“wonderful trip” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Royal Solaris Los Cabos

You added Royal Solaris Los Cabos to your Saves list
Royal Solaris Los Cabos
3.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Blvd. San Jose | Campo de Golf, San Jose del Cabo 23410, Mexico   |
Special Offer
Package Deal
Ranked #20 of 37 Hotels in San Jose del Cabo
“wonderful trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2005

We just got home from a week at the Royal Solaris Los Cabos... what a great vacation. The staff are all very friendly and helpful. Someone was always at the ready to make sure that no matter what we had planned for the day, we would enjoy ourselves. The all inclusive accomodations were a plus for us. The food was excellent. I would recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed January 2005

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (775)
Calgary Alberta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2005

Just returned from Cabos - Jan 31st. It is my perspective that the Americans are harder to please than us Canadians. When we would talk to people at the resort, the only ones that were complaining were from the States. Who knows, but just an observation... I think people forget they are in another country on vacation but expect the same standard as a 5 Star in North America. If you surrender to the Mexican way of life and just see the beauty in it (perhaps admire the differences from our culture), I don't know how you cannot have a great time!

The service at the Solaris was outstanding. The staff was very accomodating, friendly, professional. We enjoyed all the food, great variety, clean pools, lots of chairs, towels etc... We booked a Deluxe Ocean View and that is exactly what we got - loved the room as we had an incredible view everyday and lots of sun on the deck. We enjoyed the room service in the mornings lounging with coffee on the deck before going for breakfast. A previous review pointed out that the maids did not always leave the room service cards in the room, so we would go to the front desk to get a few at a time. We were not approached for TimeShare, didn't even see them the entire time.

I would suggest doing your homework on the area prior to booking a trip if you have not been to San Jose before. You are not to swim in the ocean but this is certainly not a disappointment if you know ahead of time and it is true for all the resorts in that area of San Jose. I highly suggest a trip to Todos Santos. It's a great little artist's town about an hour from Cabo. We rented a car and took our time driving there but you can also book a tour through the hotel.

Entertainment was about a 7-8 out of 10 but what made it special was the crew put their hearts into it and that was obvious.

Overall a fantastic time and if we visit the area again, we would definately book at the Solaris.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2005

A group of six of us stayed here in March and we LOVED IT! We got our package pretty cheep ($750 with flight and hotel) so we had no complaints about the place. I wish someone would have told us that it is a 15 to 20 minute taxi ride from the hotel to the main club area of Cabo. I highly recommend Cabo Wabo and Squid Row to people who are going to Cabo for some nightly action. Squid Row is a younger crazier croud and Cabo Wabo in my opinion is perfect for all ages. Also please be aware of the fact that there is NEVER SWIMING ALLOWED IN THE OCEAN that the Royal Solaris (and all the other hotels) are facing. If you are going to enjoy the beach then you need to stay way further down in actual Cabo San LUcas.

Prescott, Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2005

We were at the Royal Solaris from January 15 to January 29, 2005. Two weeks should have been long enough, but I could have stayed another week at the Solaris. First of all I want to personally thank Angel, Moises, Jesus, Fernando, Adrien, Alexis, Anna, Dora and Patty - the amazing entertainment team that made our stay so wonderful!

The resort itself is beautiful and very clean. We had a room with an ocean view on the 3rd floor. You could leave your balcony door open all night and listen to the waves crashing on the beach - heaven! True, you can't swim in the ocean - but my disapoinmtent over that lasted about 30 seconds. The beach is beautiful and you can walk for miles in both directions and its never crowded. The main swimming pool is large and not too busy most of the time. We went with 3 other couples and could always get chairs in the morning. The pool activities in the morning were fun and its a good idea to participate so you can get to know the staff. I've read lots of reviews of the food - some good - some bad. I found the food better than other places we have been. Good selection and always fresh. The nightly shows were always great. I give allot of credit to the entertainment staff as not only do they look after the daytime activities - at night they are the dance team as well. They put in a tremendous number of hours per week and always come up smiling! We found that the lobby bar was one of the best places to end the evening as there was always a live band who played a mix of Spanish music and contemporary music. They would even take the odd request if they knew the song.

If you are planning on going on a few day trips, I might suggest walking down to San Jose and booking the tours yourself rather than going through the hotel - usually cheaper. We went on an ATV tour - 3 hours - had a blast - paid $42.00 U.S. per person. Went horse back riding for 2 hours on well fed, well groomed horses that were amazing for $45.00. Went on a glass bottom boat tour to Lands End, saw the Arch, Sea Lions up close, Lovers Beach for $39.00 per person. I don't think you can beat that! If you go into Cabo take the bus - it's only $1.80 U.S. one way and the buses run every 20 minutes.

