We spent a week at the the Royal Solaris June 22-29th. Our family had a great time. This was our first experience with doing an All-Inclusive resort so we were a little nervous especially with both negative and positive reviews out there online. We visited Royal Solaris through RCI, we are WorldMark Owners and used our exchange program to stay the week. Being that this was our first experience with an All-Inclusive we choose to upgrade our All-Inclusive package which gave us the same privileges that Royal Solaris Time Share Owners have, I would recommend doing this. The upgrade includes special dinner events and eating areas that regular travelers do not have access to, unless they pay specifically for the dinner events. Also, a room upgrade is included, ocean view...or partial ocean view room. In addition, an excursion for the family is included in the upgrade (we chose Zip Lining, which was great).
The food is Okay, if you make reservations and eat at either of the 2 restaurants you will have a really nice meal, otherwise, the food is buffet style for all your meals. Having served in the Marine Corps, I have always like buffet style food so I had no issues at all with the food and liked it.....however, my wife and children were a little put off at times. A nice feature of the resort is that they have a Pizza Bar, my son's really enjoyed it and ate a ton of pizza throughout the week:)
The Pools were very nice, I only wish they were a little cooler, they were bath water temperature so not that refreshing on a Hot Day. They were very clean, and the Activity Staff always have something going on Pool side. Plenty of places to get a drink, drinks are not that strong, but you can have as many as you like, so if your wanting to get a buzz you have plenty of opportunity to get one. Included in the all-inclusive upgrade is access to their "Premium Bar", stiffer drinks in an air conditioned lounge, you can also take the drinks "to-go".
Evening shows and Entertainment Staff were good, we attended everything and enjoyed ourselves, everything is Family Friendly. Our children are 14, 13, and 11. The beach front is very nice, they recommend not swimming because of the under tow however, you can splash around and have fun....we did:)
Having upgraded our All-Inclusive we had Owner Status Check-In....this is a great service, we had our own staff member handle everything for us, from check-in and out, made dinner reservations, planned excursions, gave us tips about the area etc. This was one of the best parts of the trip and her name was Dee Guerrero, she was fantastic and as I mentioned handled everything for us the entire trip...We Zip Lined, Swam with the Dolphins, went Horse Back Riding on the Beach, took a Glass Bottom Boat Tour of Cabo & the Arches....you name it. Dee planned everything all we had to do was show up at the lobby at certain times:)
When you book Royal Solaris and have airport transportation follow their instructions, they are easy and specific. They tell you to bypass everyone at the airport and go directly outside and look for a specific individual wearing a specific outfit, and that is exactly what you need to do. Otherwise, you will be bombarded with Timeshare Sales People and tricksters at the Airport!!!! Royal Solaris tells you to walk right past them and follow there instructions, if you do you will have no problems, otherwise, if you stop the sales people will do everything they can to suck you in and waste your time, we saw it happen and talked to several people at the resort that didn't listen to what the resort told them to do and they wished they had.
At the resort during regular check-in as well as VIP check-in you will be asked if you would like to listen to their time share presentation, they will give you a few offers for your time. It is totally up to you, they are not high pressure at all, which is a good thing. We stayed at a different resort in Puerto Vallarta several years ago and the Time Share people were ruthless, a really bad experience. At Royal Solaris it was just the opposite, if your interested great, if not no big deal.
I recommend this property, I don't know if we will return simply because we have so many other places in the world that we want to explore and don't often stay at the same place twice. If I was just traveling with my wife I would probably stay at a more intimate location with a swimmable beach location, however, for a family vacation with kids I thought Royal Solaris was just fine. Next year we are vacationing in Hawaii, however, in 2016 we are making plans with another family to stay at 1 of the 3 Royal Solaris properties in Cancun:)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- All-Inclusive family beachfront resort with 387 rooms in a Mexican hacienda-style, located in san Jose del Cabo, Mexico. Royal Solaris Los Cabos offers unlimited meal and beverages in our 5 restaurants, Room service (delivery fee), Dinner show at Tehuacan Theater, 4 bars, 3 pools with heather system (including relaxes & kids pools), Business center, Spa and beauty salon ($), Steam room, fitness center, hospitality rooms, on site shops. Other services include 24 hr medical service (on call) ($). Shuttle service to Cabo San Lucas ($). Weekly activities program for all ages. Tennis and basketball courts, also beach volleyball court. Theme parties and dinner shows. Junior's club (video games). Live and ambient music at the lobby bar. Kids club & Mini Water park. Scuba diving demo at the diving pool. Meeting room facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Royal Solaris Los Cabos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Solaris Los Cabos Hotel San Jose Del Cabo
- Royal Solaris Cabo San Lucas
- Los Cabos Solaris
- Los Cabos Royal Solaris
- Royal Solaris Los Cabos San Jose Del Cabo