“Wonderful Vacation Spot” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Barcelo Grand Faro Los Cabos

You added Barcelo Grand Faro Los Cabos to your Saves list
Barcelo Grand Faro Los Cabos
3.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Blvd. San Jose s/n, Seccion Hotelera 1 Zona Fonatur, San Jose del Cabo 23400, Mexico   |
Special Offer
Early booking offer
Ranked #25 of 37 Hotels in San Jose del Cabo
“Wonderful Vacation Spot”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed today NEW

Came here with my mother and twin daughters, we were treated like royalty. Would love to come back and visit again. Cabo Adventures swimming with the whale sharks was amazing. Not to mention the sunset cruise we went on and swimming with the dolphins. Thank You Christian for booking our adventures :). See you again soon.

• Stayed December 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (251)
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Last spring, I saw a Groupon for a deal for an all inclusive in Cabo. My husband was away on deployment and I had been renting our spare room for $800/month. The Groupon was for $800 for a 5 night stay- perfect! One month renting the room paid for the vacation minus airfare! It was to be our post deployment romantic vacation. However, I was a little paranoid A) getting a hotel on Groupon 2) reading the reviews on TripAdvisor....

However, I can't say enough positive things about our vacation here! Since we got a great deal on the Groupon, we decided to upgrade to the Premium. You get a special check in, air conditioned with food and beverages. If it is within your budget- I HIGHLY suggest the upgrade. You can eat at the restaurants every night for dinner and you can pop into the Premium lounge for 24/7 food and alcohol. The premium check in was wonderful- we were handed champagne and discussed all of the charges, amenities, etc.

Our room was on the top floor, facing the ocean. We got a room with a Jacuzzi tub, which was a little too small for us (my husband is 6'4 so don't read too much into that!). However, the room was clean, the furniture was sturdy, and the bathroom was nice and large. Maybe some people were expecting The Four Seasons, but as someone who has traveled internationally before, I was very impressed with the room.

The large pool has a swim up bar and is very large. There is another pool for activities and an infinity pool overlooking the ocean. I did notice that during the week days- it was all adults. On the weekend- it was families with children. Now, I don't mind children but if you are looking for more one-on-one adult time, book during the week! The pool was a great temperature and always filled with lively conversation from other guests or the bar attendants. The bar had covered buffet food- mostly hot dogs, burgers, nachos - bar food. It is not my style but I did enjoy some poolside nachos!

Ok- the food! There are three restaurants and the cafeteria style area. If you do premium, you can eat at the restaurants every night. We did not go to the sushi restaurant, so I can only comment on the cafeteria (best word I can come up with, but definitely not Lunch Lady Land).
The Mexican restaurant was my favorite. If you like seared tuna, I would suggest getting that and the ceviche. We were greeted by the host, who showed us a table of tequila and we all took a shot! We were lucky and ended up with the same waiter for the entire vacation- Jairo- one of the sweetest, most attentive servers I have ever had! The Italian restaurant was also wonderful! The cafeteria was where we ate every morning. We enjoy breakfast potatoes, coffee and bacon...but they had PLENTY to eat!

Also, there is a top "club" bar. It has great views, great bar tenders and play hilarious throw back 80s/90s music videos. My husband and I LOVE watching music videos so between that, the view, and the drinks- we had a great time!

Since we were there for my birthday, my husband and I treated ourselves to pedicures at the spa. It was heaven! We started with 15 minutes in the steam room, then 15 minutes in the sauna, and 15 minutes in the hot tub! After all of that, I think all of the alcohol was out of our system and we were 5 lbs lighter! The pedicure was great, but the spa treatment before was really luxury!

My suggestions to those who go to Barcelo: 1) Tip at the start. An old trick we have learned from being wedding guests is to tip heavy at the begining. A nice twenty to the bar tender on day one ensures he will take care of you the rest of the trip. It was my birthday and I got a poolside margarita delivered to me and my martinis were never empty! 2) Upgrade to Premium. Its your vacation- get the concierge, free wifi, yummy restaurants every night, premium open bars..Just go for it! 3) Don't go on to the beach. Stay at the resort and the pool. As soon as we tried to take a walk on the beach, we were offered cigars, tequila, dolls and weed. We were interested in none.