I'm sure I could go on and on but I'll end it here. If you want to have a good time, you certainly will at this resort. If you want to whine about the insignificant little things like "I only got 1 towel", or "the staff eats at the same buffett as I do", then you probably won't have a good time anywhere.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2005

My parents took my sister, 2 brothers and I to the Royal Solaris the first week of January. We had read all the negative reviews and were a little nervous to see if they were true. We got to the resort and were escorted into the lobby area, while a bellman took care of our bags. We were offered drinks right off the bat, which were definitely welcomed after a long day of traveling. After about 15-20 minutes of check in procedures, we got our "all-inclusive" wristbands and were taken up to our room. We had 2 double rooms...upgraded to ocean view. The rooms were very nice and clean...we walked out onto the balcony to an absolutely amazing view! We walked around, checked everything out and ate some dinner at one of the buffets. Very good, with tons of variety. The first day we walked into San Jose Del Cabo for mass at the Mission church...very beautiful and all in Spanish. We did some shopping...lots of dickering...don't ever pay the price they first quote. If you say you have American dollars you'll get a better deal. We made reservations for the Mexican Restaurant and it was excellent. The food was good and the service was great! We took a shuttle into Cabo San Lucas one day....lots of people, very commercialized. We couldn't wait to get back to the resort. The beach is absolutely amazing....no rocks, no garbage, no shells even. My brothers (ages 26 and 16) loved playing in the water. A little rough, so be careful. You would never have known the resort was full...the beach was never crowed, you always had your own space. There were people around trying to sell you stuff, but if you said no, they gladly went on their way. My dad and brother got in on some good sand volleyball games with a great bunch of guys from New Jersey. The show the staff put on one night was amazing. The dances were awesome and really entertaining. The bartender in the sports bar was so great...very friendly and poured great (stiff) drinks! (as did all the bartenders) All of the staff was very friendly and treated us like royalty. I truly do not understand any of the negative things people say about the Solaris. Our vacation really could not have been better. We definitely missed the warm sunny beach when we got back to negative 20 degree weather here in Montana. For anyone who is considering the Royal Solaris, I say go for it. I would reccomend it to anyone. you'll have a great time!!

toronto ontario
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2005

We recently stayed in San Jose, at the Royal Solaris. Very pleasant hotel, (but not 5 star, more like 3 star). because the dinners were consistently poor - avoid the Italian and Mexican restuarants- slow,
very limited choice of food.

Great beach for walking and sunbathing but forget about any swimming.
The red warning flag is up every day, and I believe it's up all year!

If you have time, go to La Paz, via Todos Santos, to experince the real Mexico and stay in one of the hacienda style B+B's. We stayed at the
Casabueno -highly recommened. Drive back to San Jose via the eastern route. Only two hours but fantastic views of the Baja
mountains and valleys on an excellent road.

One word of WARNING!
Be very vigilant when filling your car with gas. Some of the Pemex attendants are real tricksters. Make sure the gauge is set to zero
on the pump before he starts. Also, keep your eye closely on the value of the dollar bill you hand him and make eye contact. They tried the
'switch' trick on me- and they are good at it!) It seems the bad guys are
mostly in the 'corridor' area.

RJT. Toronto

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2005

My wife and I and 35 other people from her dental office (including spouces and friends) just returned from this Beautiful Resort on Jan 22nd after a one week stay.

First off I don't understand the negative reviews I have been reading, but everyone is entitled to their opinion, I guess???
The resort itself was well kept (very clean). The food was good also, even though I don't like seafood, there was pleanty to eat at all sittings. Breakfast was the best! Our room was very nice and always cleaned by the maid by 11am. Tons of pool and beach chairs. Fun nightly entertainment and Cabo is only a short bus ride away for more night life. Even though the beach is not a swimable beach it is still very beautiful with it's crashing waves. We went on a ATV tour for $60 that lasted over 2.5 hrs, what a rush. We also went on a glass bottom boat tour that takes you to the Rock formations where the Pacific Ocean meets the Sea of Cortez, well worth the $10. I have stayed at 5 star Sandel Resorts before and maybe this Beautiful Resort is a 4- 4.5 star but the staff make you feel as if your at a 5 star.
Enjoy and Relax, remember your on Vacation in a foreign country, not at home.

• Stayed January 2005

Been to Royal Solaris Los Cabos? Share your experiences!