“Great Family Getaway:)” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Royal Solaris Los Cabos

You added Royal Solaris Los Cabos to your Saves list
Royal Solaris Los Cabos
3.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Blvd. San Jose | Campo de Golf, San Jose del Cabo 23410, Mexico   |
Special Offer
FREE RT AIRPORT TRANSFER
Ranked #21 of 37 Hotels in San Jose del Cabo
Pleasant Hill, California
“Great Family Getaway:)”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

We spent a week at the the Royal Solaris June 22-29th. Our family had a great time. This was our first experience with doing an All-Inclusive resort so we were a little nervous especially with both negative and positive reviews out there online. We visited Royal Solaris through RCI, we are WorldMark Owners and used our exchange program to stay the week. Being that this was our first experience with an All-Inclusive we choose to upgrade our All-Inclusive package which gave us the same privileges that Royal Solaris Time Share Owners have, I would recommend doing this. The upgrade includes special dinner events and eating areas that regular travelers do not have access to, unless they pay specifically for the dinner events. Also, a room upgrade is included, ocean view...or partial ocean view room. In addition, an excursion for the family is included in the upgrade (we chose Zip Lining, which was great).

The food is Okay, if you make reservations and eat at either of the 2 restaurants you will have a really nice meal, otherwise, the food is buffet style for all your meals. Having served in the Marine Corps, I have always like buffet style food so I had no issues at all with the food and liked it.....however, my wife and children were a little put off at times. A nice feature of the resort is that they have a Pizza Bar, my son's really enjoyed it and ate a ton of pizza throughout the week:)

The Pools were very nice, I only wish they were a little cooler, they were bath water temperature so not that refreshing on a Hot Day. They were very clean, and the Activity Staff always have something going on Pool side. Plenty of places to get a drink, drinks are not that strong, but you can have as many as you like, so if your wanting to get a buzz you have plenty of opportunity to get one. Included in the all-inclusive upgrade is access to their "Premium Bar", stiffer drinks in an air conditioned lounge, you can also take the drinks "to-go".

Evening shows and Entertainment Staff were good, we attended everything and enjoyed ourselves, everything is Family Friendly. Our children are 14, 13, and 11. The beach front is very nice, they recommend not swimming because of the under tow however, you can splash around and have fun....we did:)

Having upgraded our All-Inclusive we had Owner Status Check-In....this is a great service, we had our own staff member handle everything for us, from check-in and out, made dinner reservations, planned excursions, gave us tips about the area etc. This was one of the best parts of the trip and her name was Dee Guerrero, she was fantastic and as I mentioned handled everything for us the entire trip...We Zip Lined, Swam with the Dolphins, went Horse Back Riding on the Beach, took a Glass Bottom Boat Tour of Cabo & the Arches....you name it. Dee planned everything all we had to do was show up at the lobby at certain times:)

When you book Royal Solaris and have airport transportation follow their instructions, they are easy and specific. They tell you to bypass everyone at the airport and go directly outside and look for a specific individual wearing a specific outfit, and that is exactly what you need to do. Otherwise, you will be bombarded with Timeshare Sales People and tricksters at the Airport!!!! Royal Solaris tells you to walk right past them and follow there instructions, if you do you will have no problems, otherwise, if you stop the sales people will do everything they can to suck you in and waste your time, we saw it happen and talked to several people at the resort that didn't listen to what the resort told them to do and they wished they had.

At the resort during regular check-in as well as VIP check-in you will be asked if you would like to listen to their time share presentation, they will give you a few offers for your time. It is totally up to you, they are not high pressure at all, which is a good thing. We stayed at a different resort in Puerto Vallarta several years ago and the Time Share people were ruthless, a really bad experience. At Royal Solaris it was just the opposite, if your interested great, if not no big deal.

I recommend this property, I don't know if we will return simply because we have so many other places in the world that we want to explore and don't often stay at the same place twice. If I was just traveling with my wife I would probably stay at a more intimate location with a swimmable beach location, however, for a family vacation with kids I thought Royal Solaris was just fine. Next year we are vacationing in Hawaii, however, in 2016 we are making plans with another family to stay at 1 of the 3 Royal Solaris properties in Cancun:)

Room Tip: I would request and Ocean View or Pool View Room, the higher the better. The hotel has elevators.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
SolarisHotels, Social Media Manager at Royal Solaris Los Cabos, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Thank you for the outstanding review. We are so glad that you enjoyed your entire stay at our hotel and that we were able to make your vacation all that more special and customized.
It's the little things that count and we are glad that you noticed. We will make sure to let our entire staff know that they contributed to a memorable experience. We love that we are one of your favorite places to stay! We look forward to seeing you again soon and please let us know if we may be of any assistance in planning a future family vacation.

^G

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (760)
Torrance, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

Just got back from Los Cabos and can't wait to go back. Mario Mora our personal concierge was awesome. We felt very pampered. The entertainment team was amazing Koko, Zoey, Motto-Motto, Tony, El cubano y Jimmy. They all made us feel like family. I will give a shout out to bar tenders at the pool Antonio was amazing with the help of Chay, Alejandro, Saul, Mayco. Thanks to all of you guys I had a great time hope to see you all next year!!!

Room Tip: You will have a good ocean view if you ask for it!!!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for you wonderful review. It was our pleasure to have you, and we can't wait to take extra good care of you again next time you visit Los Cabos.

