“Would go back again for same deal! Good overall!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Royal Solaris Los Cabos

Save Saved
You added Royal Solaris Los Cabos to your Saves list
Royal Solaris Los Cabos
3.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Blvd. San Jose | Campo de Golf, San Jose del Cabo 23410, Mexico   |
Ranked #21 of 39 hotels in San Jose del Cabo
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Would go back again for same deal! Good overall!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

Just spent a week at Royal Solaris. It was a very good vacation!
First thing... they will assign you a concierge when you arrive. I would suggest calling ahead and requesting Alejandro (Alex) to be your concierge. I have never in all my travels received the level of service that we received from Alejandro. He genuinely cares about guests and goes above and beyond to make sure you enjoy your stay. (Leave him a nice tip at the end of your stay!)

The only negative that I can think of is that the rooms could use a little updating but overall, the resort is very clean and well taken care of and the staff was courteous and professional. If I could get the same deal again, we would go back to Solaris. We felt very safe everywhere in San Jose and San Lucas!! No problem if you don’t speak Spanish!! They take any currency!!

The all-inclusive food is decent, not 5-star restaurant quality, but good and there is plenty of it. We were tired of eating by the end of the week. There are buffets that are open most of the day and there are a couple restaurants that, even though are included, require reservations (We were too busy enjoying ourselves to make reservations but if you want to, call 9am the day of). The all-inclusive drinks (almost 30 different ones) are not poured very heavy but it is better that way unless you want to be hammered all day….. You can get shots if you really want to get hammered. (You will notice that time share members there have gold wrist bands. They get some additional perks that regular guests don’t but I didn’t find it to be anything that left me feeling slighted).

Keep in mind that when you book that “Ocean View” means that you can see the sea (maybe from an angle from your balcony). The best rooms are “Ocean Front” and cost a little more. We had a Ocean View room on the top floor above the lobby and looked out over the pools and directly to the sea (we enjoyed it). There were rooms below us with slightly larger balconies that had hot tubs. Many of the rooms have two double beds so just know that you may have to select between a king bed and a view (I don’t recommend spending enough time in the room to be worried about the view!!)

If you are just going to relax and enjoy a few activities, I would not suggest renting a car. We used the shuttle service by “Transcabo” at the airport. They had all nice new vans. Royal Solaris is not that far from the airport. There are busses, cabs, shuttle vans, etc… very reasonable in price and easy to find and all the drivers we had were courteous!

Royal Solaris is in San Jose Del Cabo which is north of San Lucas and is a little more quite (both San Jose and San Lucas together are referred to as “Los Cabos”). You can grab a cab (van) down to San Lucas for about $20 (If you purchase an activity down in San Lucas, like snorkeling, sometimes the ride is included). Most beaches in Los Cabos have undercurrents so be a little careful when swimming. There are a couple cove beaches that are supposed to be calmer. You can catch a cab to one of them but we just chilled where we were. The sea water was nice!!! Get up just before sunrise and you may see baby sea turtles or stingrays riding the waves!!

We did the dinner cruise on the SunRider out of the San Lucas Marina. The crew was fun, the sunset was beautiful, the food was okay (we paid $10 each to add a lobster tail) and the views were great. We did the couples massage (beach front) and it was very good.

We also did the Dolphin Swim at Dolphin Discovery at the marina in San Jose Del Cabo, just minutes from Solaris ( I booked that one ahead of time on line and got a two for one special). The staff there was great, the Dolphins are amazing. The photo package they offer at the end is $100 for the CD. We bought it. It was worth every penny.

Time share sales are everywhere in Los Cabos. When you come through customs at the airport, unless you want to get some free activities, ignore the people that are in the next room and make your way directly outside and look for someone with something that ID’s them as being with your shuttle service. The folks just outside of customs will act like they are there to help you but they just want to sign you up for a time share presentation. We did the time share tour at Royal Solaris. They offered us a few incentives to compensate us. We don’t get to vacation regularly and so the time share wasn’t going to work for us but I could see how it might work for someone else.

If you are getting a good all-inclusive deal for Royal Solaris, do it.

Room Tip: Just understand that "Ocean View" means that you can see the ocean (Sea of Cortez) from so...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Solaris H, Social Media Manager at Royal Solaris Los Cabos, responded to this review, December 8, 2012
Thank you for your reviewing Royal Solaris Los Cabos. Please know that we value comments like yours as we use them to better the overall guest experience. We are in the process of renovation of rooms, so we hope you can come back when its finished!

Warm Regards,

3,064 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (713)
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

We love the site, we feel at home and had great service from all personel at the hotel, Mauro and Luis as servers in the restaurants and Jorge as a beverage server on the beach and at the pool went above and beyond. We have been 3 times and will return again. If you want to relax in a safe environment, this is your place.

