“Paradise FOUND” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Las Ventanas al Paraiso, A Rosewood Resort

Save Saved
You added Las Ventanas al Paraiso, A Rosewood Resort to your Saves list
Las Ventanas al Paraiso, A Rosewood Resort
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   Ctra Transpeninsular Km.19.5, San Jose del Cabo 23400, Mexico   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Book Now & Save
Atlanta
“Paradise FOUND”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

I am a clean freak so...CLEAN only begins to describe how clean it really was! Better than I could do myself, barefoot everywhere. It took over 3 hours for the maids to clean the room every day! YAH!!!
Las Ventanas al Paraiso, the windows to the world of pleasure and paradise. This 5 star property leaves noting to imagine when luxury is what you seek. The property is gated and secure, and truth be known, there is no reason to leave. From the many spots at Las Ventanas you can enjoy great food, drink, and most of all - total relaxation. It took me about a day and a half to let all of the rest of the world go, and then I arrived. Turn off your phones, your email, your life outside and allow the warmth of the sun and the healing of the sea to penetrate your senses and your soul. Truly this is one of those great resorts that many, most, never hear of, and that is a GOOD THING!
Even at full capacity, you never feel crowded or rushed. If you can secure one of the ocean front 3 story private villa rooms, go for it. Waking to the sounds of the tides and waves is magical. Having your own private jacuzzi, private sun deck, and privacy of the room, allows you to roam freely and enjoy life as it is meant to be. All 5 star, period.

Room Tip: the 3 story villa is fantastic. CLEAN CLEAN CLEAN.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
MDLasVentanas, General Manager at Las Ventanas al Paraiso, A Rosewood Resort, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Dear Ken A,
Thank you for your kind comments! We appreciate you taking the time to share your experiences on trip advisor and are delighted to hear you enjoyed our lovely little Paradise! Hope to welcome you back soon many more times in the future!

Hasta Pronto!!

Martein Van Wagenberg

581 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

We hope heaven is this nice. Las Ventanas delivers a perfect, luxury experience in every sense. The accommodations are roomy, beautiful and comfy. The staff is the best in the world. We'll be back again. And again.

Room Tip: Ocean view and ground level are so comfortable
Dear Laura D0603,

We are truly delighted that we fulfilled your expectations at the Resort and that you were able to relax and enjoy in "Paraíso". I will be happy to pass along your kind comments to all our team members.
Looking forward to welcoming you back soon!

Martein van Wagenberg
michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

This resort is beyond words. It has been in my dreams for years, and my husband and I finally had the opportunity to stay here. In my mind, it has always been the pinnacle of fine resorts, and I am happy to say that it lived up to my high expectations. I have never experienced a more amazing property in my life.

We stayed here for my birthday. We opted for the pick-up service at the airport. They greeted us with Coronitas, cold water, and a little pouch full of Mexican candies for the 20 minute ride to the resort. Once we got to the resort, we were immediately greeted by several managers who personally introduced themselves, and wished me happy birthday. They even had a little cupcake with a birthday candle for me ready to go! We were then greeted by our personal assistant, Kristel. She took us on a tour of the property, and then to the Sea Grill restaurant so that we could have lunch while we waited for our room to be ready. It was the first of many impressive meals that we had. We had basil margaritas and split a shrimp flatbread pizza and some sashimi tuna - delicious!!!

Kristel came to find us when our room was ready. She opened to door to the most gorgeous room, and it looked EXACTLY like the pictures on the website, just gorgeous! Every detail of the room is high end, from the little stones in the borders on the floor, the wood beams on the ceiling, the ceramic sinks in the bathroom, the built in bed and nightstands, the wood burning fireplace, the floor to ceiling door walls, Jacuzzi tub on patio, rooftop sundeck, etc..... Everything was well thought out and beautifully done.

The resort was not at full capacity, I suspect, because we basically had our choice of any pool lounger there. It was very peaceful and quiet. The pool attendants are so in tune with the needs of the guests. If you just shifted in your chair, they came running over to adjust the back, move the umbrella, or offer more towels. They had on ear pieces, so they are able to communicate with the other staff members very easily. I think that is the secret to their amazing service. If I asked the pool attendant for a margarita, he discreetly used the headset to ask the bar staff, and before you could blink, my drink was in front of me! It is so apparent that priority #1 is always the guests comfort and satisfaction. I joked with my husband that the little hummingbirds around the property were little staff members listening in on us to predict our needs! How were they always on top of everything!?! LOL!

