“"Great location, great food, awesome staff, amazing ocean-side buffet and bar, and possibly the best value ever"” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Barcelo Grand Faro Los Cabos

Save Saved
You added Barcelo Grand Faro Los Cabos to your Saves list
Barcelo Grand Faro Los Cabos
3.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Blvd. San Jose s/n, Seccion Hotelera 1 Zona Fonatur, San Jose del Cabo 23400, Mexico   |
Ranked #25 of 39 hotels in San Jose del Cabo
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

As you may know, Mina and I have been to a lot of places, found a lot of gems, and stepped on the odd "turd", but this place was heaven.

I don't know where to start, so I'll just wade in.......when you think back on the places you've been and the hotels you've stayed at, what comes to mind? For me it will usually be the bar at the hotel first......I know, that's not probably not putting my best face forward, but, let's face it, if a person can slip away for a drink now and then, while the wife and kids are on the beach or in the pool, whatever, and experience something totally awesome......well, you too would remember it first when you recall this hotel.

As you look at this hotel from the water, there is an area at the front of the left wing, bottom floor, on the beach, with a bar in the corner.....this is where the buffets are put out, from first thing in the morning......it is an amazing place to go in the morning......cool ocean breezes massage you with fragrant scents as you enjoy the great selection of breakfast delights....there is a part of me, no matter where Mina and I travel in the world, and where we might be, that always compares the experience to this bar, restaurant, buffet, whatever it's called......it was some architects master stroke to put this here......

Our room, was facing the ocean at the front, of the right hand wing, ground floor.....we could not have been happier with it, or the staff......I don't know about you, but Mina and I travel so much I think we have become somewhat jaded, in that we only notice the negative things at the time we are somewhere......it's after we leave we most often reflect on the positive things......do you know what I mean? If something is wrong, or bothering you, it demands rectification....now.....if nothing negative pops up we just enjoy.....well that sums up this hotel.....nothing negative ever pops up......oh, hold it.....wifi.....not so good.....if like us, you have to keep in touch with whomever, well it could be better at his hotel.....but, that said, it's worlds ahead of a lot of places in Mexico, and on a different planet to Cuba and even places in Italy....

This hotel's beach may be not the best for swimming, (the undertow) but it sure is beautiful to walk on......as for the ocean, it's only the top 12 inches of water that's warm anyway!

This hotel is located on the beach as you drive from the inland airport. You pass by San Jose del cabo, and about 30 minutes past the hotel you get to Cabo san Lucas. Be clear here, if you want loud, touristy, etc. go to Cabo san Lucas......if you want quiet, local families in a real small Mexican town, go to San Jose del cabo. This hotel is so close to San Jose del cabo, you will find the charm and closeness it has to offer drawing you back to walk it's cobblestone streets......now don't get me wrong, Mina and I went into Cabo San Lucas did the walk about tourist thing, had dinner at Cabo Wabo (upstairs) spent the night dancing in the club until at least one, I can't remember, went to some "peeler" bar across the street afterwards, (a total scrungy waste of time by the way) unless you're into that sort of thing....anyway, I guess what I'm saying, is Caba San Lucas is the party place....San Jose del Cabo is the relaxing place.....I just had a thought pop into my head....it's sort of like Carmel, California.....quaint.....relaxing....lots of neat little shops.....you will quickly see Cabo san Lucas is quite different.....we did not go back.....we did go back to San Jose del Cabo.......oh yah, there is a club in San Jose del Cabo,it's on the right hand side of the street, maybe a block from the main square, upstairs, it's owned by a Canadian gentleman, where all the locals go to dance to live Cuban and salsa music every Friday and Saturday.....take it in, it's a lot of fun....a lot of fun

Anyway, enough for now......don't hesitate to stay at this hotel.....you will enjoy it, you will have fun....

Adios

Room Tip: You can't beat being ocean front in either wing
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

493 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (201)
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

My family just returned from 10 days at the resort. We would go back, very little to complain about and lots to rave about. The rooms we had were lovely and large, comfortable beds and great bathrooms. The food at the buffet was very good, we ate at the Italian restaurant as well as the Mexican and were dissapointed with both of those; we found the buffets far better! The sevice overall everywhere in the hotel was exceptional and the activity staff around the pool were energetic and fun. Our favorite pool waiter Manuel was a stand out, attentive and kind. He even came to the beach on my first day to warn me about the dangerous currents as my son was in the water.

My one complaint and its a big one was the serous lack of shade around the pools. We learned after our first day that you need to get your towels out in loungers with an umbrella by 7:30 am before they were all taken! Not something people on vacation want to have to do. Several very nice lounging areas with many loungers sat empty because there was no shade. There needs to be a major investment into several umbrella's and other types of shade. On our last day around the activity pool I counted only 5 umbrellas where there should have been at least 20. I also found that the grounds lacked flowers and landscaping. The outdoor areas in general could be much improved to give the resort a more luxurious feel; I heard several people every day complaining about the umbrella situation and really the pools and beach is what you go to a resort for! It is a beautiful beach but the lounging area at the beach felt very low budget and unappealing. I think given the quality of everything else the hotel offers and its marvelous staff this it's important they make this improvement.

Lethbridge, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

We really enjoyed our stay at Barceló, we found the food was really good, good selection of meats and vegetables and everything else. The facilities are very clean and the staff are very friendly and kind. Some of the people we remember are Carmen with the smile of an angel, Marcelo always funny and kind, Efrain, Jesus, Pedro, Ismael, Christian, Felipe and many others who made our vacation so special. They all work very hard and were always very friendly.
I did enjoyed the shows at night, I wish they had some dancing lessons, I love salsa dancing and need to practice more...I did not like the beach, not good for swimming, but the pools are big and nice.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Meredith L, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Barcelo Grand Faro Los Cabos, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Dear Amanda074,

We are pleased to read you had a great time at our resort, thank you for sharing with us your experience, everytime we read our guest had a great stay we feel proud ann glad to know we are doing well.