Room Tip: In three visits we have stayed in three different areas and were happy with each area.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Solaris H, Social Media Manager at Royal Solaris Los Cabos, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
It is so important for us to know our guest’s opinions and realize that we, as a team, are accomplishing our most important mission, which is exceeding our guest’s expectations.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and experiences at trip advisor; for us, all our guests are unique and each one of you are the most important one and our intention is to make you feel that way.

Hope to see you again!

Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

My husband and my two kids (4 and 5) just returned from our trip to Cabo at the Royal Solaris. It so exceeded our expectations. Some of the reviews on here are very harsh, and I understand that it is based on some poor experiences that we simply did not have.

First of all, the staff is incredibly friendly and welcoming. The resort itself is really nice, and while it's not a five star resort, it's still kept up very well and is extremely clean. It has a beautiful garden area, very nice pools, and is literally right against a gorgeous beach. The vendors on the beach weren't nearly as pushy as I thought they would be, and they only get to you if you cross past the resort line.

The food wasn't bad at all! I expected not to like the food, and instead really enjoyed it. The buffet meals, are buffets. Buffet food can never equate to made-to-order food, but there was a nice variety to the food, always some good Mexican options (like fajitas), and seemed fresh. Even the fish dishes were good. The breakfast was the best, with the made to order omelettes, pancakes and waffles, etc. And, as everyone has mentioned on here, Lucy, the Omelette cook is delightful. But, my favorite part of the restaurants were their locations, right next to the beach. You can't beat sitting right next to the ocean, while having a meal.

The a la carte restaurants were fine. I give an "A" for effort. The menus are not extensive at all, and food was okay. My husband and I love to dine out at home, and are somewhat picky, so we might be a little over critical here. The presentation of the meals were nice, and the service was again really good.

The only criticism I really have is the drinks. Like many others, I am certain they were watered down and no top shelf options really at all. But, the had plenty of Tecate, and the wine was okay (not great). But, if you hope to feel anything from a pina colada, don't get your hopes up.

Lastly, if you have kids, this place is excellent. Their water park was so much fun for our children. It seems pretty safe and it wasn't too crowded, and the kids just squealed with delight the whole time they were playing there.

The only show I saw, was also really good. Again, totally exceeded my expectations. It was the Mexican Show and the dancers were fantastic and the mariachi band was amazing. One guy did a violin solo that deserved a standing ovation.

The rooms were fine. You can't expect a 5 star-type of room, but they were decent. Huge balcony. Hard beds, yes, but liveable. And again, I commend the cleaning staff on how well they cleaned our rooms. They were spotless.

Anyway, overall we fully enjoyed ourselves. We had used a Groupon and found that the value for the Royal Solaris is great, especially if you have children.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
I am so glad to hear from you and I wish to thank you for taking the time to share your comments about your stay with us at Royal Solaris Los Cabos, I am delighted to read your positives comments, thank you for giving us the opportunity of being your host. I will happily share your comments with all our staff.

Warm Regards,

watson, sk.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

Our first time at Cabo and the Royal Solaris. We were very pleased.
It is small enough to be friendly yet has everyting we needed.
Thanks to the staff especially Dee, Armando, Martin, Paco and Anna plus many more.
Thanks for two weeks of perfect weather and fun.

Room Tip: Room upgrades provide a better balcony, better view and larger space
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
We are so grateful for considering Royal Solaris Los Cabos as your favorite destination. Thank you so much for your positive comments on our staff.

