I am a senior adult from New York, who met my adult daughter from San Francisco in Los Cabos for a week of hanging out. One of the best things about this resort was its location--both on the ocean, and within walking distance of the pleasant city of San Jose del Cabo. This location, near a small city, --the walks, the visits to art galleries, a local outdoor art show, the more 'authentic' Mexican atmosphere,-- was a big part of making this resort attractive to me. The resort itself was good quality and provided a festive, comfortable, oppulent setting for a vacation in the sun. The rooms were comfortable, the hotel staff was helpful and gracious. Procedures went smoothly-- the hotel seemed to be well run. A few little 'buts'... I found myself impatient at breakfast about getting my required dose of coffee. I think perhaps the waiters were over-worked, & efforts to get their attention sometimes seemed futile. And I really like my morning coffee. At dinner, the service was gracious and prompt. Completely different. There was loud thumping music played constantly at one of the pools. It wasn't to my taste. And, while it was possible to escape, I didn't enjoy having to look for seating away from the throbbing music. There's a bit of competition in the morning, to get pool-side seats in the shade. I think the resort could use a few more beach umbrellas. I also found myself wishing that hot tea and coffee beverages were as available during the day as were alcoholic beverages. The bar service was amazing, but still, I need my tea and coffee. The food was plentiful and good enough to enjoy eating way too much. I ate only at the buffets and never even bothered to make reservations for a la carte dining. I have no hesitation about recommending this resort to travelers.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel Barceló Grand Faro Los Cabos***** is a resort situated on the shores of the spectacular beach on the Sea of Cortés. It is a hotel for enjoying the peace and quiet of Los Cabos, the relaxing atmosphere of San José and the gentle whisper of the sea. The hotel boasts 350 luxurious rooms and suites distributed over 3 buildings: Luna, Estrella and Torre Sol. All the rooms have a private balcony with views over the Sea of Cortés and are equipped with a number of first class details to ensure your stay is a memorable occasion. The most discerning guests can enjoy the Barceló All Inclusive programme on offer at the resort. The Barceló Grand Faro Los Cabos hotel is well-known as one of the best All Inclusive hotels in the area thanks to the quality and added value it offers its guests. There are 5 restaurants and 3 bars in the hotel offering a wide-range of gastronomy, including an extraordinary selection of international, Mexican and Italian cuisine. Its on site convention and meeting centre boasts 2,620 m2 of space to accommodate all types of events. Plan your corporate meetings, conventions or weddings in the best facilities on offer in Los Cabos. And not forgetting the youngest members of the family, who can have fun in the hotel's water park or in La Tortuga, the children's club. The Barceló Grand Faro Los Cabos hotel is the perfect choice for enjoying your trip. If you are travelling for business, or spending a holiday with your partner or family, don't hesitate in visiting us! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Barcelo, Expedia, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, getaroom.com, Booking.com and Tingo so you can book your Barcelo Grand Faro Los Cabos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hola Grand Faro Los Cabos Hotel San Jose Del Cabo
- Crown Plaza Los Cabos
- Barcelo Grand Faro Los Cabos San Jose Del Cabo