It is great to read you remember some of our staff´s names, that means they really did something great, as all our staff does, it is always our pleasure to provide the best service, in order to create the most amazing experience on our guest´s vacations. Please rest assured that we will share this comments with all the staff you kindly mentioned.

About the dancing lessons we will share your comment with aou Entertainent manager, who is going to include this kind of activities.

We hope to have the honor to welcome you again in the near feature, next time you could join salsa lessons. Please do not hesitate to contact me if you need any help planning your nest get away to Los Cabos.

Asistente Ventas/ Sales Assistant
Surrey, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Our Room was Beautiful, but the reason for the 4 stars is, the Beds!! Why so hard!?

My Waiters Carlos Castro, and Alberto Welderez<sp> were just awesome, they went out of their way to bring me and my family all we needed, Thank you again Carlos and Alberto!! BTW Carlos they love the picture of us!! Thanks Again, Deb

Room Tip: Do yourself a favor all, Make sure you upgrade to Premium The best rooms, and best views!!!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Meredith L, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Barcelo Grand Faro Los Cabos, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Dear Mocom1,

We appreciate you took the time to share with us your gratitude for the excellent service you received by Carlos and Alberto. It was their pleasure to went out their way to make you enjoy your food, we would love to see this picture and could share with Carlos, it will be a great memory for him.

We will share your comment about the beds, we will find the solution in order to give the most comfortable stay to our guest.

We hope to have the honor to welcome you again in the near feature.

Warm regadars,

New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

Last week I had the opportunity to enjoy six magnificent days at your hotel. The entire personal is very nice and one feels treated with respect and dignity. Katherinne Palma was my host every night I visited La Gondola when eating a-la-cart. Jairo was also very service oriented and Jose as well. I've also enjoyed the show fiesta and the Vegas and latin night shows.
I wish you had more dancing activities during the day and a Disco but perhaps next year when I am planning to visit Barcelo again, you guy will incorporate more entertainment and louder music by the pool.
Thank you for your great hospitality and for the wonderful hard working people that made sure I was feeling okay at all the time.

Room Tip: Get a corner suite if you can,
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Dear E M,

On behalf of all the staff of Barceló Grand Faro Los Cabos, we want to thank you for sharing your experience at our resort, we are pleased to read such a wonderful review from you.

We feel honored to read you had a great time ar our resort through the kindness of our staff, we always make our best to make our guest feel as special as they are for us, as you could noticed with the service of Katherine, Jairo and Jose.

It is great to hear you enjoyed your night entertainment, please rest assured that your comments about the dancing activities will be share with our entertainment manager, who is actually working on the activities program, in order to have the most amazing activities for our guest, including dancing activities for sure.

We are glad to read you are considering to come back, please do not hesitate to contact me if you need anything planning your next get away to Barceló Grand Faro Los Cabos.

Asistente Ventas / Sales Assistant
California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Our stay 7/8 to 7/15, was enjoyable, food was good especially at The Italian which you have to book the day of, just one thing spoiled our vacation & that was the charge for Internet service which having paid for had terrible reception, we couldn't get on the Internet at all when in our room. We have been to many all inclusive resorts, this one we liked but would probably look at other resorts for our next trip to Cabo.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Meredith L, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Barcelo Grand Faro Los Cabos, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Limeyp,

We appreciate you took the time to share with us your experience at Barcelo Grand Faro Los Cabos.

We are pleased to read you had such a great experience at our Italian restaurante, we hope you have tried our special Limoncello.

We are sorry to hear that because of the Internet trouble your stay was not perfect, please rest assured that we will check this situation with our technology support staff , in order to avoid this kind of situations.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again in the near feature.

VACAVILLE, CALIFORNIA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We visited with our 20 year old daughter and a friend in July 2014. We had a 5 day/ 4 night package. The room was very nice and in the front, near the beach. The room was smaller than some other Barceló hotels, but certainly adequate. The pools were clean and large. Most of the poolside chairs had towels on them by 7 AM, and there were not enough chairs for everyone.
The dining was fine, although cleanliness in the poolside lunch buffet line deteriorated as the day went along. The food was adequate, and each day, there was a special served--steak or chicken on a grill, fresh ceviche were 2, that were outstandingly tasty and fresh. The breakfast buffet was usually crowded by 9AM with quite long lines. The breakfast/dinner buffet room needs to be about twice it's present size, or the lunch buffet area could also be used. The beach is clean, but dangerous to swim at. There are large powerful waves, and a strong undertow unless the tide is out. There are no lifeguards. It is suitable for only the most experienced and strong ocean swimmers. Excursions from the hotel are plentiful, but seem unusually expensive. A Dolphin Adventure cost about $115 per person, and was held in a nearby dolphin center in an indoor pool. The girls said it lasted about 45 minutes and cameras were not allowed.

Room Tip: Try to get one closer to the beach. You will be very near the pools, beach and lunchtime dining.
Dear Twillie,

Thank you for sharing with us your comments following your last trip to Los Cabos, your opinion is really important for us.

We are glad to read you liked the food and to know you enjoyed the fresh ceviche our chefs cooked, they are really good at and they always make their best to make the most delicious and unforgettable food for all our guest who deserve it.

Please rest assured that your comments are going to be shared with all our head departments, we are working very hard to improve our standards according to Barcelo Hotel & Resorts in order to provide the best service to our guest.

We hope to have the honor to welcome you again in the near feature.

Barceló Grand Faro Los Cabos

Been to Barcelo Grand Faro Los Cabos? Share your experiences!