“Honeymoon Paradise” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Secrets Marquis Los Cabos

You added Secrets Marquis Los Cabos to your Saves list
Secrets Marquis Los Cabos
4.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Carretera Transpeninsular Km 21.5 | Fraccionamiento Cabo Real, San Jose del Cabo 23400, Mexico (Formerly Marquis Los Cabos)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #10 of 37 Hotels in San Jose del Cabo
California
“Honeymoon Paradise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Everything, I mean everything was too good to be true!!!! I highly recommend this hotel and its amazing, attentive, most hospitable staff!!!!! The food was so delicious that I only wish my stomach could digest it faster so that I could eat again. Perfect spot to spend your honeymoon!

Room Tip: We stayed in the honeymoon suite which was perfect! Ample room, all the amenities you need and the p...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (345)
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We travelled as a couple and we loved every minute we spent at this resort! Perfect size of a hotel, not too busy and just big enough not to see the same people every day at the pool. All rooms face the ocean, and it's just breathtaking to enter the room and see the ocean just in front of you. We watched perfect sunrises from our balcony, and great sunsets as well. It's such a romantic place, and even though you can't swim in the ocean, the beach stretches for hours. Loved the room, the restaurants, the pool area. If you are looking for an adult only hotel where you can relax and do nothing- this is it. We were pleasantly surprised about this hotel, and would love to go back to Cabo!

Room Tip: Any room in the main building. Or if you can afford, go for the casitas, they have their own pools o...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Top floor room with an outstanding view. Great service and friendly staff. Food was great. Running on the beach was nice each morning and the spa is fabulous. However, do not be tempted by the sales pitch for ownership in all inclusive…it was bad, but received a free massage for the 4 hour time at Beaches.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Manhattan Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2014

My boyfriend and I spent 6 days 5 nights here in mid-late June 2014. We would go back in a second! The weather at that time of year was very warm (upper 80's-low 90's) and HUMID. On one afternoon, there was a quick rainstorm.

As for the resort, I can't say enough great things about it. I researched the resort extensively before our trip. I'll try not to repeat the commonly held reviews of the room.

My biggest concern was the bathroom situation as there is a large open wall into the bathroom, and although the toilet is in a separate room in the bathroom, the door is glass and soundproof. I learned quickly that I had nothing to worry about. First of all, the toilet is on the opposite end of the room from the bedroom area. Second, with the balcony doors open, all you can hear is waves:)

The room itself was lovely. I did feel the balcony railing was a little low and it gave me the creeps.

The toiletries were abundant and fragrant. All of the liquids are in plentiful, 4 oz. bottles. The provided sunscreen is only SPF8. The sunscreen for sale in the shop is EXPENSIVE. Thus, it is more economical to bring your own. However, if you only bring a carry on (very common from LA), you should bring several 3 oz. containers of sunscreen because sunscreen is MANDATORY. I fried despite my efforts to protect myself.

The swimming pool is lovely. My boyfriend and I were concerned that it would be boring. It turned out to be the perfect place if you wanted to lounge on a chair and read a book in peace, or drink cocktails and have a little pool party with newly found friends. The two can co-exist!

There is not a liquor store on site. The only way to purchase a drink is from a bar. If you are hoping to get a bottle of wine to bring up to the room, you can't. However, you can order 4 glasses of wine from room service. Sometimes, they'll bring you a bottle. Othertimes, they'll bring you 4 glasses.

Almost everyone we met at the resort was there for a honeymoon, anniversary, or birthday trip. Obviously, it's a very romantic resort. However, it wasn't so romantic that it was overbearing or sappy or just too much.

Our room was on the 5th floor on the end. Higher floors are best for a full ocean view. You also get a full view of the top of the casitas. Which led me to realize that if you sit at the pool, poolside service is frequent and close by. If you lounge in the dipping pool on top of a casita, you either have to call or yell for service.

The food was very good. It helps to let go of expectations - both about ingredients/recipes and portion sizes. I did not find the food to be too salty as some of the reviews state, but I do tend to like saltier tasting food. The portions might seem "small" but I think they are the size humans are probably supposed to eat.

There appeared to be some sort of WiFi network available but I could not get connected despite my weak attempts to do so.

We purchased the trip on Costco travel website. EXCELLENT deal.

Room Tip: Higher floors are best. We stayed on the very end. Despite being on the far end, it was not far at...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Minneapolis, MN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2014

Even though I have been home for almost two months, I am finding it quite necessary to write a review about my 3rd time at Secrets Marquis. I have had three wonderful stays at this resort, including my last one - which basically consisted of sleeping in the ballroom.

Unfortunately, my second night at this resort, Hurricane Odile decided to SLAM into Cabo. From that point on, we were summoned to the Ballroom and a few areas besides.

I CANNOT say enough positive things about the staff at this resort. From Sunday night until Thursday morning when the last 20 of us were evacuated, the staff did their best to make sure we were FED, the bathrooms were cleaned, and they even had the entertainment staff there help with games, movies and more. I saw that so many other resorts were living in filth, had minimal cold food and clearly no entertainment.

I felt safe and secure the entire time. The staff kept us informed as to what was going on at the airport and what we needed to do to prepare for our flights out of the country.

The situation was less than perfect, but having a calm staff and awesome guests to bond with, made the experience as good as it could be.

I must give a HUGE shout out to Ms. Iris De Leon - Our bags were left in our suite (per the recommendation of the staff). I just got my luggage back on Saturday night. Ms. Iris PERSONALLY drove our luggage to another resort in Cabo where my friend happened to be staying last week. She was able to bring them home for me. :) During all of the rebuilding, Iris and the team ARE still taking care of the guests. Totally unexpected and 110% appreciated.

Overall, I know that so many people want a solid customer service experience when they travel. Not only will future guests have an amazing stay at Secrets Marquis, there is NOT a single doubt in my mind that they will have an amazing experience with the staff.

Another HUGE thank you to everyone at Secrets Marquis for making our stay the best possible during the hurricane! I cannot wait to come back and see all of you! THANK YOU!

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2014

My wife and I went to Secrets as our yearly escape for the two of us. Had an excellent time. The staff was great and the food wasn't bad either. We had a great room on the upper floor right with a great view of the ocean from our balcony. Overall this place was excellent. This is a great place if all you want to do is lounge around, enjoy great food and drinks.

Room Tip: Make sure you get a higher floor and as close to over the lobby as possible so you get a full ocean...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2014

Arrived at Secrets Marquis on September 11, 2014 to a very friendly welcome! Little did we know that we were in for a "great adventure"!

My beautiful niece was getting married on Saturday, Sept 14th so we were a large group of friends and family there to attend the wedding. We were all ready to celebrate!

The wedding was the best wedding I have ever attended, it was beautiful, lovely and perfect. The hotel wedding coordinator did an excellent job on the entire wedding event.

We had such a great time the days leading up to the wedding with great food, great drinks and the best customer service! The staff were very attentive to all the guest needs.

Then on Sunday, Sept 15th Hurricane Odile arrived with a huge entrance! The hotel staff were so prepared and did an excellent job caring for us by continueing to clean and prepare our meals even when there was a great deal of damage to the resort. The management and staff members were so friendly and just went Above and Beyond through the entire 3 days were were in the refugee shelter.

The Secrets Marquis Resort Los Cabos is the best All Inclusive I have ever been to. Thank you so much for making a rough ride much smoother! We appreciate you all! BIG Texas size Thank You!!

Room Tip: Beach Front the best!
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled with family

Been to Secrets Marquis Los Cabos? Share your experiences!