We are members of Club Solaris, but this time we traveled through Expedia as prices for the package were so much better. At arrival we were given a room on first floor (beach level) but as soon as we entered it we saw two huge cockroaches on the floor. We were immediately moved to a different floor (fourth floor, which they actually call first floor in the elevator). After coming here 3 times in 5 years it was the worst room and the worst experience.The rooms are old, no changes in five years there too: old AC (loud and never turns off), old TVs, old beds, old furniture, safe - you get a key and have to pay $1/day (unless you are a member)... What a shame. This place desperately needs a renovation.
Internet is terrible, and it is been like that for over FIVE YEARS. It shows that management does not care.
Food is OK - never had a problem with food. It is not Zagat-rated cousine, but made of fresh ingredients and the selection and variety is good. Service in the restaurants is excellent, and so is housekeeping.
One thing I noticed this year - a lot less seafood, and charging for "premium" food in Marco Polo. Another penny-pinching tactics is to charge $3 for "premium" liquors from non-members. That's not how you make money, I think...
Timeshare presentation: we were offered one (even though we are already members) to "upgrade" our experience. I refused to pay a deposit of $40 (especially, since I never had my deposit returned two years ago), so I recommend everyone NOT TO LEAVE A DEPOSIT. Still, we went to a presentation (in return for some trips and extras). It was not hard pressure sales tactics, but I clearly did not see a value to upgrade, especially, after I explained how I did not see a good value anymore, and could get a better deal elsewhere.
If there was a one great thing about the trip it was the entertainment team. They took care of everyone in the family, kids and adults. Everyone was great, but Nadya was especially nice and helpful.
My 10-yo son was happy with the place: made friends with other kids (there are plenty), kids club with water slides, junior club with pool and arcade games, ocean was calm and great to swim, pool was clean and warm, shows and entertainment were exciting (and different from last years).
Overall, I think the value for the price was adequate (we knew exactly what to expect and what we paid for), it is likely the cheapest average all-inclusive in the area. Will we come there again? Likely in a few years, hoping for some renovations and better internet.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- All-Inclusive family beachfront resort with 387 rooms in a Mexican hacienda-style, located in san Jose del Cabo, Mexico. Royal Solaris Los Cabos offers unlimited meal and beverages in our 5 restaurants, Room service (delivery fee), Dinner show at Tehuacan Theater, 4 bars, 3 pools with heather system (including relaxes & kids pools), Business center, Spa and beauty salon ($), Steam room, fitness center, hospitality rooms, on site shops. Other services include 24 hr medical service (on call) ($). Shuttle service to Cabo San Lucas ($). Weekly activities program for all ages. Tennis and basketball courts, also beach volleyball court. Theme parties and dinner shows. Junior's club (video games). Live and ambient music at the lobby bar. Kids club & Mini Water park. Scuba diving demo at the diving pool. Meeting room facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Orbitz, Agoda, Despegar.com, BookIt.com, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Royal Solaris Los Cabos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Solaris Los Cabos Hotel San Jose Del Cabo
- Royal Solaris Cabo San Lucas
- Los Cabos Solaris
- Los Cabos Royal Solaris
- Royal Solaris Los Cabos San Jose Del Cabo