“Dream Vacation!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Secrets Marquis Los Cabos

You added Secrets Marquis Los Cabos to your Saves list
Secrets Marquis Los Cabos
4.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Carretera Transpeninsular Km 21.5 | Fraccionamiento Cabo Real, San Jose del Cabo 23400, Mexico (Formerly Marquis Los Cabos)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #10 of 37 Hotels in San Jose del Cabo
Aliso Viejo, California, United States
“Dream Vacation!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

This is an amazing resort with many amenities. If you want to relax, eat great food, drink and indulge in paradise; this is the place for you. We were there 08/08-08/12, 2013 to celebrate our engagement and the weather was hot! hot! hot! we like to go to the pool and get sun so it was perfect for us! SPICE restaurant was AMAZING!!! we went 2 nights, once for tepanyaki (reservation advised) and the other for sushi. They are not lenient about late check out and that was disappointing considering our room was not ready until 3pm (2pm check in) and we weren't able to extend to 1pm (12pm check out).

Room Tip: Ocean FRONT a must and being on floor 4 or 5 is ideal.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (345)
Houston, Texas, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

My wife and I ventured here for the first time to Cabo for our honeymoon. Neither one of us had ever been to Cabo, nor had stayed at an all-inclusive resort. Our main goal was to relax, enjoy the warm weather, and soak in the sun. This was the best place to do it and we highly recommend this resort!

Location/Beach-About halfway between the international airport and the main marina area. If you want to stay close to the bars and clubs, and go enjoy the nightlife, this may not be the best located place for you (going into town takes about 20-25 min and each trip can cost $28-30 by private taxi). If you do want to venture in town, try to split the ride with others staying at the resort since all cabs are vans. If you did not know already, many of the beaches in Cabo can be dangerous with bad undercurrents and extremely large waves-venture on the beach cautiously and at your own risk.

Amenities-This resort has it all, 6 great restaurants all with great fresh gourmet food, around the clock room service, top shelf alcohol, relaxing and amazing infinity pools overlooking the beach, great spa, fitness room, business center, coffee shop, gift shop, and daily planned activities on the resort such as beach volleyball, pool volleyball, tequila tasting, pub crawl (organized trip into town at a discounted rate), poker nights, movies by the beach, and Spanish lessons to name a few things. Everyday you get an updated newsletter for the resort letting you know about activities and timings. They have carefully planned and spent time organizing activities to keep you entertained and encourage socializing without having to go into town. If you choose to relax with your family or significant other instead, it is very easy and accommodating since this resort is very large and there are adequate noise barriers from where our room was located.

Food-We were both very surprised and impressed. Food was fresh, cooked to order, and had a 5 star presentation. Room service menu had pretty good options and the service was quick and made to order. One thing to note is that some of the restaurants have a dress code for dinner, so check out the website or email them for more information.

Service-Excellent. Minimal, if any complaints. Everyone is very accommodating, considerate, and helpful. Maybe a few minor issues, but I think because they keep such high standards so you end up expecting perfection by the end of your stay. Make sure to properly tip when you feel you have gotten good service, several dollars here and there goes a long way!

Accommodations-We had a honeymoon suite and it was spectacular; large room with king sized bed, plenty of closet space, large dual vanity bathroom, jacuzzi tub, standing shower, ocean view, and private pool which they cleaned daily. Minibar was stocked daily with bottled water, alcohol, sodas, and snacks. Turn down service also included. Only downside was they did not have a flat screen TV, but we did not watch much tv anyways so it did not bother us at all.

Overall, we highly recommend this resort, although it may be a little expensive, we would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Airdrie, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

Got back from Los Cabos on Aug10/13. 7 night stay at this resort.
The area the resort sets on is absolutely beautiful. The transformation from desert to ocean is stunning. Being able to walk the beach and swim at the bay below the Hilton was perfect. The weather was really hot and humid, but still comfortable as there was was shade to relax in underneath umbrellas.
The room was great, but the beds are too hard, had to get 2 toppers to be able to sleep properly.
The infinity pools were a really nice touch. A little mood music at the pool bars would be a nice touch.
The food at the resort was good. Too much seafood on all of the menus for us. Would be nice if the buffet was open at night for dinner as another option. The waiters were good with us as we had food allergies. They made sure the food was ok to eat. The room service menu was not good, but the one night we needed to order room service we were treated extra special and the service was excellent. THANK YOU CESAR.
All of the staff were friendly. The waiters around the pool seemed to be a little under staffed as they were running most of the time, poor guys.
Not sure why but the people on this side of Mexico were way more friendly then the people on the Mayan side.
I had an incident the day we were leaving and the staff handled it with great professionalism and compassion. They had us back to the resort in time to get cleaned up, finish packing and catch are shuttle to the airport.
Many thanks to the staff for a very nice stay. It was a great holiday.
Again thank you Cesar (food and beverage manager) for all of your help. You are truly a special person.

