“Heaven on Earth” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Las Ventanas al Paraiso, A Rosewood Resort

Save Saved
You added Las Ventanas al Paraiso, A Rosewood Resort to your Saves list
Las Ventanas al Paraiso, A Rosewood Resort
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   Ctra Transpeninsular Km.19.5, San Jose del Cabo 23400, Mexico   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #1 of 39 Hotels in San Jose del Cabo
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
“Heaven on Earth”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

I do not normally feel emotional when I'm heading home from a vacation. We typically enjoy our vacations but then look forward to getting back home. 6 years ago when we made our first trip to Las Ventanas, I cried when we had to get in the taxi to leave. I had the same experience this time. Not only is the property out of this world stunning, it is obvious from the moment you arrive that the staff are there to meet your every need and only too happy to do so. As one staff member told us "Nothing is impossible at Las Ventanas".
I don't believe we had a room butler 6 years ago and that has been a wonderful addition to their service. Our room butlers, Tzitzi and Oscar, were always available and happy to be at our service. And the list of staff who offered exemplary service could go on and on.
Las Ventanas has achieved perfection and we hope to be able to return regularly now that we are almost finished with tuition bills!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
Santa Barbara, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

When you pay $2000 a night for a room and you are woken up very other morning at 7:30am by the sound of the Gardner trimming the hedge in front of your room it is really annoying. Like getting your teeth drilled at the dentist. The sound is the sameTY please stop this insane practice at your otherwise perfect resort.

Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

By far the loveliest beach resort we have ever been to. What can I tell you that the others have not mentioned? Well first of all- we took an ocean front suite on the pool level. Really unreal. The bath and dressing area were also gorgeous. Why- kind of felt like this was our own villa on the ocean- and it is a pristine beach. The fact that you have your own butler service is another plus that adds to the private villa feel. Jonathan Stein was also a real gem- professional and personable superb tennis instructor- worked with him daily. All the food was exceptional- really wonderful at every restaurant. This resort is elegant, refined, and immaculate. Staff from housekeeping to general manager was unpretentious, pleasant, and extremely accommodating. Definitely one of our top vacations. We also loved the indigenous art-work and landscaping throughout the property. Everywhere you turn the views/images were spectacular. This will become our yearly anniversary treat. <OK reviewers, go ahead and laugh! Daniel the manager asked if there was ANYTHING that could be needed or improved?- - so of course taking on this homework in a serious manner –HERE it is- -leave some candle snuffers in the suites! There are always candles burning which we LOVE- and we also love having a candle snuffer on-hand to put the flames to sleep! I bet that the next time we go - there will be candle snuffers in all the suites!>

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
MDLasVentanas, General Manager at Las Ventanas al Paraiso, A Rosewood Resort, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Dear Business Professional,
Thank you very much for your comments regarding your recent stay with us in "Paraíso". We will be honored to welcome you again next year to celebrate your wedding anniversary!
Hasta Pronto!
Atlanta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

I am a clean freak so...CLEAN only begins to describe how clean it really was! Better than I could do myself, barefoot everywhere. It took over 3 hours for the maids to clean the room every day! YAH!!!
Las Ventanas al Paraiso, the windows to the world of pleasure and paradise. This 5 star property leaves noting to imagine when luxury is what you seek. The property is gated and secure, and truth be known, there is no reason to leave. From the many spots at Las Ventanas you can enjoy great food, drink, and most of all - total relaxation. It took me about a day and a half to let all of the rest of the world go, and then I arrived. Turn off your phones, your email, your life outside and allow the warmth of the sun and the healing of the sea to penetrate your senses and your soul. Truly this is one of those great resorts that many, most, never hear of, and that is a GOOD THING!
Even at full capacity, you never feel crowded or rushed. If you can secure one of the ocean front 3 story private villa rooms, go for it. Waking to the sounds of the tides and waves is magical. Having your own private jacuzzi, private sun deck, and privacy of the room, allows you to roam freely and enjoy life as it is meant to be. All 5 star, period.

Room Tip: the 3 story villa is fantastic. CLEAN CLEAN CLEAN.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Ken A,
Thank you for your kind comments! We appreciate you taking the time to share your experiences on trip advisor and are delighted to hear you enjoyed our lovely little Paradise! Hope to welcome you back soon many more times in the future!

Hasta Pronto!!

