First ever trip to the San Jose Del Cabo area and we had an absolutely amazing time - we are already planning a trip back to this property in March.
Check-in was a breeze; we were early but our room was ready shortly after we had lunch by the pool. This is also where we first met Adalberto - remember his name, I'll come back to this.
There are several "gems" to the Secrets Marquis:
Our junior suite was as-advertised - big enough, luxurious, comfortable, and with an absolutely stunning ocean view in both directions. Housekeeping was brilliant all week and we never needed a thing. The coffee in the hidden door every morning was a nice touch.
The second little "gem" was the food and drink experience. My wife and I have never done the all-inclusive resort before and to be honest, we were a little nervous about the quality and selection. That notion quickly disappeared. All-in-all a fantastic way to travel. By mid-week, we actually enjoyed just grabbing a latte and breakfast sandwich in the little coffee shop (lower level) on the way to the pool each day. Lunch menu by the pool was great; the "italian" restaurant also had one of the best lunches and dinners. Spice (asian) had a great dinner as well. No complaints.
We did two little trips while there - taxi to and from the city of San Jose Del Cabo and a round-trip excursion to Cabo San Lucas' Lover's Beach (rock arch formation). Both outings were arranged by the hotel concierge staff and were executed without flaw. Never felt unsafe whatsoever. Next trip we want to do some whale watching and maybe some dune buggies.
For the most part, we just spent our days/nights laying by the pool, enjoying the great food and drinks, walking the beach and relaxing - Secrets is the perfect place for this. They offer activities and entertainment that can fill your day but you can also just veg-out and relax if wanted as well.
So back to the theme of "gems". When planning this trip, I knew and expected that I'd be blown away by a certain amount of things...I knew the ocean view would be fantastic. I knew the property would be nice (from the photos). I expected the food to be good and the drinks plentiful.
What I didn't expect was a hidden gem by the name of Adalberto - a hotel staff member. We met him on the first day, before our room was ready, while we ate lunch in the lower level by the pool(s); he was our server for lunch. Before getting up from the table, I asked him where the best spot at the infinity pool was for sun. From that moment on, we sat in the same spot at the pool each and every day. Not because the sun was any different than the other side. Not because the food was better or the drinks stronger. We came back to the same spot each and every day because that's where Adalberto was working.
Adalberto took care of our every need at the pool each and every day - from helping us get shade, to recommending tropical cocktails and taking our lunch order. He even made sure we always had a cold bottle of water beside our loungers. Adalberto is the gem I didn't expect. He truly made our stay with Secrets Marquis a pleasure, from start to finish.
All of the staff at this property were amazing. But Adalberto was a stand-out performer. Adalberto, if you get the chance to read this, thank you again for your hard work, kindness and attention to detail. The service you provided us didn't go unnoticed and for that I truly, truly appreciate you.
If you decide to stay at Secrets Marquis, you won't be disappointed. And if you get the pleasure of meeting Adalberto, you'll be entirely impressed.
This is my first ever online review, if that matters. Adalberto inspired that.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- As of November 1, 2011 Marquis Los Cabos has officially been transitioned into Secrets Marquis Los Cabos offering all of the privileges of adults-only, Unlimited-Luxury® for the first time on the scenic Baja Peninsula. At Secrets Marquis, guests can enjoy handsomely appointed suites with world-class amenities, 24 hour romantic in-suite dining, exciting daytime beach, land and pool activities, nightly entertainment, gourmet a la carte dining without reservations, complimentary international and domestic brand beverages and so much more! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Despegar.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Marquis Los Cabos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Secrets Marquis Los Cabos Hotel San Jose Del Cabo
- Marquis Los Cabos Hotel
- Marquis Los Cabos Resort
- Marquis Los Cabos San Jose Del Cabo