“Loved it!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Royal Solaris Los Cabos

You added Royal Solaris Los Cabos to your Saves list
Royal Solaris Los Cabos
3.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Blvd. San Jose | Campo de Golf, San Jose del Cabo 23410, Mexico   |
Offers & Announcements
Package Deal
Ranked #21 of 39 Hotels in San Jose del Cabo
San Diego, Ca
“Loved it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2011

We stayed 2 nights at the Solaris and really enjoyed the hotel. This was my first experience at an all inclusive and will not be my last. Our room was on the ocean front, 4th floor and although nothing fancy, had everything we needed for comfort. The bathroom was big and the great water pressure in the shower almost blew me away. The refridgerator was stocked with soda, water and beer and the coffee pot held 4 cups instead of the standard 2 cups. The balcony was roomy and private and had an incredible view. The food was very good and a great selection.

I can't say enough about the service at this hotel. From check in to dining to bars and everything else they offered, the service was the best we ever experienced anywhere in Mexico.

Room Tip: Get the ocean front room. Very quiet, great amenities and great view.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (958)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2011

My wife and I stayed 6 days at the Royal Solaris and had a very relaxing and fun stay. We normally vacation in Cancun, so we are familiar with traveling in Mexico. Prior to our leaving we read hundreds of Trip Advisor reviews on the RS and wanted to dispel some of the negativity we read. I truly believe that your vacation is what you put into it. How can there be so many reviews that contradicts each other? If you go looking for reasons not to like any particular resort, you will find what you are looking for. On the other hand, if you are open minded and make the best out of any vacation stay many small things can be overlooked.
The "Timeshare stories" never manifested itself to us. We were never bothered by any outside entities. Maybe because we go through Cheap Caribbean.com?? Our check in was easy and quick and we were upgraded to room 558 and our ocean view was magnificent! I highly recommend staying in the rooms in this the main bldg. The beach is beautiful and the waves were big and noisy as they crashed all day and night. I left our sliding glass door open at night just to fall asleep at the sound if the waves. There were no Mosquitos or insects of any kind that we noticed.
The food was the biggest disappointment, especially in the buffet. We thought the restaurants we good, and no problems making reservations for dinners.
The staff were all friendly and eager to please. We had a spa day and found it to be a bit Spartan but my massage was outstanding by Ana.
The nightly entertainment was fun as the pool activities. We thought the pools were small in comparison to the mega pools found in Cancun, and they were a but noisy in the day with a lot of children.
The beach like I mentioned earlier was very nice but the water has extremely strong rip currents, which makes going in past your knees a challenge. The only thing that I found annoying were the throngs of sales people selling their wares. At one time yesterday I counted over 30 vendors and they sometimes do not like hearing no thank you. The best thing is not to make eye contact with them or to ask any questions as they start to surround you for a sale. They are not rude just looking to make a sale.

Overall, I doubt that we will return but we did have a nice vacation.

• Stayed November 2011
Gulf Shores Area
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2011

We are members and brought another couple to enjoy Royal Solaris,which they did. We enjoy the all inclusive and the perks along with it. This year we took the camel adventure and really enjoyed it. It was done first class. The two members dinners, which were outside were superb. The weather the beginning of November was perfect. The food is good. We will be back. Miquel, was good as our guide at the hotel. We are owners for 10 years and have been here many times

Gulf Shores, Alabama

Room Tip: Request an ocean view away from the entertainment area, it was loud when playing games.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
Chico, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2011

Great place to spend Vacations, We Went last week and I really enjoy the hotel, food and the people, If you have plan to go to this hotel ask fot ARMANDO FLORES great person and it seems that he really enjoy work for Royal Solaris great Host Thank you Armando Hope to see you again next Year!!! I really recomend Royal Solaris.
B Carrillo

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Lake Forest, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2011

Just got back from a 6 night stay at the Royal Solaris Los Cabos. We are a family of 4 (inc.a toddler and preschooler) and we also were accompanied by my in-laws. We werent greeted by our 'personal representative' (thank God), because all they do is sell timeshares. My in-laws (arrived 2 days ahead of us) however were not so lucky and spent a good amount of time during their stay getting phonecalls and notes from their representative promising them this and that for a 90min tour. So, just ignore the people when you first get to the resort and just check in!

The food is average, maybe a bit under. The breakfast was nice and we always found something we likes. For lunch we had some stuff from the snack bar (hotdogs, hamburgers, pizza, chips, salad.etc) or grabbed something from Rosmarindus. The wait was usually pretty long at Rosmarindus (but the food here is way better than at the snackbar!) so we opted for the snackbar most days. The dinner selections are slim. Buffet in the showroom. Usually 1 pork, 1 fish, 1 chicken, 1 beef dish to choose from. No kids food. My inlaws ate at Marco Polo and their food was really bad so we didnt end up eating there. My had the buffet at Panchos one night and it was just OK. We went outside the resort for dinner one night and the food was so much better! Next time we might opt. for a non-all-inclusive.

Drinks are pretty good, they have 75 drinks to choose from. Some bartenders like to make them STRONG (feels like sipping on a tequila shot instead of a margarita) and you never really know what drink you'll end up with since the bartenders seem to make them different (and they dont measure anything). But the bar-staff were all really nice and friendly and the drinks were all pretty good (try banana sexy and cabo loco.. mmm).

The resort is very clean, there's always someone scrubbing something somewhere :) And our maid did a great job and we left her a nice tip at the end of our stay.

The rooms are decent. Nothing spectacular, but not really worse than your average mexican all inclusive family resort. We had a flatscreen TV and a safe with pin. My inlaws had an older TV (that stopped working a couple of times) and had to pay $10 for a key for their safe. The beds are HARD, my back and neck are killing me right now!! My husband and the kids didnt complain, but me and the inlaws had a hard time sleeping. Bathrooms are ok, pressure in showers are REALLY hard!! Kinda hurts your skin.

Pool area is very nice, never crowded. Not hard to get a chair, you dont have to get up at 6 to put your towels out. Nice beach, but cold and rough water so we stayed at the pool most of the time. They also have a great kids pool with slides and plastic animals. Very cute. A lot of ppl selling stuff at the beach, kinda annoying when you have to tell 50ppl no thank you everytime you're down on the beach but I guess thats the way it always is.

They have a show pretty much every night. We only watched the Disney one (on saturdays) and it was great! The kids loved it and so did we. Very cute and the staff did a great job.

Would we go back, probably, if they had a good deal. The area is nice and safe and you can easily take a taxi to San Jose (5mins) or Cabo (about 20mins).

A little side note, they take your hairspray and aerosol sunscreen bottles when you leave Mexico, so dont pack your expensive hair products (you cant even have it in your checked baggage)!! I lost all my bed head products, not fun.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Tacoma, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2011

This hotel could definately use some updating if they want to be considered above average. If they don't have that desire and want to be average they are good to go. Some of the staff is excellent some is average. The rooms are clean but need maintence work. The pool area is nice with fun activities. The food overall is pretty good.

• Stayed November 2011
Burnaby, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2011

Ana is awesome!!!!! We planned a renewal ceremony for my parents 50th wedding anniversary. Ana made our vision a reality. She took excellent care of our every need and request. I am grateful for all her help.I can't wait to come back next year..............

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family

Been to Royal Solaris Los Cabos? Share your experiences!