“Great trip!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Royal Solaris Los Cabos

You added Royal Solaris Los Cabos to your Saves list
Royal Solaris Los Cabos
3.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Blvd. San Jose | Campo de Golf, San Jose del Cabo 23410, Mexico   |
Offers & Announcements
Package Deal
Ranked #21 of 37 Hotels in San Jose del Cabo
Langley, Canada
“Great trip!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013 via mobile

This is my fourth trip to mexico in the past 7 years and by far the best hotel overall :) it is a timeshare property but the sales team was not high pressure at all. The service was excellent and the food was pretty good overall. The only place we had poor service was one of the alacarte restaurants interestingly. It was the italian one and we were unimpressed enough to not leave a tip. The beach service for drinks was exceptional!!! There was often an issue with finding loungers as people were getting up early and saving multiples so they had a choice throughout the day on where they wanted to move! I think if you havent used your chair in over an hour it should be up for grabs. The entertainment in the theatre nightly was very poor! Dancers were always scantily clad and that seemed to be their gimmick with very little else going for them. We were def disappointed with that. Overall it was a good holiday with the pros out weighing the cons and we would go back again!!

Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Sol H, Social Media Manager at Royal Solaris Los Cabos, responded to this review, November 21, 2013
Thanks for sharing the good things about your stay and also for all your suggestions. We regret any inconvenience you had during your stay

Thank you for your valuable comments. You'll always be welcome at our hotel do not hesitate to visit us once again.

^G

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (905)
Philomath, Oregon
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

At check in we were told our room was not ready, we were not given the room we were told we were getting.( A garden view) Instead we got a 4th floor corner street view. Had only one towel and no hand towels and no wash rags. Had a wet Royal Solaris bath rob laying on the frig. Shower had no hot water pressure and after 4 calls to fix it still was never fixed in six day stay. Bathroom sink would not drain and after a call to fix while we were out of the room, we returned to find a wad of hair and gunk laying on the counter. Very poor room. Most of the service at the bars and eateries was very slow. Took 2 hours for our meal at the Italian. All of the food was the same at every meal and became very boring. The main pool had a scum on it every day.
Management is trying to force guests into joining their gold club AKA time share in order to get better rooms and service. Not from me, we will never go back to Royal Solaris ever again or to any Solaris for that matter.

Room Tip: Don't go
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
We regret any inconvenience you had during your stay. Unfortunately our hotel was full on the days of your stay, so it was impossible to give you another room, we would loved to please you, but we are pleased to know that not everything was bad.
Thank you for your valuable comments, we value your opinion. You'll always be welcome here :)

Williams Lake, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

We stayed here for a week recently. The front desk staff was less than desirable and not at all helpful. We traveled with friends and booked on the same reservation asking for rooms next to one another. When we arrived I asked about this, and was told that I could stay in the room they assigned me for the first night and then move the next night to a room with one bed and a roll away cot (my daughter was with me) then move again the following night etc until something closer opened up. I said no it's fine we will stay in the room they assigned, the reaction I got was that of irritation. Once we got up to our room I located safe and being my first time there I thought it was broken, so I called the front desk about it and was informed that I would have to go back down to rent a lock for the safe for $1.00/day. The cost I was fine with, the fact I had to go back down to get it, instead of it being mentioned at check in irritated me. I found this was the case for many things. When checking in I had offered my credit card, but was told no they did not need it. Then found out later on that I needed it registered at the front desk if I wanted to be able to use the phone, if I wanted to upgrade my meal at one of the restaurants, or if I wanted wifi which was $15/day or $70 for the week, but was only good for one device. I opted for no wifi as I figured I was on vacation and didn't need it anyway.

The rest of the staff was super friendly and attentive. Manuel at the breakfast buffet was a fabulous waiter. He remembered us and would ask questions about things we had told him we were going to do previously. I am not a morning person and he made my mornings bearable!

The entertainment staff definately did a good job as well. They really work hard there, by the pool all day then during the evening as well! Humourous and energetic!

The bar staff, well, they definately kept us happy and were always smiling no matter how busy it got.

Then at the end of our trip once again the front desk staff left something to be desired.

Room Tip: We were on the left side of the hotel facing another resort and over the maintenance area, was noisy...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us and also for your suggestions. We apologize for the inconvenience during your stay, we check our check-in procedure to ensure that this cannot happen again in the future.
Thanks for alerting us of what happened. We hope to see you soon, you will always be welcome in Royal Solaris Los Cabos

Crofton, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

The resort itself was very nice! Clean, beautiful grounds, beautiful pool. This was our first time to this resort and we were not members! This resort caters to EXCLUSIVE MEMBERS" and as we were not part of the " group" kinda felt a lil discriminated!.. They had two special dinners during our week and the one on the beach would have loved to participate in but we're unable as needed a special invitation???? Tried to get into restaurants but unless we wanted a 9:30 pm reservation we could never get in... Would phone at 9:02 in the am too!!! So we ate at the buffets mostly which we had no complaints. Always a wide variety!!! There is a Italian restaurant outside the resort down the street a lil which was EXCELLENT if u get tired of buffet! Highly recommend:) we enjoyed the beautiful beach once we figured out how to get a chair?... All in all we enjoyed our vacation but next time will probably look at a different resort!..upon checkout they tried to charge us for a broken coffee maker that we never even used!!!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at Royal Solaris Los Cabos.
Receive an apologize for the inconvenient about the check-out issue.

