“Amazing stay!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Barcelo Grand Faro Los Cabos

Save Saved
You added Barcelo Grand Faro Los Cabos to your Saves list
Barcelo Grand Faro Los Cabos
3.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Blvd. San Jose s/n, Seccion Hotelera 1 Zona Fonatur, San Jose del Cabo 23400, Mexico   |
Ranked #25 of 39 hotels in San Jose del Cabo
“Amazing stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

We spent the past 10 days at Barcelo' Grand Faro and both my father and I have to say it was one of the best all inclusive hotel's to date. At the pools: Jazmine, Carlos, and Eddie were proactive and friendly with daily volleyball matches and aqua aerobics, both which were fun and full of laughs. Victor, one of the bartenders was really nice and proactive with conversations to the customers. The Chef, Raul Reyes, always made a point to visit as many tables as he could to ask about the food quality and taste which was always nice and reassuring. The sky bar has an amazing view to watch the sunset and enjoy a view of the surrounding area. Personally I found the food at the Italian restaurant La Gondola to be a bit dry, but still a good time. Thanks for everything guys!!

Caroline Pastorelli and Paolo Pastorelli

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

543 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (215)
Brentwood, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Not only did I book this resort for a 10 day vacation, we also booked it for our wedding. Neither my husband or I had ever seen the resort in person so it was a bit of a risk, that totally worked out. Grounds are beautiful, service is amazing, staff is friendly, food is good, rooms were clean! Our wedding coordinator was fantastic, she was in constant communication with me and she had everything arranged perfectly from my make up artist, flowers, ceremony set up and reception. This resort is such an affordable vacation, we ended up having 72 guests come to our wedding and vacation at the resort as well. I know if we had chosen one of the more pricey resorts we would not have been able to have as many people join us. As for vacationing there, I would go back in a heart beat and so would our guests. We went in October, the weather was great. The food was good too. The restaurants that require dinner reservations and the breakfast buffet were excellent. The dinner buffet was just alright. They also had a snack bar and buffet you could get food at for lunch. The snack bar area was right by the pools so it was convenient. The drinks were good too. Also, this resort is kid friendly. We did have a couple children at our wedding and the resort had a children's area where you could check your child in for a few hours. My husband and I had massages which were really nice. The grounds are super well kept and the resort is clean. We can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: We stayed in the tower, it was a really nice view of the ocean with a nice balcony. All room locatio...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

The Sky Bar had a great bartender Francisco! He made homemade cocktails from his own recipes and changed the menu every night with new and exciting drinks! He made a nice ending to our wonderful experience every night! Also, loved the great mix of music!

The swim up bar had great service and strong drinks. Good job Manuel and Mauricio!
The beachfront hotel with the infinity pool facing the beach made the experience beautiful!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Richmond, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I have been to a few All Inclusive Resorts and my experience at Barcelo Grand Faro is one of the tops. Particularly, what I am impressed most of this Resort is that everything is well above average and very consistent. Nothing spectacular but at the same time, nothing to frown about. Sometimes you have hotels that excel in one aspect but fail on others. At this Resort, I would say that everything is at least 8 out of 10. I will keep the rating with simple pros & cons and then add a little drescriptive thoughts at the end for those interested to hear a few more comments on this hotel.

Pros:
All rooms probably have some "ocean views".
3 pools at the hotel. 1 main pool (with swim up bar) which we spent half a day in. 1 activity pool where we spent the majority of time hanging around and an infinity pool looking over the ocean. Facilitated activities start from around 11am to about 4pm. Facilitators (Jazmine, Eddie & JC) were quite friendly and engaging. Activity lacks variation but facilitators were engaging. Swim up bar opens at 11am, I think this is a bit later than other AI resorts I have been in. I like lounging near the activity pool as I can hop between the infinity pool when I want to relax and hop back to the Activity pool for some excitement.
Food at the general buffet was quite excellent. We stayed 8 days and experienced only a bit of repeats. In addition, I would say that the quality of food at the buffet is sometimes comparable to the a-la-carte dining. The theme nights also add some variation.
Air-Cond worked!
NO TIMESHARE and the beach vendors are very polite.
Responsible staff overlooking the beach. I have seen numerous occasions when the staff would go to the beach and haul kids out from the water (the ocean is not swimmable). I have taken strolls along the beachfront and other hotels wouldn't care less.

Cons:
Hotel room is the no gimmick type, nothing fancy, has all necessities but definitely could do with some upgrading.
Hotel ground is simple & clean. Pretty but not grand.
A-la-carte restaurants are all humbly decorated. Besides having a-la-carte service, the dining atmosphere does not give the extra acclamation for "fine dining".
The drinks were so-so.

Overall, I felt that all hotel staff had good intention to make my stay relaxing and comfortable. Service was good even at times when there was no tipping. The a-la-carte restaurant has some really nice staff (Julio/Jairo was really courteous and nice, Luis was providing good food advice, another older Julio worked really hard to please). There were other staff who waited on us but my apologies of not being able to remember all their names. All of them were great. At the Excursion Centre, both Christian & Michel were also very helpful.

Room Tip: upper rooms probably have better views but then again, I am there not there to sit in my room so its...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Meredith L, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Barcelo Grand Faro Los Cabos, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Dear Brobro888,

We do appreciate you took the time to share with us such a detail review following your last trip to our property. We are pleased to hear we were able to show you the high levels of service we are known for and to know we are part of your top options, that makes us feel proud.

