“perfection!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Las Ventanas al Paraiso, A Rosewood Resort

Save Saved
You added Las Ventanas al Paraiso, A Rosewood Resort to your Saves list
Las Ventanas al Paraiso, A Rosewood Resort
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   Ctra Transpeninsular Km.19.5, San Jose del Cabo 23400, Mexico   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Book Now
Ranked #1 of 39 Hotels in San Jose del Cabo
“perfection!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

My husband and two of our friends just returned from a joint honeymoon. This was our second time staying here and we will for sure be back. We are foodies and have eaten at some of the best restaurants in the world and I would rate all three restaurants in the top ones I've eaten in. The sushi at the sushi bar is the best I've ever had. The service is so personalized in every area - restaurants, butler, spa. Just know before you go, that all of that comes at a serious price and NOTHING is cheap. But I still think totally worth every penny!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
MDLasVentanas, General Manager at Las Ventanas al Paraiso, A Rosewood Resort, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
Dear Erica M,
Thank you for your comments on your eating experiences at Las Ventanas Al Paraiso! We do our best to give each guest a top notch experience and our best service. Comments such as yours really make it all worth it. We look forward to welcoming you back in Paradise soon!
Managing Director

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (141)
Dallas, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

We just got back from the most romantic, amazing wedding at Las Ventanas. We got married on the beach at sunset with just the two of us, a minister, guitar player (arturo satamyor) photographer (josafat delatoba) at the most incredible hotel we have ever experienced with a staff that makes you feel like you are part of their family.
Romantic, no stress and we would not have changed one thing. Ocean view, hot tub on the terrace, upstairs patio, rose petals on our bed, dinner with candles on the upstairs patio after the wedding. All we can say is "oh my god fabulous"

Room Tip: Ocean view two stories worth every romantic minute
Dear Cheryl K,
Congratulations again on your wedding! We were all honored to be part of such an important event in your life and are glad to have gotten the opportunity to make it a romantic and stress free trip. Hopefully we will see you again soon in our little Paradise!
Rio Rancho
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

We spent 5 days there. A romantic agenda. Did the full day cabana on one of the days. This place is absolutely amazing and you must go if you are looking to be taken care of in a way that makes you feel like a king and/or queen. I don't really expect to ever have a better time anywhere in the future and certainly have never had such a nice time anywhere in the past. This place is, to me, the gold standard for what to expect from a resort. If you are worried about penny pinching this isn't the place for you, HOWEVER, you get more than what you pay for! The resort beach was too steep this time of year for safe swimming as the undercurrent was way too strong but we did get in the surf and splash around. Saw some whales, took a morning side trip down to Cabo San Lucas and boated to lands end. I'm nothing but a working stiff who needed to celebrate like I was a star with my love and this place definitely did the trick. Over all - Wow! What a treat!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
MDLasVentanas, General Manager at Las Ventanas al Paraiso, A Rosewood Resort, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Dear Sceek,
Thank you for your lovely feedback! I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time at Las Ventanas Al Paraiso. It is an honor for us to be called someone´s gold standard for what to expect from a resort´. We all look forward to the next opportunity when we can make you and your significant other feel like stars again.
Hasta pronto!
Greenwood, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

Unbelievable! from the staff to the food! This was an amazing experience for us. The Hotel staff go out of thier way to accomodate guests, Terrace breakfast to poolside service, dinner on the beach, horseback rides alog the beach, private butler, I can not say enough, we will be back!!

Room Tip: No bad choice!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
MDLasVentanas, General Manager at Las Ventanas al Paraiso, A Rosewood Resort, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
Dear ddimino,

Thank you for having taken the time to write such a wonderful review. We are truly delighted that we fulfilled your expectations at the Resort and that you were able to relax and enjoy in "Paraíso".
Looking forward to welcoming you back soon!

Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

Ok so this is my first ever taking the time to write a review online period!!! But this by far is well deserved, this place is the #1 resort by far!!! We have stayed at many exclusive resorts including amanyara properties and this is by far the best!!!Not only that it is never really possible to find a amazing resort and find amazing food!!! but they have done it!!! I really cannot say amazing food enough!!! All three restaurants all amazing!! The service, the ambiance, the food, the rooms, the everything is 100%!!!! Lets just start off with our room being nothing short of spectacular!!! I was expecting a nice suite but this was like a condo!! it had two bathroom sinks and separate counters (his & hers) beautiful place and extremely clean!! Everytime i stepped away from my room i came back and it was perfect and cleaned what a nice change to experience!! Also they unpacked and organized all my stuff like it was myself doing so but sooo much better!! brenda was our butler and she is amazing!!! Also packed my stuff before departure so much better than i would have!! the packed plane lunch a must and delicious.. Ok soo here goes...