Martein Van Wagenberg
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

We hope heaven is this nice. Las Ventanas delivers a perfect, luxury experience in every sense. The accommodations are roomy, beautiful and comfy. The staff is the best in the world. We'll be back again. And again.

Room Tip: Ocean view and ground level are so comfortable
Dear Laura D0603,

We are truly delighted that we fulfilled your expectations at the Resort and that you were able to relax and enjoy in "Paraíso". I will be happy to pass along your kind comments to all our team members.
Looking forward to welcoming you back soon!

michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

This resort is beyond words. It has been in my dreams for years, and my husband and I finally had the opportunity to stay here. In my mind, it has always been the pinnacle of fine resorts, and I am happy to say that it lived up to my high expectations. I have never experienced a more amazing property in my life.

We stayed here for my birthday. We opted for the pick-up service at the airport. They greeted us with Coronitas, cold water, and a little pouch full of Mexican candies for the 20 minute ride to the resort. Once we got to the resort, we were immediately greeted by several managers who personally introduced themselves, and wished me happy birthday. They even had a little cupcake with a birthday candle for me ready to go! We were then greeted by our personal assistant, Kristel. She took us on a tour of the property, and then to the Sea Grill restaurant so that we could have lunch while we waited for our room to be ready. It was the first of many impressive meals that we had. We had basil margaritas and split a shrimp flatbread pizza and some sashimi tuna - delicious!!!

Kristel came to find us when our room was ready. She opened to door to the most gorgeous room, and it looked EXACTLY like the pictures on the website, just gorgeous! Every detail of the room is high end, from the little stones in the borders on the floor, the wood beams on the ceiling, the ceramic sinks in the bathroom, the built in bed and nightstands, the wood burning fireplace, the floor to ceiling door walls, Jacuzzi tub on patio, rooftop sundeck, etc..... Everything was well thought out and beautifully done.

The resort was not at full capacity, I suspect, because we basically had our choice of any pool lounger there. It was very peaceful and quiet. The pool attendants are so in tune with the needs of the guests. If you just shifted in your chair, they came running over to adjust the back, move the umbrella, or offer more towels. They had on ear pieces, so they are able to communicate with the other staff members very easily. I think that is the secret to their amazing service. If I asked the pool attendant for a margarita, he discreetly used the headset to ask the bar staff, and before you could blink, my drink was in front of me! It is so apparent that priority #1 is always the guests comfort and satisfaction. I joked with my husband that the little hummingbirds around the property were little staff members listening in on us to predict our needs! How were they always on top of everything!?! LOL!

Now it goes without saying that a resort of this caliber is very expensive. But I can honestly say that it was worth every single penny, and i feel that we even got more than what we paid for. You are paying for quality of food, service, and atmosphere, and they do not disappoint in any of the above.

I could go on and on with my praise of the details of this property, but I don't want to ruin any of their little surprises for you! If you can afford to splurge a little on this luxurious resort, I would absolutely do it. I can say that we will absolutely be back for more of this little slice of paradise.

Dear lduv143,
Thank you for having taken the time to post your wonderful review of Las Ventanas al Paraíso and sharing how much you enjoyed our Resort. We were delighted to pamper you during your special birthday celebration!
Looking forward to welcoming you back soon in Paradise.
Hasta Pronto!
Rochester Hills, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

This was the most amazing experience my wife and I ever had. The room was amazing! The hotel grounds were immaculate! The food was great! And the #1 thing was the Service! We could not walk around without EVERY staff member acknowledging us and many of them addressing us by name. My wife and I even commented one time at the pool, that you simple have to look around and a staff member was there immediately to ask if we needed anything. They were a finely tuned group of individuals that made us feel extremely special. In all honestly, Las Ventanas has totally spoiled us! I will forever compare the service and experience we received there no matter where I go in the future. I will also comment that the lunches we had at the Sea Grill may have been the best lunches I have ever had. We even had one of the staff members go back into the kitchen with our camera and take pictures of the fresh tuna that just arrived. That is just a small example of how great it was. I also want to call out 3 individuals for really making us feel like royalty and why you have your earned the AAA 5 Diamond award: Kristel (our butler) Nicholas Escobar (manager), and Daniel Scott (resort manager). You have ensured our return visit to Las Ventanas! Thank you for everything!

Room Tip: Every room is beautiful. Even the garden room suites. I would recommend a roof top terrace because o...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Las Ventanas al Paraiso, A Rosewood Resort? Share your experiences!