Just spent a week at Royal Solaris. It was a very good vacation!
First thing... they will assign you a concierge when you arrive. I would suggest calling ahead and requesting Alejandro (Alex) to be your concierge. I have never in all my travels received the level of service that we received from Alejandro. He genuinely cares about guests and goes above and beyond to make sure you enjoy your stay. (Leave him a nice tip at the end of your stay!)
The only negative that I can think of is that the rooms could use a little updating but overall, the resort is very clean and well taken care of and the staff was courteous and professional. If I could get the same deal again, we would go back to Solaris. We felt very safe everywhere in San Jose and San Lucas!! No problem if you don’t speak Spanish!! They take any currency!!
The all-inclusive food is decent, not 5-star restaurant quality, but good and there is plenty of it. We were tired of eating by the end of the week. There are buffets that are open most of the day and there are a couple restaurants that, even though are included, require reservations (We were too busy enjoying ourselves to make reservations but if you want to, call 9am the day of). The all-inclusive drinks (almost 30 different ones) are not poured very heavy but it is better that way unless you want to be hammered all day….. You can get shots if you really want to get hammered. (You will notice that time share members there have gold wrist bands. They get some additional perks that regular guests don’t but I didn’t find it to be anything that left me feeling slighted).
Keep in mind that when you book that “Ocean View” means that you can see the sea (maybe from an angle from your balcony). The best rooms are “Ocean Front” and cost a little more. We had a Ocean View room on the top floor above the lobby and looked out over the pools and directly to the sea (we enjoyed it). There were rooms below us with slightly larger balconies that had hot tubs. Many of the rooms have two double beds so just know that you may have to select between a king bed and a view (I don’t recommend spending enough time in the room to be worried about the view!!)
If you are just going to relax and enjoy a few activities, I would not suggest renting a car. We used the shuttle service by “Transcabo” at the airport. They had all nice new vans. Royal Solaris is not that far from the airport. There are busses, cabs, shuttle vans, etc… very reasonable in price and easy to find and all the drivers we had were courteous!
Royal Solaris is in San Jose Del Cabo which is north of San Lucas and is a little more quite (both San Jose and San Lucas together are referred to as “Los Cabos”). You can grab a cab (van) down to San Lucas for about $20 (If you purchase an activity down in San Lucas, like snorkeling, sometimes the ride is included). Most beaches in Los Cabos have undercurrents so be a little careful when swimming. There are a couple cove beaches that are supposed to be calmer. You can catch a cab to one of them but we just chilled where we were. The sea water was nice!!! Get up just before sunrise and you may see baby sea turtles or stingrays riding the waves!!
We did the dinner cruise on the SunRider out of the San Lucas Marina. The crew was fun, the sunset was beautiful, the food was okay (we paid $10 each to add a lobster tail) and the views were great. We did the couples massage (beach front) and it was very good.
We also did the Dolphin Swim at Dolphin Discovery at the marina in San Jose Del Cabo, just minutes from Solaris ( I booked that one ahead of time on line and got a two for one special). The staff there was great, the Dolphins are amazing. The photo package they offer at the end is $100 for the CD. We bought it. It was worth every penny.
Time share sales are everywhere in Los Cabos. When you come through customs at the airport, unless you want to get some free activities, ignore the people that are in the next room and make your way directly outside and look for someone with something that ID’s them as being with your shuttle service. The folks just outside of customs will act like they are there to help you but they just want to sign you up for a time share presentation. We did the time share tour at Royal Solaris. They offered us a few incentives to compensate us. We don’t get to vacation regularly and so the time share wasn’t going to work for us but I could see how it might work for someone else.
If you are getting a good all-inclusive deal for Royal Solaris, do it.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Solaris Los Cabos Hotel San Jose Del Cabo
- Royal Solaris
- Royal Solaris Cabo
- Royal Solaris Los Cabos Hotel
- Royal Solaris Cabo San Lucas
- Los Cabos Solaris
- Los Cabos Royal Solaris
- Royal Solaris Los Cabos Resort Spa
- Royal Solaris Los Cabos San Jose Del Cabo
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- All-Inclusive family beachfront resort with 387 rooms in a Mexican hacienda-style, located in san Jose del Cabo, Mexico. Royal Solaris Los Cabos offers unlimited meal and beverages in our 5 restaurants, Room service (delivery fee), Dinner show at Tehuacan Theater, 4 bars, 3 pools with heather system (including relaxes & kids pools), Business center, Spa and beauty salon ($), Steam room, fitness center, hospitality rooms, on site shops. Other services include 24 hr medical service (on call) ($). Shuttle service to Cabo San Lucas ($). Weekly activities program for all ages. Tennis and basketball courts, also beach volleyball court. Theme parties and dinner shows. Junior's club (video games). Live and ambient music at the lobby bar. Kids club & Mini Water park. Scuba diving demo at the diving pool. Meeting room facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Priceline, Tingo and Otel so you can book your Royal Solaris Los Cabos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.