This resort is incredible! Excellent service! As you check in enjoy the champagne offered, and when they hand you off to the girl who is going to tell you about the resort, just know if you say yes to breakfast at Dreams (the sister resort), it will be a time share presentation! You can only visit the dreams resort for this presentation, or in the evening for dinner....not to use pools or other daytime options. This was not very clear, and most assume they have use of the other resort and you don't.
Great entertainment crew with the best entertainment, we felt like we had private parties much of the time! The pub crawl with Edjuardo was tremendous fun even for non-dancers; great people watching and well taken care of! We had a mardi gras party on the beach, a valentine show, fire dancers, mariachi and folkloric dancers, as well as a disco nightbon the beach!
Food was delicious, not your typical all-inclusive food; even if they had a buffet, the selection and flavor was wonderful! You can always eat in the restaurant if you choose any time. Room service food was as good as the other options and service was the best! If you want wine in your room call room service; the first time we ordered 2 glasses, the next day they sent a bottle. Order lunch by the pool, or room service any time!
We were there mid-February and the weather was a little cool- bring layers and a jacket and long pants for this time of year! Can't swim in the beach in front of the hotel, but can in front of the Hilton just down the beach. Beautiful beach to walk on, and watching whales from the beach. Water was too cool in the pools the first few days, better as it was warmer outside. The heated the pools obviously, but they could have been warmer. Only one day were many people in the pool, which was a shame with such beautiful pools!
The rooms were just as the pictures showed, with a daily stocked mini bar and twice daily service. Something happened the last night and they did not do turn down service which we missed after having our slippers put on mats beside the bed every night, fresh coffee service placed for the next day, and chocolates on the bed! The bathrooms were open to the bedroom, with glass door on the shower and one on the toilet. This was loud when anyone had to use the facilities during the night. On the other hand, laying in the whirlpool tub and looking out at the ocean was priceless! The tubs were not deep, probably to save water. The shower was large and updated tile, seat, and built in shelf for toiletries.
Bus into Cabo was easy and safe for $2 each way; crossing the highway to get picked up was the most dangerous part of the entire trip! First day we missed the stop in the downtown area (I think the bus we got on also went out of town. Look for buses marked San Jose del Cabo and Cabo San Lucas ONLY. The driver called someone who could speak English to tell us that we missed our stop! The driver told us on the way back where we needed to get off! I thought that said much about the safety for tourists! If you get on the correct bus, mentioned above, you will get off just across from the mall. Walk thru the mall and you will be right at the marina.
We walked right around the marina and at the end of the marina, we hired a glass bottom water taxi for $10 each, and only had one other person on the boat with us! We saw all the beaches, the arch, and the driver took our picture in front of the arch. Take off the orange life vest if you do this, they aren't flattering in photos! They also took us to Medano beach where we had drinks at the office, great fun, drinks, and appetizers!
My husband and i were celebrating our 30th anniversary and already look forward to returning to secrets marquis and the beautiful Cabo area! First time in Cabo, but certainly not our last!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- As of November 1, 2011 Marquis Los Cabos has officially been transitioned into Secrets Marquis Los Cabos offering all of the privileges of adults-only, Unlimited-Luxury® for the first time on the scenic Baja Peninsula. At Secrets Marquis, guests can enjoy handsomely appointed suites with world-class amenities, 24 hour romantic in-suite dining, exciting daytime beach, land and pool activities, nightly entertainment, gourmet a la carte dining without reservations, complimentary international and domestic brand beverages and so much more! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Tingo, BookIt.com, Odigeo, Agoda, Priceline, Otel and Jetsetter so you can book your Secrets Marquis Los Cabos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Secrets Marquis Los Cabos Hotel San Jose Del Cabo
- Marquis Los Cabos Hotel
- Marquis Los Cabos Resort
- Secrets Marquis Los Cabos San Jose Del Cabo