Room Tip: Rooms on the East side give you a beautiful sunrise every morning.
Baton Rouge, Louisiana, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

I recently stayed at Secrets Marquis for 6 nights. The resort is beautiful, employees are extra friendly and helpful, and the food was much better than most All Inclusives. Everyone is extra eager to help with anything you may need. The infinity pools are gorgeous and overlook the ocean. This is a perfect place if you plan to stay at the resort most of your vacation! I say that because it is a bit far from downtown, so if you plan to get out a bunch it's a pretty good 20 minute ride. I would absolutely stay with Secrets next time i come to Cabo or any of their other properties around the world!

Room Tip: We stayed on the 5th floor with Ocean front rooms and they were exactly what we expected! Great view...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Long Beach, MS
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

Just stayed at the property and we had a fabulous time. The Lobby is stunning and features eye catching Ocean Front views. The food was delicious, our favorite was SPICE Asian Fusion restaurant. The ocean front infinity pools were a hit and had some good conversations poolside with other guest, all with great drink service. The beach is beautiful but not swimmable. My massage & pedicure at the spa was top notch. Would recommend to anyone coming to Cabo and wanting to relax.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

My friend and I spent a marvellous - and memorable - week at the Secrets Marquis Los Cabos. What a wonderful experience: the staff is nothing short of extraordinary and anticipates your every need, 24/7! The property is magnificent and the grounds are very well-maintained. What can we say about the accommodations? We had originally booked an oceanfront room and were upgraded to a private casita, with kitchen/bar area, dining room, living room, bedroom, bathroom, powder room, terrace - with our very own pool - and personal butler. The trip to Los Cabos was meant to be, in part, a celebration of my friend's very special birthday. The staff went to great lenghts to make it so - room decorations, flowers, birthday cake, a romantic dinner on the beach and even a gift to remember Los Cabos by! But by far, the best part of the trip was the kindness and generosity shown us by the staff, especially Head Concierge, Vania Castro, and Front Desk Manager, David (whose last name I've unfortunately forgotten...). These two make a formidable pair and can be counted on to deliver most anything, with a bright, cheery smile. Were I a member of Secrets' senior management team, I would certainly count Vania and David among my most valuable employees and ensure their progress through the ranks. They have the energy, drive and werewithal to do most anything!!! My friend and I never stay at the same hotel twice, but we will certainly make an exception this one time, thanks to the amazing welcome extended us by all hotel staff, but most especially by Vania and David!!! Merci a vous deux et n'oubliez surtout pas de venir visiter l'extraordinaire ville de Montreal !!!

Room Tip: Every room is beautiful and has a great view. I would think there isn't that much difference be...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

Secrets Marquis is absolutely amazing! This is our 2nd time in Cabo (last year we stayed at Dreams Los Cabos - a sister resort of sorts to Secrets). Both are great, but I really need to give the edge to Secrets! We were there from 7/31-8/6 and I still can't get over how much of a paradise it really is. The service was exquisite and unbeatable. We ate at all of the restaurants, and just about every single person we ever encountered (only 1 person we ever encountered was unsatisfactory) was amazing! The rooms were in impeccable shape (we had room on the 5th floor - an ocean front room). The grounds were so well kept up and the pools are spectacular. There are 3 pools, but really only 2 are used except for water aerobics and pool volleyball. The main 2 are infinite pools that overlook the beachfront and the ocean. The pool staff come by practically every 15 minutes or more asking if anybody would like any more drinks or even any food to eat. You can order food from a couple of the restaurants from your pool chair so you never even have to leave the pool!

We researched so many of the different resorts (I actually put together pros/cons and detailed hotel information comparison spreadsheets). We read page after page after page of trip advisor reviews to make sure. We made sure to read all of the negative reviews just to cover all the bases. And I must say, we certainly didn't have anything close to a poor experience. I wholeheartedly recommend this resort. One of the days, it did rain and it reduced the amount of restaurant space, but it was not a problem at all. The staff said it was the 2nd day of rain this whole year. Seemed to be a big deal to them.

