I have read about the time share aspect...but never expected that a resort would / could make you feel second class. Time share people and their guests wear gold and yellow bands and get different service. If you had an upgrade, you probably wore a blue band.
Their (time share) breakfast was at a different place, they seem to get better drinks, and a 'gala' supper once a week... there we thought it was set up for a weddding...How stupid can you be??!! Once a week they have a carabian night... be prepared if you want to go.. it will cost you $55 us per person. And they call them selves 'all inclusive'!
Yes the room was clean, and house keeping does a good job of making wonderful 'towel' creatures, yet they were slow. Our room did not get cleaned until 4 pm, eventhough we had the sign on the door.
The food was mediocre at best. I love mohito's, but only got one once, the other times they said they 'run out"!
The beach bar and the pool bar close at 6 pm, and so does the towel hut. The only bar open after that is in the lobby.
Pool.....COLD!!! The ocean was warmer then the pool water.
Also be aware you can not swim in the ocean. It is not recommended and the Hotel is not responsible. We saw 2 guys that were in trouble and if it wasn't for a guy with a surf board jumping in to rescue these 2, they would have drowned. The 'security' just grabbed the 'live saving donut' and run to the edge of the water. They will NOT go in and safe you.
As it was a 'holiday' week for the Americans, "Thanksgiving" the resort was pretty crowded. If you did not 'reserve' your bed on the beach or by the pool by 7 am you were out of luck! We even saw people reserve their seats the night before!
It seems they were set up pretty good for kids though I think. There was a real nice sections just for the little ones, with lots of choices in slides etc.
Dont let the elevator confuse you! Our room was 597, looking out on the street, in the corner on the north west side of the resort, but this is on the '2' floor according to the elevator! The 600 nrs. were on the 3rd floor and the and the 400 nr. on the 1st floor!
Seemed a little confusing!
I used the free wifi in the lobby, that's the only place it works... and it sucked! If you want it in your room it cost US $15 per 24 hrs.
I have never stayed at a 2 star Hotel, but I would not give this resort an3* no way!
The price was good, and we were gone on a side trip for 3 nights during our stay. Glad we were, as I would not have like to have been here for a full week!
- Also Known As:
- Royal Solaris Los Cabos Hotel San Jose Del Cabo
- Royal Solaris
- Royal Solaris Cabo
- Royal Solaris Los Cabos Hotel
- Royal Solaris Cabo San Lucas
- Los Cabos Solaris
- Los Cabos Royal Solaris
- Royal Solaris Los Cabos Resort Spa
- Royal Solaris Los Cabos San Jose Del Cabo
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- All-Inclusive family beachfront resort with 387 rooms in a Mexican hacienda-style, located in san Jose del Cabo, Mexico. Royal Solaris Los Cabos offers unlimited meal and beverages in our 5 restaurants, Room service (delivery fee), Dinner show at Tehuacan Theater, 4 bars, 3 pools with heather system (including relaxes & kids pools), Business center, Spa and beauty salon ($), Steam room, fitness center, hospitality rooms, on site shops. Other services include 24 hr medical service (on call) ($). Shuttle service to Cabo San Lucas ($). Weekly activities program for all ages. Tennis and basketball courts, also beach volleyball court. Theme parties and dinner shows. Junior's club (video games). Live and ambient music at the lobby bar. Kids club & Mini Water park. Scuba diving demo at the diving pool. Meeting room facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Booking.com, Agoda, Venere, Cheap Tickets, EasyToBook, Olotels, Priceline, Stentorian NV, Tingo and HotelsClick so you can book your Royal Solaris Los Cabos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.