Have fun and enjoy- I know we did! But then, all we wanted to do was lay in the sun, hang in the pool, eat good food, play nightly trivia, play pool volleyball, and relax. If that's not your thing, maybe this isn't the place!

Room Tip: Ocean view junior suite
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
nova scotia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

We had the pleasure of being at the Barcelo GF post-hurricane Odile when it was barely half full. This made for a terrific experience -- no line-ups for food, no hassle getting chairs, and only a few idiots who drink too much and become obnoxious ( a problem at most all-inclusives). Our check-in experience was not good in that we had booked premium but were not checked in as such and had to argue for it. Then when we went to our room (which was very nice, spacious with a great view), we found that the safe did not work. After getting those issues sorted out things were very good.
The location is perfect - walking distance to stores and Starbucks in one direction, and the charming town of San Jose del Cabo the other. The grounds of the hotel are very nice - - they had done a marvelous job of replanting. There are three swimming pools - the large one was very cold, the other two were warm. It would be nice if one pool was reserved for adults and swimming, but most folks seem to prefer to float around with drinks so even at half empty, there were times with no space for those of us who actually want to swim. Food at the a la carte restaurants was excellent and the service was exemplary. The buffets were varied and plentiful, but hot food was often tepid or cold.
Overall a very good experience in part due to the friendliness of the wonderful staff.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Check in was unorganized, they didn't have rooms ready. When I asked for an upgrade for wasting a day, making sure it was on the house, they have it too me. Restaurants served under cooked food, and were open sporadically. Good thing the restaurants near by had good food. There was a conference going one during our stay, and service quality went down to the tourists (we weren't the only ones who noted this.) and the conference goers made most tourists feel uncomfortable.

Upon check out I signed everything, ensured that everything was in correct order and paid. A month later I receive a $1000 charge and haven't been able to get an answer from these people. I have contacted a lawyer to resolve this matter.

All in all, don't stay at this place. Stay in Cabo if you want to enjoy the area, but if you want to stay out, the Azule, and royal Solaris are better options.

• Stayed November 2014
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW via mobile

Excellent place , good staff , very friendly helpful staff , you can rent a car right at the hotel which is nice under construction from hurricane but is minor , we would definitely recommend here , the sky bar is the only thing not open which we would have liked to experience

• Stayed December 2014
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW via mobile

The Hotel instalations are in good conditions after the Hurricane; great service from all staff, I enjoy the nigth shows and the food is amazing.
There are also "romantic dinners" at the beach organized by Katherin, that I recomend If you come to Los Cabos with your wife.

• Stayed November 2014
Superior, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

This is a great place. It has the potential to be much better. It has a great location AND it survived the Hurricane while most of its neighbors did not. It's an older hotel & has changed hands a couple of times, thus the need for love in the rooms. They just need updated, and I am sure they will get to it. I am not usually a fan of all inclusive because I like storing drinks and I like going out to the restaurants, and San Jose has some of the best anywhere, that being said the breakfast was excellent! The lunch we had once & after that just walked up or across the street & tried all the other places too, we never even tried any of the dinner places here. That may sound like a waste but we earned our money at the bars cause they made the drinks however you wanted them. Tip and you shall receive. Tip any way cause they need it bad right now, their income is based on tourism and they all got hit extremely hard by this hurricane, so give everyone some love & you will be helping the whole community., the pools are nice, I did get a little tired of hearing the loud speaker most of the day for all of the Pool activities and crazy loud music ( we weren't he only people with this opinion ) the service and the staff are excellent all the way around, the rooms need a little work & just updated, this is the only thing holding them back, but I would still return.

Room Tip: Club rooms have free WiFi and better drinks
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Barcelo Grand Faro Los Cabos? Share your experiences!