Best,
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014 via mobile

Emir, an employee at Royal Solaris was very helpful in helping us choose our excursions, inform us about events, and answered any questions that we had. Emir made our vacation much more enjoyable and stress free! I had a fun week in Cabo San Lucas and the maids were also awesome, cleaning our room and making cute towel animals each day. There was also air conditioning that made it feel like heaven after returning from a long hot adventure. I will definitely come back.

• Stayed July 2014
At Royal Solaris Los Cabos, we're obsessed with top-notch service - so we're thrilled that Emir was able to make your stay memorable by going the extra mile. We hope you'll visit us again very soon.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014 via mobile

Our experience for the most part was great! Entertainment crew is amazing and very friendly. Bartenders are also exceptional. Didn't have the best experience with the people who are higher up and deal with the members of Club Solaris. It was my sister's birthday and we asked (more than once) for balloons and a cake in the morning and she never had anyone bring either. Instead, a bartender, Leon (my favorite) went out of his way to get us a small cake with a candle. We didn't even ask him!

Also, do not like the fact that the premium bar opens at 5pm, as members we should be able to drink these top liquors much earlier than that.

Overall I would reccome do it because of the bartenders and entertainment crew but my experience in Cancun was a lot better overall.

• Stayed June 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience. I'm sorry to hear that the service you experienced was not up to par. I can assure you that we greatly value each and every one of our guests, especially those celebrating a special occasion with us. Please don't hesitate to reach out to me directly should you decide to visit us again, as it would be my pleasure to personally ensure your stay is fantastic.

redessociales@hotelessolaris.com
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

This is my 3rd time at the Solaris Resort chain and my 2nd time at this particular resort.
We have received consistently amazing service at this resort. All the staff genuinely care for the experience of their guests and have gone beyond their call of duty to ensure our enjoyment.

Whether you are looking for a resort that offers activities from 9am to late night, or some relaxation time, this resort can offer it all. The resort is walking distance from the Mega (mexican walmart) and downtown San Jose Del Cabo, offering easy access to shopping and culture. You can easily tell that this hotel is the best in the area! Walk along the beach at night and through out the day - you will see that this hotel is the ONLY hotel with activities occurring throughout the day... Also the most lively hotel on the strip!

We stayed at an ocean view room and participated in all the "parties" the hotel had offered, as well as booked tours through the resort. It was a streamlined experience. We received support as soon as we arrived to book our return taxi to t he airport, all our tours, all t he parties, as well as booking into the two a la carte restaurants.

Special mention to the staff that had made our experience EXTRA special:

1.) Emir and Mario - from the concierge staff had helped us through it all from the beginning of our vacation to the end. Showed us all the best places to go and hang out, and personally cared for our enjoyment. You two ROCK! Went above and beyond by also helping the couple that joined us, as well as two other couples that I had recommended that followed our group!

2.) Janette from the activities booking

3.) Oscar from the dinner buffet waiting staff

We will definitely continue to stay at Royal Solaris during our visits to Cabo Mexico :)

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
We love being your home away from home, and can't wait to share your compliments with our Talent who made your stay with us a special experience. We look forward to seeing you again very soon!

Long Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

First of all I would recommend this Hotel if you come with your family and want to have a good time and forget about stress and all the negative stuff back at home. Im so grateful that my family enjoy the stay for all one week and had a great time with all the entertainment people! What could I say, they make your days happy and fun, its not only staying in the hotel and relax, its about having a good time in the pool and enjoying the service that they provide in royal solaris. I would also like to thank Zoe from entertainment for her kindness, warmth, smile and friendship she provided to me and my whole family, she is one good person that you could joke around and laugh for any type of reason, she's so sweet to others and thats what makes her be a good hard worker/entertainer! I also want to thank the rest of the entertainers for providing a good laugh to the family and bringing them the wild side. A special thanks to Danny Boy, Jesus Quintero, Gabriela Granados, Motto Motto, Emir, Tonni, Coco Coco. you guys are great!
We Been coming to this hotel for 5 years, we love it!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
SolarisHotels, Social Media Manager at Royal Solaris Los Cabos, responded to this review, July 19, 2014

Stockton, California, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014 via mobile

July 7th - July 11th my husband and two daughters stayed at The Royal Solaris in a Ocean view room. From the moment you check in they immediately have a representative sit with you and tell you about the amenities. Actually the representative is trying to get you to attend a time share sales pitch they want a 40.00 deposit that you get back once you attend. I hate hate hate timeshare sales pitch I don't have time for that I'm there to relax. If I enjoy my stay I'll look into their timeshare after I know I like the place.

Most of the shows are for members only.
I stayed in a triple room beds are hard as a rock.
Food is all buffet style and not very good.

NOT ENOUGH SEATING for everyone to eat my family had to sit at the back of the room and eat on their laps! When I complained to management the first thing she said was "you can always order room service" terrible

Pool side bar- they will always take members orders first. Members wear a gold wrist band.

Swimming pools were too hot. No relief from the hot summer sun if you have to jump into a hot swimming pool.

Our room number was 390 ocean view beautiful view BUT they decided to paint the room next door and our room was filled with the smell of paint. I called to complain Why in the world would you paint that room at the risk of putting us through an inconvenience?

Wifi is 15.00 per day or 5 days for 50.00 their internet is very very slow

Do yourself a favor do not stay at this resort it's not worth what they charge.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
I apologize that you were not pleased with your 4 days visit, and I would also like to apologize that you were not pleased with our Manager on Duty that you spoke with. I will be happy to speak with you about your experience, please feel free to contact me at redessociales@hotelessolaris.com at your earliest conveinece to discuss.

^G

Been to Royal Solaris Los Cabos? Share your experiences!