Now it goes without saying that a resort of this caliber is very expensive. But I can honestly say that it was worth every single penny, and i feel that we even got more than what we paid for. You are paying for quality of food, service, and atmosphere, and they do not disappoint in any of the above.

I could go on and on with my praise of the details of this property, but I don't want to ruin any of their little surprises for you! If you can afford to splurge a little on this luxurious resort, I would absolutely do it. I can say that we will absolutely be back for more of this little slice of paradise.

Dear lduv143,
Thank you for having taken the time to post your wonderful review of Las Ventanas al Paraíso and sharing how much you enjoyed our Resort. We were delighted to pamper you during your special birthday celebration!
Looking forward to welcoming you back soon in Paradise.
Hasta Pronto!
Martein van Wagenberg
Rochester Hills, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

This was the most amazing experience my wife and I ever had. The room was amazing! The hotel grounds were immaculate! The food was great! And the #1 thing was the Service! We could not walk around without EVERY staff member acknowledging us and many of them addressing us by name. My wife and I even commented one time at the pool, that you simple have to look around and a staff member was there immediately to ask if we needed anything. They were a finely tuned group of individuals that made us feel extremely special. In all honestly, Las Ventanas has totally spoiled us! I will forever compare the service and experience we received there no matter where I go in the future. I will also comment that the lunches we had at the Sea Grill may have been the best lunches I have ever had. We even had one of the staff members go back into the kitchen with our camera and take pictures of the fresh tuna that just arrived. That is just a small example of how great it was. I also want to call out 3 individuals for really making us feel like royalty and why you have your earned the AAA 5 Diamond award: Kristel (our butler) Nicholas Escobar (manager), and Daniel Scott (resort manager). You have ensured our return visit to Las Ventanas! Thank you for everything!

Room Tip: Every room is beautiful. Even the garden room suites. I would recommend a roof top terrace because o...
san clemente
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

We just returned from a week at Las Ventanas al Pariaiso and it truly is the windows of paradise! We decided to splurge since we were celebrating our 50th Wedding Anniversary and go to the very best Los Cabos has to offer. We thought it would be a once in a lifetime visit but after the experience we just enjoyed we have decided we will definitely return- sooner rather than later. To find a resort that absolutely has it all is very rare. We have great resorts to compare it to-Montage, Greenbriar,Four Seasons to name but a few. And although each of these properties was outstanding, none quite measure up to Las Ventanas.
To begin at the beginning, our Las Ventanas arranged transportation was just spot on. They were there waiting for us, quickly whisking us off to the resort in a spotless new BMW. Upon arrival we were greeted by management and introduced to our butler-Ana- who gave us a quick tour of the amazing property before showing us to our room and the most hassle free check- in in history. Within an hour or leaving the airport we were walking on the beach. This was just the beginning of a memorable week.
We stayed in room 508 ( suite with roof top terrace) and an oceanview to die for. The room was impeccably decorated and arranged with every imaginable amenity from Bvalgari soaps to large TV and DVD to comfy sofas on the patio and had carved chaises on our private rooftop terrace. The terrace was wonderful but regrettably uncomfortable during most of the day as there was no provision for shade.
If we needed anything at all during our stay help was just a quick call away to our butler- Ana. She immediately took care of restaurant recommendations and reservations, ice for our bar or more towels. We've been home two days and I'm still waiting for my morning tea! I fear it will be a long wait.!
The pools and beach are magnificent. Yes, the water is a bit tricky, with a sharp drop off so only go in if you are a good swimmer. If not, the pools are kept a refreshing 82 degrees. The pool butlers won't allow you to lift a hand to arrange an umbrella or move a chaise and the bar and grill service is amazing. They even wander around handing out surprise treats throughout the day-frozen grapes on a stick, fresh sorbets and special lemonades. There are two pools- one adult pool and one for families or those wanting a bit more action.
As for the food-all I can say is AMAZING. We have never, and I do mean never, experienced such consistently outstanding meals. The Restaurant is their fine dining venue and the menu is a mix of local and european choices. They also have a monthly special entree that is not only delicious but very economical. We were actually surprised with the reasonable prices- not cheap but on a par with what you would pay at a fine restaurant in the States. The Grill overlooks the beach and specializes in Mexican dishes but does have wonderful grilled meats and fish. The best thing with both restaurants is that if you wish something special or just want a different preparation they are more than happy to accommodate.There are special event nights at the grill and wonderful guitar music every evening at The Restaurant
The only down side to the dining experience was the scarcity of reasonable bottles of wine. Now, we love a good bottle of wine and have no problem with spending $ 100.00 for a good Cabernet but do cringe when the only wines in this price range are Argentinian Malbecs or Local wines! The wine list is extensive with many wines in the hundreds and even thousands of dollars. A bit of an off put for us.The sommeliers were very knowledgeable and helpful but we would have preferred a few more under $75.00 quality wines. This was admittedly the only discordant note on an otherwise perfect vacation.
Of course, I must mention the beach. It was so very beautiful, miles of white sand and blue seas. Hours of watching the mommy whales and their babies play in the surf just yards from the beach and rays frolic in the sea-almost surfing over the waves. By the way, do bring some binoculars along, its captivating to watch all this sealife right in you own back yard.
As far as cost goes, I know many have remarked that this is a pricey place. yes, it is. BUT-it is not overpriced for the service, quality and extras that are an integral part of a Las Ventanas al Pariaiso experience. From Mario, the guest experience manager, to our butlerAna, to our pool butlers and waiters-we received nothing but tender loving care. In less than 24 hours we felt a part of this magical family-We were pampered with a very special private dinner on our Anniversary, a day with a private Beach Cabana with it's own spa and delicious meals by the pool or in the restaurants. I had a Rain Drop Massage at the Spa and it was heaven. Bianca gave me just the type of treatment I wanted and the ambiance and service us impeccable.
I'm sorry this is so long but it was such a remarkable experience I just had to share with those of you considering a visit to Las Ventanas al Paraiso. You won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the 600 and 700 series for a good beach view. The 500 building has good views but...
TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

