This is your typical 4 star resort in a perfect location, catering to families with kids and Seniors. Just a 20 min walk to their historic downtown area with plenty of shopping and restaurants to choose from. There are Timeshare reps here, but they never bothered us once. We got an awesome deal ! Under $888 each with tax. I would not pay more for this resort.
Rooms: Nothing special but very clean. The beds are firm and comfortable to sleep on. Maid service was excellent and we tipped every day. If you want an iron, you need to request one. Also, if you would like to use their in room safe you have to pay $1 per day. We only had a shower, which always had hot water. There is room service, but again you will have to pay $5 per use. The shrimp burritos were delicious!
Restaurants: There are 2 restaurants. If you don’t call to book at 9 am every morning, you will have either no reservation or a get crappy time. As we were not getting any luck making reservations, we did eat out in the town 2 times for dinner. We highly recommend “Habanero’s Gastro & Grill” and make sure you order their surf and turf. I felt like I died and went to heaven it was so good. Also, ate at “La Panga Antigua” which was good as well. Our last night, we did manage to get a reservation at “Marco Polo’s” and it was above average. If you want a steak, you will have to pay extra. $12 each. Had the Ribeye and it was pretty good !
Buffet was average with not much selection. The buns were always fresh and melted in your mouth!
Drinks: I liked it that they had a drink menu with lots to choose from! Unfortunately most of the drinks were too sweet for my liking and some had that distinctive taste of “Splender” sweetener in them. Gross. I feel that is something they should disclose to their guests cause not of us want to digest artificial sweeteners. However, I did enjoy their light beer.
Front desk: Check in was simple althrough we did request a King size bed and got 2 doubles instead. No big deal. We had a problem with our bathroom sink not draining and they had if fixed within a couple of hours. They do have internet and WiFi BUT you have to pay extra.
Excursions: We went for Camel rides. It was fun and informative. A little on the pricy side for what you get.
If this resort didn’t nickel and dime their guests, I would bet they would get a better rating as they have a lot of potential. With the exception of a couple of brutal waiters at lunch, the service was outstanding. If you can get a good deal on this resort we would defiantly recommend it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- All-Inclusive family beachfront resort with 387 rooms in a Mexican hacienda-style, located in san Jose del Cabo, Mexico. Royal Solaris Los Cabos offers unlimited meal and beverages in our 5 restaurants, Room service (delivery fee), Dinner show at Tehuacan Theater, 4 bars, 3 pools with heather system (including relaxes & kids pools), Business center, Spa and beauty salon ($), Steam room, fitness center, hospitality rooms, on site shops. Other services include 24 hr medical service (on call) ($). Shuttle service to Cabo San Lucas ($). Weekly activities program for all ages. Tennis and basketball courts, also beach volleyball court. Theme parties and dinner shows. Junior's club (video games). Live and ambient music at the lobby bar. Kids club & Mini Water park. Scuba diving demo at the diving pool. Meeting room facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Hotwire, Despegar.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Royal Solaris Los Cabos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Solaris Los Cabos Hotel San Jose Del Cabo
- Royal Solaris Cabo San Lucas
- Los Cabos Solaris
- Los Cabos Royal Solaris
- Royal Solaris Los Cabos San Jose Del Cabo