We have just returned from two weeks at Secrets Los Cabos and were delighted by the trip. I had read some mixed reviews on here before we went and can only really conclude that some people are most happy when they have something to complain about!! Lets start with the limitations - there is no free wi fi though there is a business centre below the hotel (which they don't tell you!) where you can check emails etc for free. The pool isn't (or wasn't when we were there) heated so it can be a little "bracing", however if the infinity is off it heats up pretty well and we also found that the pool on the left (by the Barefoot & Baracuda) was a little warmer. Some of the staff do have limited English and occasionally you may have to ask for something again if it isn't exactly as you wanted it, however to be honest - so what! Its not like asking for an ashtray twice is going to kill you! Also, we found that the staff pretty quickly got to know us (always worth talking to them!) and knew what we liked e.g. an ashtray, boiled eggs, etc. A further tip, if you are having problems getting something understood ask the reception to write it out for you and learn it a little (we did it with ashtray) and the problem will be overcome pretty quickly. Other than that there are no real downsides to this place.
The beach is a lot bigger, wider and better than it appears on photos and it is a nice walk along to the Hilton or the other way past George Clooney and Cindy Crawford's houses. The rooms are good sized and well stocked, the restaurants are all excellent as well and we ate so much I thought I might be going back as excess luggage! Canto del Mar is the French one and is a real treat as is Spice but really all the restaurants are good. THere are lots of extras free such as prize bingo, tequila & wine tastings and we even got to help release baby turtles into the sea. The themed nights and entertainment are pretty good too especially the Mexican night, although don't feel you have to eat the buffet - you can always just watch the show and then have dinner at one of the restaurants.
We also via concierge hired a fishing boat for a morning and even caught a marlin! You can bring the fish back to the hotel and they delight in cooking it various ways for you. You can easily get to both towns by bus (don't bother paying a cab) which stops right outside the hotel, however just be careful when crossing the road! San Jose is very pretty but very touristy whereas San Lucas looked more suitable for restaurants, bars etc. THe fare is about $2 each way and only takes about 20 mins. If you want to go fishing or just out and about around the coast, just go into San Lucas and go around the harbour - there are no shortage of places offering trips and if you are very lucky you will be joined on your boat (yes, on it!) by the local sea lions who tend to hop on to see if there is any live bait left!!
We loved the whole trip and felt we had been there much longer than just two weeks. We would definitely go again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- As of November 1, 2011 Marquis Los Cabos has officially been transitioned into Secrets Marquis Los Cabos offering all of the privileges of adults-only, Unlimited-Luxury® for the first time on the scenic Baja Peninsula. At Secrets Marquis, guests can enjoy handsomely appointed suites with world-class amenities, 24 hour romantic in-suite dining, exciting daytime beach, land and pool activities, nightly entertainment, gourmet a la carte dining without reservations, complimentary international and domestic brand beverages and so much more! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Despegar.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Marquis Los Cabos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Secrets Marquis Los Cabos Hotel San Jose Del Cabo
- Marquis Los Cabos Hotel
- Marquis Los Cabos Resort
- Marquis Los Cabos San Jose Del Cabo