“There is no place in Cabo with this quality of service” 5 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Las Ventanas al Paraiso, A Rosewood Resort to your Saves list
Expedia.com Orbitz.com
Las Ventanas al Paraiso, A Rosewood Resort
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   Ctra Transpeninsular Km.19.5, San Jose del Cabo 23400, Mexico   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Book Now & Save
Los Angeles, California
“There is no place in Cabo with this quality of service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

My family and I just spent Thanksgiving week at Las Ventanas. The beauty, the service, the friendliness of the staff is second to none. Whether it's dining, the spa, lying by the pool or securing an activity outside the grounds, Las Ventanas does its best to make your experience 5 stars.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
MDLasVentanas, General Manager at Las Ventanas al Paraiso, A Rosewood Resort, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Dear Robert M,
We really appreciate your comments regarding Las Ventanas and will keep working on making your experiences at this hotel unforgettable.
Hasta pronto!

583 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

My husband actually just posted a review the other day which I completely did not know about until I just logged in to rate our stays at both Las Ventanas and the One & Only. Regardless, I still would like to write my own review and thoughts on our stay!

Let me start by saying this - Las Ventanas is not for the traveler looking for a inexpensive or budget vacation; it will definitely will cost you a pretty penny however, in my opinion our five days there was worth every penny!

I apologize in advance for the length of my review; but I really hope it is helpful to some of you trying to decide if you should go or not. I spent months planning my now husband and I's honeymoon. I researched high and low for the best place for us to go. I knew we wanted something easy to get to. After many recommendations from friends we settled on Cabo...and then began the task of figuring out which resort. Cabo definitely has its finer resorts...Esperanza, Capella, One & Only, Las Ventanas....where to stay where to stay...we settled on 5 days at Las Ventanas followed by 5 days at the One & Only. I can't speak for the other resorts but I can for these two.

First of all...there really is NO comparison here. The only three things that the One & Only has which Las Ventanas does not is a more tropical lush landscaping, fitness classes, and a beach that you can swim in. If you want a family vacation (i.e.- kids) go to the One & Only - if you want a romantic getaway go to Las Ventanas.

I don't want to spoil your trip by telling you all of their secrets but the quality and level of service is beyond comprehension...every little detail has been given much thought and an even more perfect execution. Our butlers Anna and Milagros were phenomenal and took care of our every need. I forgot my camera at home and they printed out a list of available camera's at the local costco and then sent someone to pick it up for us! Every time we turned around we were being pampered!

Furthermore by the time we left I felt like every staff member knew our names and greeted us as if they had known us for a very long time - so kind and such big hearts!

A couple of recommendations for those of you going -

1) definitely reserve a full day cabana (I think it was $300/day) they are so totally worth it...you have your own private plunge pool and lounge chairs on the beach. We would get to ours around 8am and not leave until 5ish...they were a BIG highlight of our trip. There are only 3 of them though...so reserve it in advance!

2) You really never need to leave the resort for dinners. Every night they have different "themes" - i.e. - Taco night, Prime Rib night, BBQ show (which is another rec below!). The food is AMAZING! I am so craving the yogurt with agave and pumpkin seeds every morning right now - and then there is this salad they make with pumpkin seeds and this chile dressing....I am trying to get the recipe....ate it every day for lunch! We left the resort one night and regretted it!

3) The BBQ show & dinner on Thursday - if you haven't been you must go....food and entertainment is fabulous!

4) Private dinner on the beach - if you are going for a special occasion...we definitely loved this treat!

I honestly could go on and on....this far exceeded our expectations and we are already trying to figure out when we can go back and bring family or friends with us!

One minor recommendation for management - there weren't many children, just a handful...but I highly recommend not allowing them near the cabana's. We had one day where there were two small children playing truck - screaming and yelling right in front of us. My husband mentioned something to our cabana butler who was extremely professional and courteous. He spoke to the nanny and relocated the children further down the beach while also discounting our cabana for the day - which was totally unnecessary but another example of the level of customer service/satisfaction here.

Bottom line - if you are trying to decide where to go for a little romantic getaway...honestly...you won't regret Las Ventanas!! I will never understand how they are not ranked above One & Only! I think everywhere we go know we will be comparing it to this place....can't wait to return!

Room Tip: beach view is spectacular!
Dear Ona P,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and will take your recommendation into account.
Hope to welcome you to this lovely Paradise again soon and to have the opportunity to pamper your family and friends as well.
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

I recently returned from 10 days in Cabo for my Honeymoon. We spent the first 5 nights at Las Ventanas then the remainder of the trip at the One and Only. I wish we had never left Las Ventanas. The personalized service and attention to detail was something we will always remember. Las Ventanas made our Honeymoon especially memorable by spoiling us with gifts throughout our stay (Champagne, eclairs, an amazing rose pedal turndown, and a heart ornament upon leaving to name a few). The food was wonderful everywhere we ate on the property (from in room dining to “the restaurant”). The fruits and vegetables were as fresh as I have ever had. It is hard to give the property the credit they deserve. All I can say is I can’t wait to go back and celebrate an anniversary birthday or holiday soon!

