“Amazing wait staff! Especially Francisco Soto” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Barcelo Grand Faro Los Cabos

You added Barcelo Grand Faro Los Cabos to your Saves list
Barcelo Grand Faro Los Cabos
3.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Blvd. San Jose s/n, Seccion Hotelera 1 Zona Fonatur, San Jose del Cabo 23400, Mexico   |
Special Offer
Up to 25% discount
Ranked #27 of 37 Hotels in San Jose del Cabo
Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
“Amazing wait staff! Especially Francisco Soto”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW via mobile

I recently stay at the Barcelo from April 18 to the 28th and I have to say beside a couple minor things I was really impressed with this resort. Check in was pretty good from reading prior reviews it was alot better then what I expected. Friendly staff checking us in and helping us get to our room. Upon arrival in the room found it was your basic room but it wasn't the room I was on this vacation for. The poolside and entertainment staff were amazing. Always trying to get people involved in activities and making sure everyone was happy! One particularly outstanding employee was Francisco Soto at the pool bar. From day one he was amazing all about his customer service so much so that's we had also heard from other people that we were all said when he had a Wednesday off! Headed the best drinks and when.he wasn't swamped with lines of customers he took a few minutes to talk to all of us and find out where we were from. It's this kind of service that people go home to tell their friends about! The only negative for me was our first night in our room our roof started leaking and on a tile floor it makes it really slippery! We called the front desk right away and we're told they were sending someone else right away! That never happened!! This continued for the rest of the week! We actually went up to the front desk numerous times to complain about our leaking roof and nothing was ever done about it! Not great service Barcelo!

Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (377)
Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Barceló is always an excellent hotel destination. This was my first time at Barceló in Cabo San Lucas. I was more than impressed with the food and food service. The quality and variety was the best of all of the places in the Barcelo chain. Don McKenna

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Just thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Barceló in San Jose del Cabo. The property is lovely, the people are great and the weather was perfect. Since it's now off-season, really enjoyed the quiet and laid-back atmosphere. The Mexican Heritage Show was exceptional.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

What a great Resort this place is!!

We attended our friends wedding along with 80 other guests and we had a great time, here are some of my thoughts on this place

The hotel

its a very nice clean, perfectly manicured hotel, the rooms are comfortable although we were given two double beds that did not accommodate my husband and I, they provided a crib for our 17 month old boy which was a great thing to have and it was kept very clean and everything worked perfectly
the pools were amazing, the best part was the 3 large shallow areas for little ones to play in, our little guy LOVED every minute of playing in the main pool, the Infinity pool was beautiful right in front of the beach, although we didn't spend much time there as it was just a deep pool and our son couldn't play in it unless we held him.
The kids area was pretty simple and we didn't visit it very much

the Staff was great, very friendly and attentive, once we got to know a couple of the waiters we kept sitting with them, they were great.
the excursion staff did a great job at the romantic dinner on the beach we got, they made the evening amazing and took pictures of our engagement when my fiancée proposed which is such a great memory to have, I loved that day
checking in went with no hitches, we got to the resort and checked in and had our room quickly, although we heard from other of the guests from the wedding their check-ings where hell, but I cant complain, ours was fast and efficient
although you did get a lot better service if you tipped than if you did not.

The beach

The strip of beach I front of he hotel is gorgeous, but the water is very rough and I is dangerous to swim in the ocean, my fiancé went for a few swims but I didn't dare get in the water, although I am a strong swimmer and not afraid of the ocean, the waves were huge and I didn't want my bikini ripped off my body, needless to say, I didn't let my little boy play in the beach as I was afraid if he got too close to the water he would get washed out and we would have to rescue him.
I love the beach and when I go on vacation al I want to do is hangout at the beach, this was someone's wedding so I couldn't pick the destination, personally I wouldn't go back because I cant go in the ocean there, but or vacationers that like the pool this is a great destination to go to

The Bars

Well... all drinks were delicious, but you HAVE to try the Mojitos if you go there, they were the best Mojitos I have ever tried, the lobby bar had the best coffee and a few drinks the rest of the resort didn't make, the bartenders were pretty quick and very friendly (once they knew you tipped)

The food

The restaurants were all very good, although I heard from some of the guests that the Sushi bar was not very good, the Italian and the Mexican a la carte were delicious, and the three buffets had delicious food every day, the dinner buffet had menus from around the world with a different country every night, the Spanish night was delicious as well as pretty much all the rest, the only one I did not like was the western/cowboy night, the food wasn't very good that day
The Snack bar was good, with a good variety of fast foods that you could interchange for a wide array of dishes.

We went for 10 days for just over 1600 each, our little one was free of course, it is a beautiful resort, the rooms were clean and cozy, the food was great and for the price a great value.

All in all it was a great vacation, I would recommend this hotel to anyone who doesn't mind the ocean being very rough.

Room Tip: We had a cheaper room that was at the back of the hotel which was great or noise at night, we were r...
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Medellín, Antioquia, Colombia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW via mobile

My wife and I decided to return to the Barcelo after we celebrated our honeymoon there 5 years ago. We were a little disappointed to see that the hotel was not the same property. We learned that the hotel we stayed at previously is now the Hyatt and it is currently being renovated.

Although this property was still nice, it was as modern as the last one. The website has pictures of the old hotel which I thought was misleading. We spoke to another couple who told us they had booked the hotel based on the pictures.

At the old hotel we had a great suite we had a smart tv with free internet access. This time around we had to pay for wifi. It wasn't cheap and it didn't work all the time. Also it only connects to two devices so we had to pay extra to connect to my phone.

Except for those couple of things we had a great time. The food was good, it was clean and the location was nice. On top of that the service was really good.

Some of the staff stood out, especially Antonio Arriola. He was always friendly and had a smile on his face. He did everything to make sure we were enjoying ourselves and had plenty to drink.

The lifeguard Mario Flores was also great. He was friendly and took the time to always talk to the guests. He would also recommend when to swim in the ocean and had great local knowledge of the area.

All in all we would come back if we had the chance.

Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Deadwood, South Dakota, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Loved the Barcelo Grand Faro. Staff was excellent. The breakfasts were amazing. Lunches were what I have had in most all inclusives. Restaurants were very good. It is not the place to go if you want to swim in the ocean, but the pools were big and there were several. There were a lot of nice extra touches like the evening coffee liquor drinks in the special outdoor area.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Saskatoon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

There are lots of negative reviews out there but I found this place to be pretty great! It's a decent size, it offers a lot but isn't huge in that you have to walk a long way.
The food was very good and the service was for the most part great as well. Lots of variety for food and the Al a carte restaurants offered good choices.
We enjoyed the evening activities especially the waiter at the fire pit making fancy special coffees.
I would definitely recommend this resort.

Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple

Been to Barcelo Grand Faro Los Cabos? Share your experiences!