We are glad to hear you had a great time with your entertainment staff, they are really good at, and make our guest have a ball. As you would notice our head chef cooks a extensive variety of food, with excellent buffets as well.

Please rest assured that we are going to address your comments about the decoration to our general managing, we absolutely think the decoration is really important in order to have a great atmosphere, maybe we could make a little investment on it.

We hope to have the honor to welcome you again in the near feature at Barceló Grand Faro Los Cabos.

Asistente Ventas / Sales Asistant
Bellingham, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Can't thank the wonderful people of Barcelo enough! I would like to highlight Jesus Velazquez (the best server in all the resort) and Maria in the club premium lounge. The food was fantastic, room service was expedient, and the drinks were always mixed extremely well. We would stay here anytime we return to San Jose del Cabo!

Room Tip: Go for the CLUB PREMIUM its worth its weight in gold!!!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Meredith L, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Barcelo Grand Faro Los Cabos, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Dear QuintonMc,

We are glad to hear such a great experienced that you had at our resort, thank you for sharing your comments.

We are pleased to read through the kindness of our staff we were able to exceed your expectations and show you the high levels of service we are known for.

Please rest assured that we are going to share your gratitude to the people you took the time to mention.

It is really great to read you are considering to come back that is gratifying for us. Please do not hesitate to contact me for any help you need planning your next get away to Barceló Grand Faro Los Cabos, it would be my pleasure to assist you.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

I have finally got around to writing this review after visiting last summer when it was still Hola Grand Faro. I am not going to talk about the service since it may have changed with the new management but I will concentrate on the hotel itself. The property is very beautiful and configured in a horseshoe. There are 3 pools in the middle that work their way down to the beach. The beach is beautiful but for the most part, you can not swim in the beaches of San Jose. We had a room on the ground floor and I loved the fact that I could walk out of my patio door and the pool was right there. Also, the bars were close. The hotel also has a sky bar in the front which is cool. The town of San Jose is a short walk away and you can take the city bus to San Lucas. We really enjoyed the Hola Grand Faro and hope Barcelo is doing a good job managing the property. You can get a great deal online and should be able to get the room for less than $200 a night. Groupon and Living Social have deals quite often. This place is a bargain at that price.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Meredith L, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Barcelo Grand Faro Los Cabos, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Dear Hoopcoach,

We do appreciate you took the time to write a review to talk about the property and the services as well.

We are glad to hear you enjoyed the time you spend at our resort, since you came some things have been changed, however we are still focus on our guest satisfaction. We hope you give us the opportunity to show you how we have been improved, for sure you could find good deals to come here and let us to pamper you.

Please free to contact me if you need any assistance planning your next trip to Los Cabos.

Winnipeg, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

Hi, My Name is Sandra Ortiz, I recently had the tremendous experience of travel from Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada to Baja California “Los Cabos, San Jose” with my Mother (Mercedes), my Cousin (Isabel), and Grandmother (Maria Esperanza,102 years old). We came back home happiest, renovate with new energy after eight days of fabulous vacations, we stronger believe that we pick the best hotel selection in the area. BARCELO GRAND FARO
Commonly, people say “ We are who make a PARTY a pleasant place to stay and enjoy”, I have to say and recognise that in this occasion the hospitality of Mexicans from Baja California, as well the amazing people, and workers that We meet at Barceló Grand Faro make our vacation time non forgettable and a sensational experience.
The Personal who works in Barceló Grand Faro, make you feel like: YOU ARE THE MOST IMPORTANT PERSON IN THE HOTEL.
Delicious and variety food always was waiting for us at meal times and during the day: The hotel offered Mexican, Italian, Mediterranean, Spain, American style food, and incredible Sushi Bar. The hotel and all installations always were in an impeccable appearance, excellent clean conditions, and well organized. The workers were always friendly, with a visible smile in their face, and in their best disposition to do their best.
We would like to express special thanks to Mariana Rodriguez (Reception and Registration Desk), Cristian (Hospitality Department / The best disposition to assist), Ernesto Martinez (Food and Beverage Manager), Barbara Ann (Our Friendly Morning Hostess Personal) Lucio Villa (Tremendous Waiter), and Carla (Amazing house keeper).
We are more than happy to recommend to others family members, friends, and general public to visit and enjoy THE BEST VACATION AND RELAXING TIME AT BARCELO GRAND FARO IN CABO SAN JOSE.

The location and disposition of the buildings are excellent, we really enjoy the natural lights and balcony of our rooms, the air flow on the rooms and corridors, and how the construction’s materials control the outside noise from the rooms. In a few words the Hotel and all installations has an excellent design.

Room Tip: Right there in between all Cabos, easy access to the pre colonial and colonial places and towns, mus...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Dear Sandra,

Comments like yours are a truly inspiration for us and all our team. At the time we read your review we felt proud of all our staff, who definitely always make their best to show our guest how important they are for us, as you could noticed.

Thank you for sharing with us your experience, we are pleased to read you had a great family vacation, as you said our guest are our most important people, and when we make our guest feel this, is just amazing!!!!

Please rest assured we are going to share such a wonderful review with our team, especially with the people you took the time to mention.

We hope to have the honor to welcome you again in the near feature. Please do not hesitate to contact me if you need any assistance planning your next get away to Barcelo Grand Faro Los Cabos, we are going to be ready to pamper you!!

Barceló Grand Faro Los Cabos

Been to Barcelo Grand Faro Los Cabos? Share your experiences!