We booked to go here in Nov 06 and as usual visited trip advisor. Reviews ok so we booked it. Prior to visiting in July I read the reviews again for any tips etc. I couldn't believe the wide range in reviews from brilliant to very poor. I was somewhat concerend that our choice of hotel would be a major mistake. Here are my views. We are a British family of 3, with out 15 yr old son.
Hotel was very very clean indeed to the point of perfection. With all the food and drink around you would expect some mess, but none of it. As a result, NO bugs, flies, ants, cockroaches, wasps were seen at all. The maids were also very through indeed and the room were spotless. Hotel more like 3.5star, but certainly not 5 star.
The beds and pillows were a little on the hard side, but no great problem. Clean towels were left everyday.
Time share reps - I was scared to death of meeting the timeshare guys following reviews on Trip Advisor. On the whole no big deal here. Ok you are met by guest services on arrival (ie trimeshare guys) but they were helpful and helped to fast track check in. Also, you dont have to attend the presentation, but we did. Got $100, plus entry to theme nights on site, discount ATV tour, 20% discount at Spa, so no bad thing. They tried to close a deal 3 times, but each time we said a definate no and they acepted this. They certainly did not treat us a second class citizens thereafter, as some reviewers suggested. We own timeahare anyway, so knew the protocol.
Food & Drink - Drinks were ok, but probably watered down, Resort owners got a better deal I think, but if you wanted more alocohol in your drink, you only had to ask. Food was also good, with plenty of variety to go at. Ok it gets a bit stale after a while., but food was good quality and always fresh. We had no stomach problems while we were there. Resort owners also had access to special events, so everyone else may feel like 2nd class citizens at time, but again no big deal. 2 a la carte restuarants on site, but need to book on the day at 8am. Dont wait while 8.10 as they will be booked up, so hang on the phone at 7.55am. This can be a pain but we found the restuarants ok at best. We dined out in San Jose 3 nights and can recommend La Panga and Morgans for fine dining $200 for meal for 2 with wine was good value and food was excellant. Cheaper was La Dolce Pizzeria on the Plaza which was also very good
Service was always very good and always with a smile.
Day Trips - Did the $69 snorkel trip which was very good indeed and good value. (There were about 20 on a catamaran so good numbers and good food./drink) - dont go on the big boat trip with 100 other guests- too many people). ATV tour was ok, but after a 1 1/2 hour drive (inc pick ups) was a long day for 2hrs on ATVS. If you like typical Mexico, visit San Jose. For more life ( and very much a taste of America) visit Cabo San Lucas, which is more commercial with a nice Marina, shops and bars/restaurants. At times the marina reminded me of Fort Lauderdale.
Entertainment - usual fare, but the entertainment team worked very hard. Most seemed to be professional dancers/actors. There were plenty of them and lots going on during the day and evening.
SUMMARY - all in all a good holiday in a good hotel. Visit the area now as the developers are moving in big time, and the place will change a great deal. Out 15yr old son had the holiday of his life. He met so many people and youngsters of his age, who were all well behaved. All inclusive is not for everyone, but accept it for what it is.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- All-Inclusive family beachfront resort with 387 rooms in a Mexican hacienda-style, located in san Jose del Cabo, Mexico. Royal Solaris Los Cabos offers unlimited meal and beverages in our 5 restaurants, Room service (delivery fee), Dinner show at Tehuacan Theater, 4 bars, 3 pools with heather system (including relaxes & kids pools), Business center, Spa and beauty salon ($), Steam room, fitness center, hospitality rooms, on site shops. Other services include 24 hr medical service (on call) ($). Shuttle service to Cabo San Lucas ($). Weekly activities program for all ages. Tennis and basketball courts, also beach volleyball court. Theme parties and dinner shows. Junior's club (video games). Live and ambient music at the lobby bar. Kids club & Mini Water park. Scuba diving demo at the diving pool. Meeting room facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., BookIt.com, Tingo, Travelocity, BookingOdigeoWL, getaroom.com, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Royal Solaris Los Cabos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Solaris Los Cabos Hotel San Jose Del Cabo
- Royal Solaris Cabo San Lucas
- Los Cabos Solaris
- Los Cabos Royal Solaris
- Royal Solaris Los Cabos San Jose Del Cabo