Very bad expereience at this place !! One comes for a vacation, but the stay was anything but a 'vacation'. Very rude behaviour from the front desk associate Laurent, has no concept of 'customer service'. The moment you arrive, check in and get your keys, you are handed over to someone called a 'concierge', who is supposed to 'show you the Hotel'. Hoever they sit you down and unmindful of the fact that you have just arrived from a long flight and need to lie down, start to browbeat you with all kinds of offers, to get you to attend their 'Club Solaris Presentation'. The presentation is a very high pressure selling tactic that requires a real expert to run out of there. There will be a series of 'Managers' that will come and beat you down to sign 'now'. So BEWARE NOT TO EVEN GET INTO A CONVERSATION WITH A SO CALLED 'CONCIERGE'-OTHERWISE YOUR ENTIRE VACATION WILL BE DESTROYED AS THEY KEEP STALKING YOU WHERE EVER YOU GO.
The resort had no idea of what a vacation resort should be. Too much noise, not caused by guests or kids, but by the landscaping crew that start their machines at 7:00am, knowing very well that people are on vacation and would like to sleep in. Music being played everywhere is loud and anxiety causing rather than soothing music needed at a resort. Food choices are terrible to say the least, nothing to eat for people who don't eat meat, and they are unwilling to make an adjustment per your requests. The MCs at the entertainment programs are loud and keep on hooting ''ooohs and aaahs' quite like Orangutans in a Brazilian jungle. Inspite of the fact that 90% of the guests are from overseas, they insist on doing everything in Spanish which is a stupid idea to say the least. The only saving grace is the staff in Cafe Solaris, who actually smile and go out of their way to assist guests.There is no sign of any 'Management' anywhere asking as to how we are doing and if they could do anything to make to stay comfortable. Location of Cafe Solaris has a great view of the sea which is very calming but non stop loud anxiety causing music counters everything. Other facilities are mediocre, the jaccuzi in the spa has 'warm' water instead of being hot. Rooms are very sparse, so called 'Ocean View' is a misnomer, views are blocked by palm trees and even if you want to just sun in the balcony, loud non stop bantering by some 'activity co-ordinator' by the pool does not allow you to relax.
The resort has absolutely no idea what a vacation resort should be. This was our first and last visit and we DO NOT RECOMMEND ANYONE TO GO THERE EVEN IF IT ISOFFERRED FREE. There is no point going for a vacation and come back with tons of anxiety. Stay away from Royal Solaris, there are so many other places, cheaper and better.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- All-Inclusive family beachfront resort with 387 rooms in a Mexican hacienda-style, located in san Jose del Cabo, Mexico. Royal Solaris Los Cabos offers unlimited meal and beverages in our 5 restaurants, Room service (delivery fee), Dinner show at Tehuacan Theater, 4 bars, 3 pools with heather system (including relaxes & kids pools), Business center, Spa and beauty salon ($), Steam room, fitness center, hospitality rooms, on site shops. Other services include 24 hr medical service (on call) ($). Shuttle service to Cabo San Lucas ($). Weekly activities program for all ages. Tennis and basketball courts, also beach volleyball court. Theme parties and dinner shows. Junior's club (video games). Live and ambient music at the lobby bar. Kids club & Mini Water park. Scuba diving demo at the diving pool. Meeting room facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Tingo, Travelocity, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Hotels.com, BookingOdigeoWL, BookIt.com, Agoda and Venere so you can book your Royal Solaris Los Cabos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Solaris Los Cabos Hotel San Jose Del Cabo
- Royal Solaris Cabo San Lucas
- Los Cabos Solaris
- Los Cabos Royal Solaris
- Royal Solaris Los Cabos San Jose Del Cabo