We visited the Royal Solaris Hotel between 8/11 -8/15/2003. My wife and I can only describe it using one word...Outstanding. We were extremely impressed by the service, elegance, family orientation and quality of the food. It was almost like being on a crusie ship, only without the boat. There are a few sections on which I wish to comment reference our review...I will take them one at a time. First, the staff at the Royal Solaris were excellant. If you stay there for about a week, some of them will most likely remember your name. They go out of their way to make you feel welcome and help you in any way. They are extremely friendly and professional and they never "expect" a tip like they do here in the states. However, their service is so attentive that it makes you happy to tip. The hotel does not pay them much and they make their living mostly from tips. Secondly, the food and drinks are obviously included, as it is an all-inclusive hotel. Secondly, the restaurants are first class and rival any elegant hotel here in the United States. The presentation of the food is 5-star and it's of great quality. If a quite, elegant, restaurant is not your thing, no problem.
Simply go to the buffets they set up every night prior to the shows.
They are huge and again the food tastes great. The breakfast buffets are huge and have something for everyone's food tastes. Plus they open at 6:30 AM so you can eat early in case you have a day of activities planned early. For lunch, you can go to the hut-roofed restaurant overlooking the ocean. The food is presented excellantly and there is plenty of it. They also have a hut roofed snack bar (poolside) featuring burgers, hot dogs, nachos, ribs, plus help yourself fountain drinks and even a Tecate beer tap for your convenience. You will definitly get your money's worth. The swim up bar is also there to serve your intoxicating needs. There is no such thing as a bad drink because if you dont like it, you just go get another one. Kids can also order their own drinks, their wrist band tells the tenders they are under 18 and will make them virgin drinks. If your kids are over 18 though, youll have to monitor their drinks becasue the legal drinking age in Mexico is 18. Thirdly, Tours! Cabo San Lucas is very expensive and it was nice not having to find a place to eat everyday. The hotel has an on-site tour agency that are very helpfull. Use the tours! Don not buy any tours at the airport! You can do it all at the hotel. If beaching and snorkling are your thing, take the tour to Santa Maria or Chileno Bay. For $30.00 per person and 15 for kids, they shuttle you in a nice air cond. van to these pristine beaches. In addition, they have umbrellas with blankets on the sand already set up for you, a cooler wiht soft drinks, beer, or water and they provide all the snorkling gear. Plus the tour guide remains with you for the entire 4 hours nd they are extremely helpful. Most of them speak some form of English and are eager to make conversation with you. Santa Maria bay even includes beach side massge for $25.00 for 30 minutes. If you take massages you know this is a great price! After the tour is through, they drive you right back to the hotel. Very safe and convenient. These two beaches are pristine with extremely warm and crystal clear waters. A ton of fishes even when you are only knee high in water. Highly recommended!
There are other tours as well such as ATV tours, kayaking, tours to Lovers beach, and beachfront horseback riding......the list goes on. If you want to go to Cabo take the hotel shuttle. They go out there in 4 hour increments and it is a lot cheaper than a taxi. If you want ot go clubbing in Cabo take the hotels shuttles which include a staff from the hotel going with you and partying the night away with you and bringing you back. The hotel tries to accomodate your every need so you dont have to leave the hotel to set these things up. Fourth and lastly, they will invite you to a presentation to purchase timeshare privilages at the hote. In turn they will offer you $100.00 to use at the hotel in any form. Do it and listen to them for 1.5 hours then politely say no if you are not interested. If you are not interested be firm and just tell them you are not interested. They will try to convince you like a car dealership here in the states but just be firm and say no. Then take your $100 "Solaris dollars" and use them toward the above mentoned tours, or a massage at the spa. Overall, the Royal Solaris is a great hotel and you will enjoy it immensly. We did and we had our 4 year old and our 4 month old boys with us. We cant wait to go back! Best of luck in Cabo and e-mail me with any questions.....my wife and I are dying to go back!
- Also Known As:
- Royal Solaris Los Cabos Hotel San Jose Del Cabo
- Royal Solaris
- Royal Solaris Cabo
- Royal Solaris Los Cabos Hotel
- Royal Solaris Cabo San Lucas
- Los Cabos Solaris
- Los Cabos Royal Solaris
- Royal Solaris Los Cabos Resort Spa
- Royal Solaris Los Cabos San Jose Del Cabo
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- All-Inclusive family beachfront resort with 387 rooms in a Mexican hacienda-style, located in san Jose del Cabo, Mexico. Royal Solaris Los Cabos offers unlimited meal and beverages in our 5 restaurants, Room service (delivery fee), Dinner show at Tehuacan Theater, 4 bars, 3 pools with heather system (including relaxes & kids pools), Business center, Spa and beauty salon ($), Steam room, fitness center, hospitality rooms, on site shops. Other services include 24 hr medical service (on call) ($). Shuttle service to Cabo San Lucas ($). Weekly activities program for all ages. Tennis and basketball courts, also beach volleyball court. Theme parties and dinner shows. Junior's club (video games). Live and ambient music at the lobby bar. Kids club & Mini Water park. Scuba diving demo at the diving pool. Meeting room facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Tingo, Priceline, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your Royal Solaris Los Cabos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.