Dear Aris P,
We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your honeymoon at Las Ventanas and want to thank you for choosing this hotel to celebrate your honeymoon. It is our pleasure and joy to pamper you on such a special occasion and we look forward to welcoming you back for your next celebration!
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

Prior to our 5 days at LVP, I would visit this website regularly out of sheer excitement for the opportunity to spend our 10 year wedding anniversary at one of the best hotels in the world. It was evident in reading the reviews of guests that this would be a special place.

Now that we are back, I humbly submit that LVP has set an impossible standard for service, and that this standard is clearly the result of a unique pride that the staff feel about the place they describe as "su casa" ("your home"). Somehow, someway, even though everything you know about this business tells you that everything LVP does is the result of an overwhelming amount of effort - it felt...well...effortless on the part of our butlers Mili and Ana, the pool staff (thanks for the drinks Oliver!), our favorite Sea Grill server Joel, our drivers Ivan and Rolando, and the front desk (Kristell - her smile alone is worth the steep price of admission!).

We dined at Palmilla (Market is a truly amazing experience) and Esperanza (top 5 setting for dinner in the world, imo). I only mention this because the staff at LVP made certain to tell the staff at each of these places that we were there for a special occasion, and we got the royal treatment at both (we had a menu named in our honor... seriously!). Where else would you find folks who were clearly having fun making sure you felt pampered like that?

Martin - I think you are the luckiest man on earth to be surrounded by such joy. Please send my best wishes and many thanks to your staff!

Room Tip: Room 603 (Oceanfront Junior Suite) had easy access to main pool and a solid view.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
MDLasVentanas, General Manager at Las Ventanas al Paraiso, A Rosewood Resort, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Dear Carlos S,
Thank you for your wonderful comments about your stay at Las Ventanas. We are very happy and excited that you enjoyed your time here and got to celebrate your 10 year wedding anniversary with us.
We appreciate your comments and hope to welcome you back soon en “su casa”.
Fort Worth, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

Stayed in the Presidental Villa for 3 nights with my family. The experience was very nice. Armando the butler was attentive. Had dinner in La Cava, the private dining room. The food was on par with Ramsey, Puck,, Pyles, or any of the worlds' best chefs. The courses were paired with wines and the dining experince is a must for Cabo. All the meals at Las Ventanas were top notch. Have stayed at the Villa Cortez at Pamilla and the Presidental Villa does not match up in size, luxury, or attentive staff but is still a wonderful experience if you have 6-7 guests. Las Ventanas is building a villa on the beach which will be the Villa Cortez.2.0. It will be bigger. All that will be needed is the expanded staff with mature service skills that are needed for a Villa of that size and expense. I look forward to a return visit when the new Villa is open next year. The staff for such a Villa is developed over time. Ernesto who is the main butler at the Villa Cortez is the essence of perfection to operate a 7 star villa.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear Grambo52,
Thank you for your review and wonderful comments regarding our food and service! We are looking forward to welcoming you back to Paradise!
Hasta pronto!

Boston, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

We returned for an 8-day stay after a few years and the resort actually improved over what was already an exceptional property. Other than confirming each of the other outstanding reviews, the one thing to add about this property is its authenticity. The architecture, landscaping, professionalism of the staff, etc. are genuine and authentic. If dining is important to you (it is to us) they offer a wonderful mix of local Mexican dishes, American style cuisine (most guests are from the States) and classic European cuisine, each done superbly and yes, authentically.

Dear Vamvakeros,
Thank you for the wonderful review of your stay at Las Ventanas. We really appreciate your thoughtful comments and kind words particularly regarding the food and Service you received from our team members.
Hopefully, we’ll see you at Las Ventanas again very soon.
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Between the warm welcome at the airport and the very personal send-off when you leave is sheer bliss. We travel quite a lot and have experienced some of finest hotels, but nothing beats the incredibly personal, truly caring, humble, enthusiastic and friendly service at Las Ventanas. The setting itself is truly spectacular but the sparkle is the smile of the people that care for you.

Food is outstanding, suite service a treat, a private dinner - either on the beach or at The Plaza - enough romance to last for a month and the spa is bliss. Top management manages to find the time for a daily casual chat, just to assure that all is in perfect order.

Small example to what extend Las Ventanas makes you feel welcome and special: We got here for our honeymoon after our wedding at The Carlyle in New York. Somehow Las Ventanas managed to have a framed picture of us at the suite - even though WE did not manage to get one as yet from our photographer...

Las Ventanas is truly a window to paradise...

Room Tip: Top floor corner suite (2502) has breathtaking all round views.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
MDLasVentanas, General Manager at Las Ventanas al Paraiso, A Rosewood Resort, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
Dear GFK88,
Thank you very much for your kind comments, it is such a pleasure to learn from guests about their experiences with us and I always make certain that these reviews are shared with our team members.
Looking forward to welcoming you back very soon to your home in Paradise!
Hasta Pronto!
Managing Director

Been to Las Ventanas al Paraiso, A Rosewood Resort? Share your experiences!