We wish to have you as our guest soon.
Alberta
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

Hummm where to start.... Let me start by saying I am not picky and generally not a complainer in my reviews. We have stayed all over the world from 1* to 5*. I can Honestly say I've stayed in lesser Hotels rating wise and found my experiences far better then I did at Royal Solaris. First lets start by saying there isn't allot of "Royal" about this resort. BUT I will say we had a great time minus a few things! What made our experience was the company and not so much the resort. Iam pretty sure actually my review may have been worse had we gone alone.
While The resort was clean and the staff for the most part were friendly it is lacking on a lot of things. It is a majority timeshare property and it is VERY clear they carter to there timeshare holders. WE WERE NOT harassed in the slightest which is a great thing indeed. BUT they had special invite only functions for timeshare people and we were made to witness these events from a far. What I did notice is the division in treatment. everyone had different color bands that of course meant different things. Unfortunate for the timeshare people was the huge line ups they had to endure for there "Free" invitation only meals/shows! They also had to pay $80 a day for the all inclusive option which in my opinion is certainly NOT worth it. I do understand a cheaper rate can be found on line. And I am sure if u bought the ultra timeshare u get all inclusive????

The food is second rate at best. Greasy and bland. No change up and tones of left overs served, likely from the members only meals???? Don't get me wrong there's plenty of food and something for everyone.
I have 3 complaints which in the grand scheme of things ... Are they really that bad? Probably not but things to know I guess. The beach bar is only open until 6pm weird. And the main bartender certainly does NOT like his job, Wasn't just with me he was a bit snarky with everyone including staff, and terribly inconsistent with his drink making skills. the upside was you never knew what flavour your drink would be. LOL! With the beach bar closing at 6 it left the only other option being the lobby bar which is loud and non smoking. I certainly agree to the non smoking esp being as it is actually in the hotel and closed off, However there are no chairs or tables set up out side the loby doors so u have to stand outside to smoke. No where to play cards or talk in the night air. An easy solution in our opinion. Although I will say the lobby bar staff are much happier and there drinks are supreme.
Secondly the room although nice enough the beds are HARD!!!!!!!!! but more over I realize no guarantees can be made but when u book with friends at least put them on the same floor esp when a request is made before hand. they told us they were full upon arrival and all rooms taken ??? Really funny as they don't assign rooms until you get there and new people were put right across our friends with in hrs. How hard would it have been to give us that room and put the new folks in our old room???
We moved rooms twice as they weren't to our liking (bad view and smell) I was on a mission honestly to find a closer room and prove my theory they had spare rooms, but yet they were full weird. They did pull threw 2 days later and gave us a room beside our friends. We also had to pay for a lock for our safe. It was a $7 weekly charge which is fine but really?
The beach is nice waters un swim able. You can certainly splash in the waves but don't go to far out a bit scary! the pool was never full and the adult pool was honestly a joke. It was more like the geriatric pool tiny, no swim up and kids all around chatting to grandparents.
Wifi is NOT free although it says its open I believe our friends pd 70 US for a week. It was decent and only dropped a few times. Tv was in English on about half the channels. everything close walking distance, main market about 15 mins away past cemetery and golf club. taxi is $7 in town. It is expensive in san José and no need to exchange ur money they take it all Canadian, US and pesos. Although front desk only takes credit card no cash. If you plan to have a nap and denied the cleaning staff unplug your phone, They called 3 times to make sure we didn't need the room cleaned?
The gift shop is actually fairly cheap and the peddlers on the beach can and will be widdled down but be careful you don't pay to much for fake silver.
We rented a jeep which was fantastic well worth the $180 for 2 days and perfectly safe and great roads. Do NOT take the tour to Hotel California it is a waste of money and a long drive on the bus. We took the jeep, Although a beautiful drive along the coast line and the chance to say you actually drove the Baja it was honestly a let down. the only thing keeping that small village alive is the small Hotel and the small vendors along the street are very unwilling to deal.
Cabo is a 20 min drive and you can take a taxi or bus it is well worth the trip. The arches/lands end is fantastic and a beautiful swim able beach's. We went on the glass bottom boat. a let down honestly as they considered 2 holes about 2 ft wide a glass bottom with no view a fantastic deal lol hardly a glass bottom boat. BUT we pd $12 each with a extra $2 each dock fee and basically it was our private boat and an excellent guide who offered to drop us off on lovers beach and then pick us up again when ever we needed. Apparently there are cheaper tours BUT honestly it was well worth the $12 as it was our own private tour and no waiting. We found the tour on the marina. The shopping is fabulous by the marina tones of markets and parking. Will stay right in Cabo next time.
So in the end we had a great time and loved Cabo BUT will likely NOT stay at Royal Solaris again unless we get a deal under $800. It does appear that the majority of the properties in and around Cabo are timeshares or condos. There is a walmart and costco. I will do more research if we do return But in all honesty Cancun is where my heart is.

San Diego, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

Just got back tonight...and breathing a sigh of relief. This was definitely not the vacation I had expected. I've been to Cabo several times before. This experience was by far the worse. The hotel itself is old and outdated with poor plumbing that makes for a less than pleasant smelling room. The food was 50% inedible. The front desk staff, one word-RUDE. The concierge more of a used car salesman approach than anything else. If you don't want a timeshare they're not gonna help you with anything. The pools were average, but I prefer the beach. If you want a strong drink make sure you ask for a double. Other than that it's your typical all inclusive, not the Walmart of hotels, but definitely Sears/Target.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Oak Lawn, Illinois, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

We just returned, this resort is defiantly affordable for an all inclusive. Lots of buffets and yet the staff is amazing with their attention to each person. The views are spectacular.
The staff again is the best ever. Yanet Carieia in the Lobby Bar remembers who you are year to year and night to night for the selection of drinks, and shes fast!
Victor in the restaurants is the best manager we have ever encounterd, so accomedating and full of information on the area. His waiters are the best as well.

Room Tip: you see a sunrise with rooms on the west side
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Royal Solaris Los Cabos? Share your experiences!