We went to the Royal Solaris Aug 31- Sept 7 2013. Let me start by saying the service is amazing from the wait staff,to housekeeping and our westjet contact was amazing. We found Los Cabos to be a bit more expensive than other parts of Mexico. For the same price you can get a better resort and rooms in other parts of Mexico. The resort is smaller and the grounds are nice and well kept. However it is an older resort and the rooms are OK. Beware the concierge and club solaris they are Timeshares. The beach is beautiful but you cannot swim in the ocean because of the undertows. Since no water activities are offered at the resort there is less to do at the resort.
For more details please read on:
Food -During our stay every night half of the restaurants were closed so there was a limited selection. Twice a week they had a parties you had to pay and extra $45 - 55USD and the restaurants were closed. The buffet food was average and there was not a lot of selection we usually ended up finding something we liked. That meant we kept eating the same salad for most of our time there, There is also a snack bar that is open when the breakfast buffet is closed. Breakfast buffet was pretty good they had an omlette and waffle station. Lunch and supper buffets usually had a pasta station or a roast station. Make sure to read their schedule to see what's open that night.
Rooms - we paid extra for an partial oceanview. We found out other couples just got upgraded and did not pay the extra cost as the hotel was at 50% capacity. The room had a big king sized bed and the view was nice but the room and hotel itself is old. The rooms were a bit worn and the bed was hard. We did get free champagne in our room a couple of times which was nice. The bar was always fully stocked with 4 bottles of water, pop and 4 cans of Tecate beer. The housekeeping was amazing and sometimes made little towel animals.
Pools - it is a smaller resort so there is one main activities pool, a smaller quieter adult only pool next to a hot tub, and a kids pool on the other side of the building. They offer beach volleyball and other activities like aqua-size and games daily. The one day we had a tropical storm the activities staff offered zumba and other games at the lobby they worked hard!
Excursions - we went into San Jose $7 USD cab ride each way or you can walk 20 min or take the bus for $1USD. We enjoyed a $30US excursion which included our transport to and from Cabos San Lucas and the water taxi to the Arch. They drop you off on Pelican beach where you can swim as long as you want. They had several different pick up times. They did a tequila tasting afterwards and you can hang around Cabos San Lucas and check out the different shops while you are there.
We did take the free 20 minute photography session. They had said it was $15 a picture when we came back for the pictures the package was $800 but they had a great deal for us only $500 that day. We ended up only paying for a few pics for $15 a picture but they keep the rest of your pictures and it looks like pictures people didn't pay for are being displayed around the hotel as advertising.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- All-Inclusive family beachfront resort with 387 rooms in a Mexican hacienda-style, located in san Jose del Cabo, Mexico. Royal Solaris Los Cabos offers unlimited meal and beverages in our 5 restaurants, Room service (delivery fee), Dinner show at Tehuacan Theater, 4 bars, 3 pools with heather system (including relaxes & kids pools), Business center, Spa and beauty salon ($), Steam room, fitness center, hospitality rooms, on site shops. Other services include 24 hr medical service (on call) ($). Shuttle service to Cabo San Lucas ($). Weekly activities program for all ages. Tennis and basketball courts, also beach volleyball court. Theme parties and dinner shows. Junior's club (video games). Live and ambient music at the lobby bar. Kids club & Mini Water park. Scuba diving demo at the diving pool. Meeting room facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Orbitz, BookIt.com, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your Royal Solaris Los Cabos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Solaris Los Cabos Hotel San Jose Del Cabo
- Royal Solaris Cabo San Lucas
- Los Cabos Solaris
- Los Cabos Royal Solaris
- Royal Solaris Los Cabos San Jose Del Cabo