I had first wanted to visit Las Ventanas when we were planning our honeymoon, many years ago. I knew then that it was spectacular, but since we were moving to Hawaii right after our wedding, it made more sense to honeymoon on other islands there and have more time to settle in. (Don’t worry, we stayed at the Princeville, the Four Seasons in Maui and the Hotel Hana Maui, so I didn’t suffer. However, Las Ventanas was always in my head as the epitome of luxury.

Two years ago, when I had an injury, we had to cancel our ski trip and finally went to Las Ventanas. It was a dream come true and even better than my 10 years of dreaming of it. Everything was so delightful, and heavenly. We told ourselves that we would go every year, but last year we skipped and finally returned this year. Let me tell you, I won’t skip another year, and I see no point in going to other luxury resorts or destinations, as this place keeps getting better and as repeat guests, they know your preferences and it is even more refined!

So the details: It is an easy flight from Houston, just about 2 hours and the resort is an easy 20 minutes from the airport. The first time we went, we had them pick us up in their totally luxurious G Wagon, where they gave us treats and cold towels, and an iPod to select music in the car and whisked us right to paradise. I highly recommend that, but it is nice to have a car and cheaper to do that from the airport than at the resort. IT is easy and safe to rent the car and an easy and safe drive to the resort.

When you arrive, they greet you and your butler meets you and gives you a little margarita foam and a tour of the resort. Both times we use Amex Platinum and were able to get an upgrade to an oceanfront junior suite. These suites are huge, well appointed, gorgeously decorated and have private patios with lights and fans for relaxing and hanging at night. (Or for doing yoga in the morning, which I did this time). We did check out one of the rooftop junior suites to see if we want to get that next time. We decided that it is not really worth it, but if you book the oceanfront junior suite and get upgraded using Amex, you won’t be disappointed. They have a little veranda with a tiny private spa tub and then stairs to a rooftop deck that is lovely and secluded. The rooms are otherwise the same.

We don’t care that much about the extra privacy and the private spa tub because part of the joy of being there is being around the pool with everyone, enjoying the scene, the views, and the service. The service everywhere at the resort is phenomenal, but by the pool, it is above and beyond. (regarding the private cabanas: Here is my 2 cents: They are not really private in that they are open to the beach but have a little wall between them and the cabanas next door. There is a private pool and a little plunge pool, totally cool and I am sure that the extra service is out of this world, but I would miss being around the pool because the camaraderie of sharing it with the other guests is really a great part of the experience.) In addition to getting the royal treatment by the pool, there are also chairs on the beach and fantastic hammocks and in both of these locations they cater to your every whim, desire, even thought as well. They bring you treats every hour, like frozen grapes, slulshies, cones of sorbet, and tiny popsicles. They come around and bring you bolsters for your legs if you are sitting up reading and they adjust the umbrellas as the sun moves throughout the sky. There is someone stationed to look out for the whales (this is only in the winter when they are having their babies, I think) who blows a conch to alert the guests to a whale swimming by. They bring you whatever you want to eat or drink from any restaurant or bar on the property at any time. They even have little trays that attach to the pool so that you can drink your champagne or margarita in the pool. Speaking of margaritas, they are all fantastic, but my favorite is the jalepeno margarita. I have at least 2 a day of these!