Saskatoon, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

We traveled from Edmonton with another couple. We heard positive things about this resort from a friend , so we decided to stay here. We enjoyed ourselves, the weather was amazing, not a cloud in the sky! Our room was hotel-like and the housekeeper always had it sparkling clean.We left her a tip-bag full of items and money. She would make pretty designs out of our towels on our bed. A nice added touch, since it was our anniversary. We got up around 7am every morning to get a chair by the pool, otherwise there were not chairs available and you would have to go sit on the beach. I was quite annoyed by the peddlers on the beach. They couldn't cross over the rope on the beach, so if you lay on the beach chairs closer to the ocean, they would come right up to you and try to sell you ANYTHING. At times the security would leave the beach, and the peddlers would cross the rope and bug the heck out of you!
The beach was beautiful, saw crabs and some sea shells. The water was warm and flecks of gold filled the sand, so pretty. Please don't go into the Ocean to swim! A couple of people had to be rescued during the time we were there (Thanksgiving /American). We took a tour to San Lucas $30 per person for a Glass Bottom Boat ride to the Arch's, included Tequila tasting and shopping, it was suppose to be 3 hours. But some lady had to use the restroom so that took up most of our time, walking to the mall to use the restroom, so we did the tequila tasting first. They just take you to a souvenir shop in the mall and you get to taste 3 diff types, then we got on our boat which was not totally glass bottom, just 2 little windows on the bottom. They took us to Lovers Beach, Divorce Beach and the Arches. it was so beautiful! We saw sea lions and pelicans and all colors of tropical fish. I would recommend to get dropped off at lovers beach, it's beautiful. You can actually swim on that beach. This tour included transportation to and from the hotel, some did not. We didn't get to go shop at the end and I was very disappointing. We ran out of time. We did, however go into San Jose to the Markets. It was beautiful! although the markets were not cheap and they all looked the same. Different than markets in Playa Del Carman or Cancun (I liked them better).
We walked to Mega which was a 20 min walk from our resort, it wasn't cheap and I found no type of souvenirs in that huge store. The one in Cancun had a huge area. The have a Starbucks and McDonald's in that strip mall where Mega is located. If you forget your travel mug to keep your cervesa cold, buy one at Mega, because they give you small Styrofoam cups at the bar at Royal Solaris, this was also a huge disappointment. Otherwise, the outdoor bars had pictures of all their fancy drinks, which was a bonus! Our bartender was Ariel Perez, he was amazing. He was so humorous and always knew how to keep us entertained and our drinks full. Make sure you go visit him at the swim up bar, he might give you a Cookie (shot) or two. Our Welcome Agent was Alex , he was awesome. He answered all our questions and made us feel so welcomed. We had a massage on the beach in front of our resort. It was very relaxing, but not at all firm. We paid $85 US for a couples massage for 60 minutes. My husband didn't enjoy it, said it wasn't firm enough. Across the street there is a masseuse for $40 for 60 minutes. We weren't comfortable to go out of our resort so we decided to stay and have one on the beach:)
Lucy the omelet lady was amazing, her smile infectious and her voice amazing. always singing! we missed her on our last day. Make sure you tip her! she will never forget you. We also had Ramone as a server, he was so friendly and always smiling. He never forgot to come ask us for a drink! Our breakfast server was alfredo, he was so accommodating and friendly.Thanks for the great service everyone! it was amazing. There was hardly any female servers, mostly men. We witnessed Thanksgiving Fireworks on the beach. It was spectacular! 15 minutes of amazing light show! WE also sat at the Members Only Caribbean Night. It wasn't very Caribbean, the music wasn't at all and neither was the food. They had a amazing fire show and great entertainers. Glad we didn't pay $50 for that. We also got to go to the Tiki Night on the beach. That was fun! The supper's began to all taste the same. It was good, but i suggest go to Shooters in San Lucas, owned by a Calgary couple. You can get a $1.15 corona and delicious burger and homemade fries. they showed cfl on all their screens.
I know I should be mentioning more of our friends we met and servers, I can't remember them all, they were soo friendly! Thank you and we would definitely return and bring our children! It looked like all the kids were having fun. The watersides and kids club looked amazing. Psl the entertainers always had something fun happening at the pool. My favorite is when they would have large costumes for us tourists to put on and race..like dora and woody..lol
thanks for the memories Royal Solaris! You put a smile on my face , sun on my shoulders and pictures to share here at home.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 3rd floor, above the outdoor water fountain, it was beautiful to keep our patio doo...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
The entire staff at Royal Solaris Los Cabos will always extend a cordial welcome to this hotel, We will do our best to serve you with the excellence you deserve, our commitment is to meet and exceed your expectations and special requirements to make of this stay your best VACATION ever. And put special attention in all the details for your total comfort.

Thank you again for expressing your opinion and for giving us the opportunity of being your host, needless to say that we will be more than happy to welcome you in your next visit here at Royal Solaris Los Cabos.

Regards,

Grand Forks, North Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

This will be our 4th time going to Cabo and staying at the Royal Solaris. Actually twice within one year. We are going December 8th again. We can not wait! Everything from the food, rooms, especially the staff are great!! I will comment again when we return.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Solaris H, Social Media Manager at Royal Solaris Los Cabos, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
Thank you for the amazing review! We love reading reading comments like yours. Thank you for the fantastic comments about our service and staff. We are glad that you enjoyed.
We look forward to welcoming you back to Royal Solaris upon your return to Los Cabos.

Surrey, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

We were at Royal Solaris from Nov.20-27th... From start to finish, we had a great time. Service was fantastic. This hotel is very clean. The beds... well they were not the most comfortable, but better than other stays in Mexico. The Food was pretty fair. We always had a huge selection of fresh and cooked foods to choose from as well as restaurant ala carte, and snack bars... they even had food cooked right by the beach... Our service by the beach .. our waiter Ramon, was exceptional... Drinks were good... would be nice to have colder beer by the beach .. or can beer.
The pools were busy, lots of family and children... if you want quieter... just go to adult/quite area.
all in all we felt we had great value and a great stay and would recommend this hotel
Murray and Marion .. Surrey B.C.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your review and appreciation for Royal Solaris Los Cabos.
It seems that you enjoyed your stay and for that, we are truly grateful.
Regarding the beds you mention, we are giving this situation to the manager.
It would be our pleasure to welcome you back again and we hope it’s soon!

^G

Been to Royal Solaris Los Cabos? Share your experiences!