We arrived the 14th of Dec. and stayed until the 21st. Travel time from airport was around 20 minutes. Check in was quick although we did not come in a big bus load. If you come in with a bunch of others you will have a much longer check-in time.
Right from arrival you are greeted by very friendly staff and bubbly. The resort was very relaxing and short walking distance to everything other than climbing stairs. ( Hey you have to get some exercise right). The resort also has a gym for the hard cores. I used it once to burn a few of the calories I was eating and drinking. Following is a little breakdown of the resort.
Rooms: Spacious with separate bathroom and stand up shower. Also flat screen tv and locking safe. We used ceiling fan most of the time because Air conditioning was not really needed and was a little noisy anyway. Balcony has two chairs ,table and rack for drying swim suits. If you want a good view of the resort I recommend a room facing the inside. Outside rooms either face another resort or one under construction. This was the first time at any resort that the maid left me a thank you note for the great presentation of my tips and sweets. She also caught us when leaving to personally that us. That was one of my best memories. She deserves a raise or promotion. Thank you Mayra! I hope I spelled it right.
Food: Had a wide variety by changing up the menu every nite. Seating and atmosphere were very good.
We only ate at the Mexican ala-carte during our stay. Nice decor but the only draw back was it did not have any Mexican Food on the Menu. Go to buffets and you will have more success.
Service: Was top notch when we first arrived but by the weekend the resort was nearly full and of course the service got slower. especially around the pools. It was quicker to get a drink at the lobby bar and go back to pool. The walk was not that far.
Pools: This resort has some nice pools and hot tubs. Two of the smaller pools are heated and the large one with swim-up bar is not. The stools at the swim-up bar are always in the shade so we never used. First resort I ever been to that the stools were not full. The infinity pool is not salt water as claimed but it was great anyway. After tanning by the pools it was great to relax in the larger hot tub with changing mood lites later in the day. Great conversation to be had there also.
Beach: The beach is large with plenty of room. The sand is course and loose, so walking a long distance with tire you out unless you walk the wet area by the water. You will have local vendors on the beach from around 9 am to dusk. They will approach you but if you say no they will leave you alone, unlike many other resorts. The people in general in Los Cabos are very polite and friendly.
Weather: Mornings can be cool but warm up to 70,s during the day. Did not have any rain during stay but did have some cloudy days, which I was told unusual for the area. However I did get a great tan.
Entertainment: Shows start in the eve. and are pretty good with of course Michael Jackson show being everyones favorite. This show has a different twist with a little rapping mixed in. I never seen that at other resorts. There is three patio heaters for the shows to keep you warm for the cooler evenings. So if you are the type that likes heat go a little earlier to sit by one.
As with most Barcelos the grounds are clean and pretty. For just going thru a hurricane in Sept. this resort rebounded pretty well. The tower which was last to open, opened the nite before we had to leave. It opens evenings and you must be 18 to visit.
I hope you enjoy your stay here because we did. If you like my review and pics I would like your vote. Thanks and Enjoy your stay!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel Barceló Grand Faro Los Cabos***** is a resort situated on the shores of the spectacular beach on the Sea of Cortés. It is a hotel for enjoying the peace and quiet of Los Cabos, the relaxing atmosphere of San José and the gentle whisper of the sea. The hotel boasts 350 luxurious rooms and suites distributed over 3 buildings: Luna, Estrella and Torre Sol. All the rooms have a private balcony with views over the Sea of Cortés and are equipped with a number of first class details to ensure your stay is a memorable occasion. The most discerning guests can enjoy the Barceló All Inclusive programme on offer at the resort. The Barceló Grand Faro Los Cabos hotel is well-known as one of the best All Inclusive hotels in the area thanks to the quality and added value it offers its guests. There are 5 restaurants and 3 bars in the hotel offering a wide-range of gastronomy, including an extraordinary selection of international, Mexican and Italian cuisine. Its on site convention and meeting centre boasts 2,620 m2 of space to accommodate all types of events. Plan your corporate meetings, conventions or weddings in the best facilities on offer in Los Cabos. And not forgetting the youngest members of the family, who can have fun in the hotel's water park or in La Tortuga, the children's club. The Barceló Grand Faro Los Cabos hotel is the perfect choice for enjoying your trip. If you are travelling for business, or spending a holiday with your partner or family, don't hesitate in visiting us! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Barcelo, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Booking.com and Tingo so you can book your Barcelo Grand Faro Los Cabos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hola Grand Faro Los Cabos Hotel San Jose Del Cabo
- Crown Plaza Los Cabos
- Barcelo Grand Faro Los Cabos San Jose Del Cabo