The best meal we had was at Canto Del Mar. It's a little tucked away, so make sure you go searching for it. It's a very small restaurant and a little difficult at times to get into, but it is well worth it. The Teppenyaki area of the Spice restaurant requires reservations, but it wasn't a problem at all for us. Very good and entertaining, but it has a more pre-set meal. We also ate at the normal Spice side, where it's mostly sushi and it was very, very good. You must try the Tempura rolls. I'm from Seattle and eat a lot of sushi, and the tempura rolls are quite good. The rest is good, but not the best I've had. Still good though don't misread that (I'm just a little bit of a food snob at times). Overall though, the food at the resort is excellent. I remembered Dreams being decent, but I left Secrets much more pleased.

The best people on staff that you must look for are Ferr and Denisse on the entertainment staff, Armando on the poolside, Arodi at Spice (the captain/lead I think), Mariana (hostess at Vista Ballenas) and Gabriel (Vista Ballenas). They are top notch. I also don't want to forget others who were also awesome: Adalberto (poolside, Coco Cafe), Alberto (poolside), Ismael (Spice), Leo (Spice), Mauricio (spice and concierge), Liliana (Vista hostess), Ivan (vista) and Fernando (Canto Del Mar). Thanks so much to all of you!

The only downsides of our experience was the captain at Canto Del Mar (Andres) and the apparent lack of planning for room cleaning and turn down service. I want to stress though that the room cleaning and turn down is wonderful and the staff did a great job. We just had no idea when they were coming. Sometimes it seemed that our room was cleaned after lunch one day, the just before dinner the next, then in the middle of the day, etc. Just seemed all over the place. Not that big of a deal overall, just not sure why. For the other negative, we encountered Andres at Canto Del Mar twice and he was very much on the rude side. The first time, he seemed very put off by us (granted, we had a group of 6, and Canto Del Mar is more difficult to setup for 6) and stressed the difficulties of seating us. We said we could all separate, it wasn't a big deal but he was just not receptive of even that. We decided we'd come back the next day. So the next day, we came back from an excursion for dinner and totally forgot that we weren't quite dressed up for dinner (long pants, collared shirts for men, dresses for women), and he was extremely rude to us about the dress code and too many people again. Yes, we were wrong about the dress code, but you don't have to be mean and rude about it! I witnessed something similar twice at other restaurants and the staff was very polite about it. Yes we forgot, but a polite reminder is all it takes and it would've been fine. After that incident, someone from the group talked to Secrets management and they setup a reservation for us in a couple days.

A handful more tidbits for some future travelers. Some of these I wasn't sure about so I wanted to mention them. Yes, there is free internet in their business center until 5PM. They have 3 computers that are free to use. You can also purchase wireless internet from them for something around $10 a day (less with some coupons). The in-room fridge contained a couple Corona's and Pacifico's for beer and a variety of soda's like coke, diet coke, fanta, sprite and fizzy water. Three bottles of water and a couple juices are there as well. You can always call room service for mixed drinks or more drinks. Yes, the TV's are a bit old and only a few are in English, but it's not bad and you shouldn't be watching TV all that much anyway lol :) The gym is pretty good and always had fresh towels and water. We tipped pretty often (usually a buck a drink and a few bucks at meals - maybe we are overtippers, maybe we aren't). We saw many others tip, and many others not tip. Up to you I suppose but it always feels great to reward their great service. There is no shuttle to town like at Dreams, but we caught a taxi for about $25 (for up to 4 people) to Cabo each way. The resort has daily walks to a swimmable beach near the Hilton at like 10am I think. We never went on this, but others did. We were told it was only 5-10 mins away, which seemed reasonable as it was in sight. The entertainment staff has something planned just about every hour. Sometimes it's sparsely attended, sometimes not. Nothing was crazy, it's a much more relaxed, chilled atmosphere at the hotel. You can also sign up when you check-in to get coffee, fruits and pastries delivered every morning to your suite. There is a cabinet of sorts that locks on the inside and is also accessible from the outside. We always jokingly called it the Harry Potter door for some reason. They leave the food there in the morning and they don't have to wake you. By 9, the coffee was closer to warm then hot, and the fruits and the pastries were just ok. Much better to go to Vista Ballenas (or room service) where it's a lot better.

That about wraps this up, I'll try to add pictures later. It's an awesome resort, easily 5 stars. Wonderful, will definitely want to come visit here again. Sorry for the really long review, but hopefully at least someone finds it helpful. You really can't go wrong here. The best staff, food and resort in the area! I could lounge by the pool for the rest of my life and never be disappointed.

Room Tip: Definitely choose Ocean Front and you get floors 3, 4 or 5. Ocean View I think is Floor 2. Ocean F...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Secrets Marquis Los Cabos? Share your experiences!