It was my boyfriends bday so upon arriving and being pleasantly greeted they had a birthday cupcake with a candle and of course welcome beverages for us!! What a great idea to go the extra mile!! then as requested had a balloon setup in room to welcome us!! The first night we ate at the tequila sushi bar!! we love sushi and this is the best sushi we have ever had!!! FRESh FRESH FRESH!!! HANDS DOWN!! You would never get this kind of freshness in america even as we eat at the top restaurants! they also will make you whatever you would like, which is great!!! The sea grill also delicious such fresh fresh food and simply grilled here!! Even on his birthday a monday the sushi was closed and we had been so bummed they found out we would like it and said no problem and went over and beyond what any place would do and had a person capable of doing so make us sushi at the time we requested!!! No place would ever do this!! Not only that the whold day of his bday they not only came up and was aware (every staff member) but they also put a birthday greeting in the daily newspaper and brought us happy bday chocolate strawberries by the pool! (which reminds me) also every day at pool they bring refreshments juice,popsicles,sorbet :), frozen fruits and water to you all day with evian face spritzer (amaze) then we went to the restaurant on his bday where there was a amazing ambiance and people playing music!! We enjoyed a amazing dinner .. I had the special "escolar" it was the most delicious piece of fish... did i say FRESH yet lol!!! and the waiter recommended risotto and veggies with it! it was the perfect combination!!! After our dinner they played happy birthday and brought out the most delicious chocolate cake!!!!! OOOh i almost forgot there is so much to write!!! But i cannot forget this :

THE BEACH CINEMA!!! A MUST DO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You will never experience anything like this in your life i guarantee!! I dunno how they thought of this but you are on the beach in this amazing bed with a smart tv and a bonfire and a candle pathway to your movie !!! They serve you appetizers and champagne and you can order food!! this by far is a must!! I cant even explain how great it was and our waiter "aldo"!! he was great we loved home!!!

Also the spa was amazing (eucalyptus steam room) and etc... was a++++
I could go on forever and never in my life thought i would be online writing a book of a review but this deserves it!!

A special thanks to all the staff!!! and to Brenda,Aldo, and many others also the great staff before i even arrived carlos and paulina which were so helpful in planning the bday for me and communication!!!! YOU WERE ALL AMAZING!!

Cant wait to come back and we will be back regularly!! already sad to be home we just got back late last night!!! :((((

service, staff, cleanliness, food a+++++++++++++++++

See you soon!!!
Nicole Barron & Conor

Room Tip: ALL SUITES ARE BEAUTIFUL we stayed over near the spa side it was private and very quiet!! Our suite...
Dear Nicole B,
Thank you so much for your lovely comments! I am delighted to hear that you had a good time and that you and your boyfriend got to celebrate his birthday the way you had hoped too. You are our guests in this Paradise and it is our pleasure to assist you whichever way we can to make your loved one's day special. Appreciate the special thanks to all the staff!!! We can only make this happen if we work as a team.
We look forward to having you with us again soon!
The Woodlands, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

This has always been a great property, returned for Thanksgiving week, and no doubt it is better than ever. The pool / beach service, room service, and spa make Las Ventanas the most exclusive property in Cabo. Will be back very soon.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear BobG87,
It makes us very happy that you chose to stay with us once more and that you, once again, enjoyed your time at Las Ventanas! Look forward to having you back soon!
Los Angeles, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

Spectacular. Gorgeous. Great service. Amazing food. Yeah yeah, all that. I won't repeat what countless others have said on this website, so instead I'll try to give some info that I did not see in others' reviews.

