Just got back from a wonderful week in the sun at the Barceló. I can't believe the nasty, negative comments from some people. I was there with my 89 year old mother and her 88 year old partner and the entire staff could not have been kinder and more helpful. They have mobility issues and the staff always went out of their way to be helpful.
The rooms were side by side which was convenient and on the lower floor. They were very clean and cleaned promptly in the morning. The mini bar was stocked every day, and since I opted for the eco plan, every other day the sheets and towels were changed. I'm not that dirty that I need clean every single day, also not good for the environment.
The meals were excellent, a great variety in Las Olas restaurant and also for dinner in the Albatross. There the different theme everynight was always terrific. The barbecue was excellent. My ribeye was done as requested and was perfect. We ate one night at the La Gondola Restaurant. My mother and I had the rack of lamb and it was awesome, better than I've had it done here some times. My mom's partner had the beef fillet and it also was done to perfection, beautifully tender and delish.
After dinner the entertainment was fun and we all thoroughly enjoyed it. Then off to Marcelo and his fantastic coffee. So much fun and he's is absolutely one of the best assets to the Barceló. On Sunday they had Jorge there to play his guitar and sing, he was fantastic, beautiful voice.
All in all it was a beautiful relaxing holiday, soaking up the sun, made all the more memorable with many thanks to Susanna (pool server), Rocio (room maid), Juan and Daniel (Las Olas), Norma(Albatross) Marco (entertainment), in fact the whole staff who were always courteous and very helpful. Many thanks for a great holiday.
PS. yes I paid $30 for wifi, for the week. Sometimes it was spotty, but I had no difficulty, sending messages when I wanted.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel Barceló Grand Faro Los Cabos***** is a resort situated on the shores of the spectacular beach on the Sea of Cortés. It is a hotel for enjoying the peace and quiet of Los Cabos, the relaxing atmosphere of San José and the gentle whisper of the sea. The hotel boasts 350 luxurious rooms and suites distributed over 3 buildings: Luna, Estrella and Torre Sol. All the rooms have a private balcony with views over the Sea of Cortés and are equipped with a number of first class details to ensure your stay is a memorable occasion. The most discerning guests can enjoy the Barceló All Inclusive programme on offer at the resort. The Barceló Grand Faro Los Cabos hotel is well-known as one of the best All Inclusive hotels in the area thanks to the quality and added value it offers its guests. There are 5 restaurants and 3 bars in the hotel offering a wide-range of gastronomy, including an extraordinary selection of international, Mexican and Italian cuisine. Its on site convention and meeting centre boasts 2,620 m2 of space to accommodate all types of events. Plan your corporate meetings, conventions or weddings in the best facilities on offer in Los Cabos. And not forgetting the youngest members of the family, who can have fun in the hotel's water park or in La Tortuga, the children's club. The Barceló Grand Faro Los Cabos hotel is the perfect choice for enjoying your trip. If you are travelling for business, or spending a holiday with your partner or family, don't hesitate in visiting us! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, BookIt.com, Expedia, Barcelo, Orbitz, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Cheap Tickets and Odigeo so you can book your Barcelo Grand Faro Los Cabos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hola Grand Faro Los Cabos Hotel San Jose Del Cabo
- Crown Plaza Los Cabos
- Barcelo Grand Faro Los Cabos San Jose Del Cabo