My husband and I visited Secrets Marquis for our vacation and stayed there between 21-28 Sept. We had spend a good few days in San Francisco before arriving so we were in need of relaxation and some chill time. We were not disappointed! As soon as we arrived we were blown away by the beach view (all hotel rooms have them) and the friendliness of the staff. We were the only couple from London so became known by fellow holiday makers as the London couple! It was our first time in Cabo and we were very excited.
Ok so the food - lunch - at the barefoot grill was ok, service was slow at times, better at Don Mares and even better at the international restaurant upstairs. Dinner - best food we ate was at Spice - the manager there is the best in the whole resort. On our last night we wanted to reserve teppanyaki table with other fellow holiday makers we met in the resort and he organised this for us (even though there was a mix up with where we were meant to be sitting, but it all worked out in the end), he was particularly kind to me and my husband in meeting our dietary regs and provided us with food off the menu that was suitable. Also as I do not eat Beef our chef cooked all my food first before the rest of the tables. We didnt think too much of the Canto Del Mar food - given that we are from the UK and eat alot of french food, we were massively disappointed as this was about as far from french food that we have ever eaten! Needless to say the waiter was kind enough to replace things we didnt enjoy. My husband was also made to change his clothes even though he was in a polo top, black chinos and closed shoes! Very over the top for a beach resort! The international restaurant was better at lunch than dinner - we ate there twice for dinner and it was ok the first time but really bad the second time. Finally we did one of the mexican buffet nights and there wasnt much choice for mains for those that didnt eat red meat - a little disappointed to eat only salad that night but we met some lovely people on our table so that more than compensated!
Breakfast was nice too - lots and lots of choice and our waiter Alamo made us feel welcome every single day! He knew our drink orders from memory which was great. I tried the eggs made fresh while you wait a couple of times and was a bit put off by the amount of oil used by chef. There is plenty of choice of fruits, pastries and cereals so you will not go hungry!
Drinks - didnt really enjoy the wines, a limited selection in the all inclusive so I stuck to the cocktails which were really good.
The rooms - nice and spacious, maid service was a little erratic throughout our stay. We loved the secret hatch with coffee and pastries in the morning, a nice touch.
Outside areas - great pools and pool service, Maurico was totally sweet and the most friendliest waiter. Some of the pool areas get flooded with heavy drinkers throughout the day so we tended to avoid those and stayed in the quieter areas. The entertainment team (Ferr, Melissa, Giovanna, and all the others!) were by far the best compared to any resort we have ever stayed in - they made good friends with my husband and got everyone off their pool chairs and playing volleyball, ping pong, tequila classes, cooking classes - you name it and they were there getting us involved! A lovely sociable bunch of guys. We also did the pub crawl with them and that was a blast too.
A great stay, came back feeling relaxed and refreshed!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- As of November 1, 2011 Marquis Los Cabos has officially been transitioned into Secrets Marquis Los Cabos offering all of the privileges of adults-only, Unlimited-Luxury® for the first time on the scenic Baja Peninsula. At Secrets Marquis, guests can enjoy handsomely appointed suites with world-class amenities, 24 hour romantic in-suite dining, exciting daytime beach, land and pool activities, nightly entertainment, gourmet a la carte dining without reservations, complimentary international and domestic brand beverages and so much more! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LHW, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Secrets Marquis Los Cabos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Secrets Marquis Los Cabos Hotel San Jose Del Cabo
- Marquis Los Cabos Hotel
- Marquis Los Cabos Resort
- Secrets Marquis Los Cabos San Jose Del Cabo