los Cabos. The resort far and away exceeded all expectations, and as we had a chance to dine at One and Only one evening, we decided we made the right choice. Las Ventanas is the perfect couples getaway.

The service is incredible. At the start of our vacation I was upset that I had left my kindle on the plane - no problem though! Our butler contacted the airline and had it delivered to our room the next day. At the pool, the staff was always there to adjust a chair or umbrella (they practically sprint if they see you trying to do this on your own), take a drink order or help locate our butler to make a reservation. Nice mid-afternoon treats - drink tastings and ice cream brought to your lounge made it hard to find a reason to get up at all except for the occasional bathroom break!

The food at the resort is delicious and we were disappointed when we went off property one evening into town as it did not compare. Lunches at the poolside bar were tasty, healthy and well presented. Portion size was perfect. Dinners at the bar restaurant at night were fantastic too - one night we sat at the table which is at the far end and it felt like we had a private table on the beach. For those who desire it, you can have a private table set up on the beach - that looked lovely too. (My only complaint was that the drinks from the bar were a little weak, but when my husband went up to the bar himself to ask for the bartender to make it a little stronger, the waiter came over concerned and offered up another drink for free). The main restaurant served tasty breakfasts and unique juice drinks (I had fresh watermelon juice every day). Dinners there were fabulous - the fish is so fresh and service impeccable. We were sad though that while we asked for the recipe for a dish that we ordered several times, it was never emailed to us, despite promises by the staff to do so.

The furnishings at the resort are beautiful. We loved our room and liked the nice touches. Upon check-in, we were greeted with fresh guacamole and tequilla/beer at the room.You get to choose an aromatherapy scent each night which is left over a lit candle to warm the air. There is a telescope in the room and I saw several whales breaching while taking in the views. Walking around the resort is a zen-like experience. It is very, very quiet and the sand around the resort is raked so you feel like you are in a zen garden. The poolside chairs are very comfy and it was surreal to be relaxing in paradise only to see a whale breach or smack its tail down in the ocean in front of you. There are binoculars nicely situated by the pool bar if you want a closer look at the action.

After a few days of the ultimate relaxation experience, I was itching for some action. Our butler was more than happy to arrange off property excursions which included a dune buggy tour (lots of fun and got the pulse racing!), whale watching (this was VERY cool) and horseback riding on the beach with hubby of 23 years! (check this off of my bucket list!). On our first day we also opted for the on-premise cooking lesson. This was a lot of fun (especially because of champagne served) and delicious!

We attended the special cocktail hour held for resort guests and I got a chance to chat with the Manager responsible for hiring and training. I was impressed with the level of training that staff receive and the rigor of the interview process. They are clearly doing something right (or many, many things right!) as I have never felt more taken care of at a hotel. The staff are not only attentive but they anticipate your needs!

This property delivers above and beyond its promise. My husband and I cannot wait to go back.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
MDLasVentanas, General Manager at Las Ventanas al Paraiso, A Rosewood Resort, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Dear zdogluvr,

Thank you for sharing the experience you had with us at Las Ventanas al Paraíso! We are thrilled to read your lovely words, especially regarding the service you received from our team members!

We hope you will give us the opportunity to pamper you again in Paradise!
Hasta Pronto!!

Las Ventanas al Paraíso
London UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

Most of the obvious stuff has already been said about LVAP so I will just give my perspective. Stayed 5 nights in a Ocean View terrace rooftop junior suite which has a lovely Jacuzzi on the balcony (you need to turn it on a few hours in advance to get it up to temp) and rooftop with loungers- stunning views especially when we saw whales passing by twice during our stay. Stating the obvious everything is expensive here but overall I think that it still represents decent value as standards across the board are happily very high. Food is delicious and very fresh - we ate at the more relaxed Sea Grill every night apart from the last when we chose the Restaurant. I am vegetarian and luckily I had loads of options across the menu.
If I can save up would love to go back as its stunning and difficult to fault it!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
MDLasVentanas, General Manager at Las Ventanas al Paraiso, A Rosewood Resort, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
Dear Marty99,

Thank you very much for giving us the opportunity to pamper you during your stay with us in Paradise. We truly appreciate your feedback.
Looking forward to welcoming you back soon in Paradise!

