The hotel and the views were breathtaking. The staff was very friendly and helpful.
I was disappointed with several things. The biggest disappointment was with the front desk. Check in was painfully slow. They didn't even offer our vouchers for things that should have been discounted such as the Wi-Fi. We paid full price and then realized the hotel had 1/2 off vouchers.
The front desk messed up our restaurant reservations 3 different times (once to the wrong restaurant and twice with the number of people that needed seating) This was stressful.
My age 14 daughter loves sushi and she couldn't even get into the only restaurant that offered sushi because she's under 18. We were told it was because alcohol was served at that restaurant...well duh, alcohol is served EVERYWHERE you go there.
The food was very good in all the restaurants, but the bar service was incredibly slow and inefficient.
The rooms were not all that clean and on several occasions we had to call the front desk because towels and wash cloths were not replaced fully (we didn't even have a proper amount on the initial day) The coffee in the room didn't get replaced when used. The room refrigerators barely kept items below room temp and milk spoiled quickly. You could hear quite a bit of noise from adjoining rooms (women's heels from above, toilet noise, ect)
Overall, it was a good experience, but not great. The attention to detail from the front desk seriously needs to change. If we go back, we will try a different hotel. I wouldn't recommend this hotel to friends at this time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel Barceló Grand Faro Los Cabos***** is a resort situated on the shores of the spectacular beach on the Sea of Cortés. It is a hotel for enjoying the peace and quiet of Los Cabos, the relaxing atmosphere of San José and the gentle whisper of the sea. The hotel boasts 350 luxurious rooms and suites distributed over 3 buildings: Luna, Estrella and Torre Sol. All the rooms have a private balcony with views over the Sea of Cortés and are equipped with a number of first class details to ensure your stay is a memorable occasion. The most discerning guests can enjoy the Barceló All Inclusive programme on offer at the resort. The Barceló Grand Faro Los Cabos hotel is well-known as one of the best All Inclusive hotels in the area thanks to the quality and added value it offers its guests. There are 5 restaurants and 3 bars in the hotel offering a wide-range of gastronomy, including an extraordinary selection of international, Mexican and Italian cuisine. Its on site convention and meeting centre boasts 2,620 m2 of space to accommodate all types of events. Plan your corporate meetings, conventions or weddings in the best facilities on offer in Los Cabos. And not forgetting the youngest members of the family, who can have fun in the hotel's water park or in La Tortuga, the children's club. The Barceló Grand Faro Los Cabos hotel is the perfect choice for enjoying your trip. If you are travelling for business, or spending a holiday with your partner or family, don't hesitate in visiting us! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Orbitz, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Expedia, Barcelo, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Booking.com and Tingo so you can book your Barcelo Grand Faro Los Cabos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hola Grand Faro Los Cabos Hotel San Jose Del Cabo
- Crown Plaza Los Cabos
- Barcelo Grand Faro Los Cabos San Jose Del Cabo