Sea Grill: You could seriously eat every meal of a weeklong trip (aside from breakfast) at this one restaurant, and have something new and spectacular every single time. They have a raw bar featuring all sorts of fresh seafood and there's always a special ceviche of the day. Delish. Burgers, pizzas, flatbreads, salads. And the tacos. Oh the tacos. Steak. Shrimp. Fish. Chicken. Whatever you want, seriously, it's all awesome. Monday night was molcajete night. Absolutely amazing stuff, if you only eat there one night it's gotta be Monday night. The wine list is enormous. Finding a bottle of red under $60 was quite the task, but we managed to find a few. They serve the wine at the perfect temperature. It's just such a top notch dining experience all the way around, and again I can't stress this enough, you cannot get bored of the food at this restaurant because the menu is enormous and constantly changing. We ate there every single day for lunch (mostly at our pool chairs) and for 3 out of 5 dinners. It's just not worth the trek in to town when you factor in the $60 of roundtrip cabs (although we did go to La Golondrina one night and did not regret that).

We ate at The Restaurant and the sushi/ceviche bar as well, both were also excellent. I personally am not a fan of being made to wear pants of any sort when I am on vacation like this (The Restaurant requires slacks for gentlemen), but that's just me. We ordered a few continental breakfasts to the room, the pastries were out of control good, fresh juice, seriously I'm getting depressed thinking about going home to my egg whites and water regimen. I cannot fathom how much weight I gained this week.

Rooms: We got upgraded to the Oceanview king with the jacuzzi on the balcony and rooftop deck. Unreal, seriously the greatest room I've ever stayed in. You will be tempted to keep your terrace doors open for that indoor/outdoor vibe, but I think you shouldn't do that really. There are all sorts of flying insects, some as big as birds, and they have no fear about flying right in to your room. Our room had an amazing amount of privacy, but be warned, there are several rooms we saw that were not private at all. The ones that were near the pool (my guess is that these are considered the ocean front category?), on the ground level, you could literally see right in to the rooms if the curtains were open and I could have a conversation in hushed tones with the people who were eating outside on their terrace while I lounged in my pool chair. What's the point of having an ocean view if you have to keep your curtains closed all day? The nice thing about those rooms is they are right near the pool, but the 3 minute hike to my private palace was well worth it. I would request to be in buildings away from the pool if you are on the ground floor. If you are shown to a room like this, ask if they have other options. There's no harm in asking. Also, be advised that many of these suites have 2 Queens rather than a King. We thought we were confirmed for a king, but it only said "requested" on our reservation. Luckily we got the upgrade, just keep it in mind (if you like sleeping in the same bed as your spouse, that is, but your sleeping arrangements are really none of my business).

Wifi: Easily accessible from anywhere in the resort, including the pool. Blessing and a curse.

Gym: Very well appointed, a little weight area, tons of cardio equipment. Would be better if it had a little nicer view, but hotels rarely dedicate crucial view space to the gym. As for long walks, we did ours out on the beach. It's some tough walking. The packed sand is on a very steep incline and the flat area is soft sand with a lot of broken sea shells. Didn't really see any other walking paths.

Activities: I'm not giving you this info from experience, because we did not leave the pool for 5 straight days. But here's what we heard about that sounded fun. The hotel will arrange a fishing trip for you. Whatever you catch, you can bring back to the resort and they'll grill it up for you to eat for lunch. Horseback riding on the beach looked easily accessible, just roll out there and I'm sure you can give it a whirl. We heard the ATV tour was a lot of fun as well.

Souvenirs: You do not need to go in to town to purchase some garbage for your kids. There are vendors out on the beach constantly (easy to waive off though). The airport also has loads of stuff.

We've stayed at Four Seasons Maui, Four Seasons Big Island, La Samanna (St Maarten) and many other 5 star resorts. This tops them all. I wish Trip Advisor would let me give LVP 6 stars. Coming from LA, the choice between Cabo and anywhere in Hawaii is basically a no brainer for me at this point. Not to say I'll never go back to Hawaii, but Cabo is way closer in terms of air travel (2 hour flight vs 5-6!), the food is more unique and memorable, the people are charming and friendly. We will be back. Oh yes, we will be back.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that's not near the pool, there is no privacy in the rooms near the pool
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear trailerguy,
Thank you for sharing your experiences and comments! We appreciate you taking the time to tell others about your stay with us and how you experienced the different aspects of Las Ventanas Al Paraiso. We look forward to welcoming you back to our little Paradise!
Managing Director

Been to Las Ventanas al Paraiso, A Rosewood Resort? Share your experiences!