Princeton, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

First, I am loving the Rosewood Resorts! We went to Jumby Bay last year and LOVED it. Never liked a beach resort better. The folks there told us that this is the place to go. It was very good. The food was great, spa excellent and the staff was friendly and on top of everything. Our room was so-so. We had other friends there and their rooms were fabulous, so that was a little off putting, but didn't ruin the stay.
Jumby will be my favorite, but this is excellent too!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a hot tub on the terrace!!
Dear Bestiswest,

Thank you for the review of your recent stay at Las Ventanas. We really appreciate your thoughtful comments.

Hopefully, we’ll see you at Las Ventanas again very soon!

Durango, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

We spent 7 days and are amazed with the experience in every way. They honor each guests privacy and way of travel. The personal touches are endless from the personalized Menus at privates dinners to special made desserts to amaze any foodie! We don't have young children but to my astonishment, las ventanas accommodates babies, children and teens in so many ways. I was not bothered once by any children at the resort.
They made special food dishes for my husband to accommodate his digestive issues. Also may I mention he never had one issue during the whole week with his digestive system, it must like las ventanas food.
The spa is a must! Do a couples retreat package, great experience
We booked a spa, two bedroom suite. With a steam shower and private massage room. Three decks and a full kitchen. Impeccable cleanliness. We never saw any housekeeping but yet our room was spotless.
From the poolside sunglass cleaner guys, to the cabana attendants, the personalized details can go on and on!
If your lucky enough to go, you will understand once your there what I'm talking about
Book polish the jewel package, so worth it!
Thank you Maria Jose and Martein Van Wagenberg for
making our stay so memorable!
We traveled in January 2013 and I'm jut writing this review because I've been in bliss since leaving LVP. Oh and the fact I've been busy rebooking our next visits. See ya in 45 days las ventanas! We truly feel blessed to experience such an amazing place, so close to home. 3 hour flight to relaxation and paradise!

• Stayed January 2013
MDLasVentanas, General Manager at Las Ventanas al Paraiso, A Rosewood Resort, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Dear Dgojenny,
I would like to Thank for the time you took to write this wonderful review of our Resort. I truly appreciate your feedback.
I will gladly pass along your kind words to all of our dear team members. Looking forward to welcoming you back to your home in Paradise!!
Hasta Pronto!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013 via mobile

Just got back from LVP and it was amazing. I've been all over Mexico (well, at least the tourist areas), and honestly I was a little skeptical about this trip from a luxury vacation standpoint. I've stayed at a number of luxury hotels/resorts and I'll admit that I didn't think there was anywhere in Mexico that could measure up to those past experiences...I was DEAD wrong! This resort provided my wife and I one of the most relaxing and peaceful vacations we've ever had.

Like every other commenter has mentioned previously, this type of experience doesn't come cheap...so if you are watching your wallet this may not be the place for you, but I'll say it's worth the indulgence if you can past the initial "sticker-shock".

What makes LVP so appealing though is the ability to get away from the masses and chaos often associated with a typical commercialized resort...It's definitely not the sort of place where you have to worry about hammered college kids getting rowdy in the pool! That being said, if you're looking for a lively, night-life type of atmosphere this isn't your destination...they shuttle you away to downtown Cabo for that foolishness! :) The staff is amazing and if you need anything or wish to go anywhere your private butler(s) (thanks Omar and Edgar!) will do everything in their power to make it happen.

Everything about LVP is based on serenity, quality and class. Each of these led to us having a phenomenal experience. This resort has set the bar VERY high for our next trip.

• Stayed April 2013
Dear Teamjohnson,

Thank you for sharing your review! It is always great to read from guests about their experiences and I will gladly pass along kind comments to our team members.
Again, thank you for your feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back many times in the future in our little “Paraíso”.

Managing Director

Been to Las Ventanas al Paraiso, A Rosewood Resort? Share your experiences!