“Wonderful week to relax” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Barcelo Grand Faro Los Cabos

You added Barcelo Grand Faro Los Cabos to your Saves list
Barcelo Grand Faro Los Cabos
3.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Blvd. San Jose s/n, Seccion Hotelera 1 Zona Fonatur, San Jose del Cabo 23400, Mexico   |
Special Offer
Up to 25% discount
Ranked #27 of 37 Hotels in San Jose del Cabo
Summerland, Canada
“Wonderful week to relax”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Just got back from a wonderful week in the sun at the Barceló. I can't believe the nasty, negative comments from some people. I was there with my 89 year old mother and her 88 year old partner and the entire staff could not have been kinder and more helpful. They have mobility issues and the staff always went out of their way to be helpful.
The rooms were side by side which was convenient and on the lower floor. They were very clean and cleaned promptly in the morning. The mini bar was stocked every day, and since I opted for the eco plan, every other day the sheets and towels were changed. I'm not that dirty that I need clean every single day, also not good for the environment.

The meals were excellent, a great variety in Las Olas restaurant and also for dinner in the Albatross. There the different theme everynight was always terrific. The barbecue was excellent. My ribeye was done as requested and was perfect. We ate one night at the La Gondola Restaurant. My mother and I had the rack of lamb and it was awesome, better than I've had it done here some times. My mom's partner had the beef fillet and it also was done to perfection, beautifully tender and delish.

After dinner the entertainment was fun and we all thoroughly enjoyed it. Then off to Marcelo and his fantastic coffee. So much fun and he's is absolutely one of the best assets to the Barceló. On Sunday they had Jorge there to play his guitar and sing, he was fantastic, beautiful voice.

All in all it was a beautiful relaxing holiday, soaking up the sun, made all the more memorable with many thanks to Susanna (pool server), Rocio (room maid), Juan and Daniel (Las Olas), Norma(Albatross) Marco (entertainment), in fact the whole staff who were always courteous and very helpful. Many thanks for a great holiday.

PS. yes I paid $30 for wifi, for the week. Sometimes it was spotty, but I had no difficulty, sending messages when I wanted.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (372)
Edmonton, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

just returned last night from 7 days at this resort. Staff were friendly , we thought very accommodating,rooms were clean , dated a bit but fairly large. great views. Special thanks to our daily greeters Noemi and Luis in the beach restaurant. Rolfi the activity coordinator very entertaining. I would definately not hesitate to recommend this hotel.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
Shakopee, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

This hotel was in a great location and very near town and a quick cab ride to Los Cabos. The Service was hit or miss. Our room was not ready when we checked in and we had to wait 45 minutes for them to finish cleaning it. Check in was 3:00 and we finally got into our room at 5:00. The service at the outdoor bar and around the pool was very poor. You had to practically stand up with a $20 bill in hand in order to get anyone to pay attention to you. The alcohol drinks you could tell were very watered down. The service in most restaurants were far below expectations. Thankfully we were VIP members and could mix our own drinks in the VIP lounge. The food was pretty good at the buffets and service for breakfast and lunch were great. The other restaurants, not so much. The spa was fantastic and the service providers in the spa were outstanding. The workout room for a resort this size was inadequate. Only 1 of the 3 treadmills worked and while I was on the one that did work, the power surged and my treadmill stopped abruptly which is a huge safety issue. You can see the string of extension cords hooking up the machines and I don't think an electrician configured that. I would come back again because of the location and the hotel was nice but I would definitely find way to avoid the poor service staff and hospitality. Our VIP deal said we could get a ocean front room but you had to stay in one room for 2 nights before you could get an upgrade to that specific room. Who wants to go through that hassle.