Okay, drinking, onto eating. First of all, I would venture to say that the best food in the area is at Las Ventanas, but there are a few places off the property worth going to. I will put them below. However, breakfast is fantastic. We always go to the restaurant because they remember your preferences, the mornings are delightful and peaceful, and it is relaxing to have them bring you so many delicious things. When you sit down they bring you perfect toast accompanied by a plate with 4 kinds of butter, peanut butter, and a pot of goat milk dulce de leche. There are also two little pots of the most heavenly jam! From there, we work our way through the breakfast menu and I have yet to be disappointed.

The Sea Grill, right by the pool, is delicious and casual. perfect for lunch or dinner. We loved their taco night and were able to taste one of everything. Their grilled caesar salad is to die for, but one of the best things I had was the tomato tartine. It might be off the menu, ask and you will GEt it! (I ate mine at a table in the pool.) AMAZING! The main restaurant is terrific and more formal. This time we didn’t have a dinner there, but elected to do a special dinner at La Cave, the wine vault just off the restaurant. It was us and one other couple with our own waiter and the chef and sommelier came out between each course to talk about the dish and the pairing. It was a night that I will never forget! You have to make reservations for this, but for the other restaurants at the hotel, you can just show up. People dress in their resort wear for dinner at The Restaurant but the SEa Grill is more casual.

I ADORE the Sushi and Ceviche bar and everything they make there is super fresh and delicious. Also perfect for lunch or a late dinner. It is right near the spa so one day we had a late lunch there and then went to the spa where we each had the Masaje de la Casa, a 90 minute “best of” massage. This spa has recently been redone and is truly a delight for the senses. The design, the flow, the ambiance and the treatments are second to none!

The gym is well equipped, but doesn’t have windows, and why work out inside on vacation anyways. Though I must say, running in the deep deep sand in front of the hotel was KILLER! You can also go horseback riding right in front of the hotel.

ONe of the coolest experiences I have ever had in my life was one night when they did a screening of a documentary about an art installation on the bottom of the sea up near Ensenada. The resort set up the movie screen on the beach with two rows of beach chairs in front of it. Behind it were cocktail tables and then a tent for a bar. As you came down to the beach, they gave us drinks and we watched the most glorious sunset you can imagine. The drinks were bottomless, the set up was lovely, and the atmosphere was charged with excitement about the film. When the sun went down, we snuggled under blankets in front of the screen and watched while they brought us fresh popped popcorn and refilled our champagne glasses! Perfection!

We did leave the hotel a few times, but only for meals, not for excursions. I have heard great things about a whale watching excursion, but only in the winter, I think. I have never been into Cabo, but maybe if I had a week I would. We went as far as to the Esperenza resort, a few miles closer to Cabo. I am so glad we did not stay there. It is gorgeous, and well designed, and has a dramatic placement over the rocks and down to the beach, but it is big and impersonal and a little bit cheesy. We had a good dinner there, a great value actually at their main restaurant, but would skip it next time. Last time we went to the One and Only Palmilla and felt similarly. It has a really amazing location on the rocks and the way they light it is terrific, but it is also large and more “city” like in feel.

When we first got there, it was kind of chilly and the first day we had to sit under towels, and at night it got quite cool. That was okay because at night the butlers came and built perfect fires in the fireplace in our room!The butlers are something special. They really look out to making sure that you don’t’ have to lift a finger and are completely happy. Both times I cried when I was leaving. It is that good!

Room Tip: beachside rooms are worth it!
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

Once again a slice of heavenly bliss as we returned to LVP to regenerate our spirit and soul! From the truly exceptional staff to the natural splendor and beauty of the LVP grounds and the Sea of Cortez to the spectacular evening ambience of the restaurants and delectable delicious food there are no words to describe this one of a kind experience! LVP as the touchstone of incredible resorts worldwide remains in a class of its own. The Four Seasons, Ritz, Peninsula, Aman etc. should try to emulate LVP's model of service. It towers above all others! We look forward to our next stay at LVP and reconnecting with the staff and of course have already reserved for next year! Thank You LVP!!

Room Tip: GO!! Any room!!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Las Ventanas al Paraiso, A Rosewood Resort? Share your experiences!