Room Tip: Make sure you can be VIP. The extra money spent is work it
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
Peoria, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

This is by far one of the worst places I've ever stayed in Mexico - and there's been a lot. Everyone at the front desk was extremely rude. When I get to my room - after waiting 3 hours for my room to be ready - I walk in and there's a red sauce or something all over the floor, the shower floor was disgustingly dirty - there was hair all over the shower and the shower didn't drain. The phone in my room didn't work and when I called to order room service I was put on hold for over 15 minutes. I finally hung up, called again and it just rang. I finally decided to walk to the buffet and the food wasn't terrible. There is no complimentary wifi and when I went to the front desk to buy it, the lady was so rude, I turned around and walked out. After having all these issues, I get into my bed, only to find a bunch of dead bugs under my pillow. Needless to say - I will never stay here again.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW via mobile

I don't have a lot to compare this trip to except beaches vacation. Generally it was ok. The food was yummy and the place was clean. The servers were busy and seemed slow to bring coffee etc... At the buffet. However - just as long as u are forceful to flag them down all is okay.

The rooms were cleaned daily but nothing special .... No cute towel animals. Hard to get extra face clothes or if u call for extra blankets they never bring them. Kind of weird. Not top service for sure BUT ... Overall clean and good food.... Small resort quiet and relaxing.

Lots of Mexicans on beach selling their wears and u cannot swim in the ocean as it's dangerous.

The a la cartes were very nice and easy to reserve when u get there.

Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
Fair Oaks, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Before booking this resort we followed reviews on Tripadvisor for several months. We regard many as petty, uninformed and off the mark after our experience there last week. The resort is well maintained, clean and located on a breathtaking beach. The staff is friendly, accommodating and do their best to make your stay pleasant. You are always greeted with a smile and a buenos dias/buenas tardes. .The breakfast buffets have fresh fruits, deli meats and cheeses, baked goods, eggs cooked to order with many side dishes. All are nicely presented and replenished often. Service is great. The lunch buffet is equally appetizing with salads and cooked to order fish and meat. We ate at all three specialty restaurants. We recommend tuna tostados and sashimi at Kyoto, beef filet at Las Jicamas and ahi tuna at La Gondola. On a less positive note, the veal at La Gondola was chewy and the service at Las Jicamas was unattentive. Kudos to the activity staff. They were fun and the yoga and water aerobic classes were well done. There are plenty of beach chairs available but beware of those who rise at dawn to "stake" out the choice chairs at the infinity and activity pools then do not arrive until hours later. Our check-in and check-out were fine. But on many days the line at check-in was very long and people waited as long as two hours. This, evidently, has been a problem and has not yet been resolved by management. We will miss the crashing waves, the broad beautiful beach, blue sky and wispy clouds. We will not miss the inconsiderate cigar smokers or the loud and boisterous groups in the restaurants. We have been traveling in Mexico for over 25 years to beach resorts, archaeological sites and Colonial cities and regard Barcelo Grand Faro as a very beautiful and well maintained facility. We will return.

Room Tip: Upgrade to Premium Club for an ocean front room in Luna building on the north side away from the co...
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Tomball, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

From check in to check out the service at this hotel was awesome. Everyone was always friendly and happy to help with whatever you needed. The rooms seemed a little dated, but it was to be expected from pictures on the website.
We had our wedding on the beach and the wedding coordinators handled everything perfectly. They were attentive and very knowledgable. Estephanie was by far the best wedding coordinator.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Meredith L, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Barcelo Grand Faro Los Cabos, responded to this review, yesterday
Dear Ztwhite92

We do appreciate that you took the time to share with us your comments following your last stay at our resort.

All your comments are so helpful to improve the highest levels of service that our guests deserve, we will share your comments about the rooms to our management to take it in mind for the new implements and changes.

We feel so happy to know that you chose us to be host for such a special moment, Congratulations for your marriage, we wish that this be the begging of a lot of wonderful blessings in your new life.

It is so nice read that you spent a really great time with us and enjoyed the special service of our Weddings department, they will be really happy to read your nice comments about your wedding.

Thanks for share your comments with us, we will be so happy to welcome you again in the near future.

Warm Regards,

Sofia Rivera

Been to Barcelo Grand Faro Los Cabos? Share your experiences!