As you may know, Mina and I have been to a lot of places, found a lot of gems, and stepped on the odd "turd", but this place was heaven.
I don't know where to start, so I'll just wade in.......when you think back on the places you've been and the hotels you've stayed at, what comes to mind? For me it will usually be the bar at the hotel first......I know, that's not probably not putting my best face forward, but, let's face it, if a person can slip away for a drink now and then, while the wife and kids are on the beach or in the pool, whatever, and experience something totally awesome......well, you too would remember it first when you recall this hotel.
As you look at this hotel from the water, there is an area at the front of the left wing, bottom floor, on the beach, with a bar in the corner.....this is where the buffets are put out, from first thing in the morning......it is an amazing place to go in the morning......cool ocean breezes massage you with fragrant scents as you enjoy the great selection of breakfast delights....there is a part of me, no matter where Mina and I travel in the world, and where we might be, that always compares the experience to this bar, restaurant, buffet, whatever it's called......it was some architects master stroke to put this here......
Our room, was facing the ocean at the front, of the right hand wing, ground floor.....we could not have been happier with it, or the staff......I don't know about you, but Mina and I travel so much I think we have become somewhat jaded, in that we only notice the negative things at the time we are somewhere......it's after we leave we most often reflect on the positive things......do you know what I mean? If something is wrong, or bothering you, it demands rectification....now.....if nothing negative pops up we just enjoy.....well that sums up this hotel.....nothing negative ever pops up......oh, hold it.....wifi.....not so good.....if like us, you have to keep in touch with whomever, well it could be better at his hotel.....but, that said, it's worlds ahead of a lot of places in Mexico, and on a different planet to Cuba and even places in Italy....
This hotel's beach may be not the best for swimming, (the undertow) but it sure is beautiful to walk on......as for the ocean, it's only the top 12 inches of water that's warm anyway!
This hotel is located on the beach as you drive from the inland airport. You pass by San Jose del cabo, and about 30 minutes past the hotel you get to Cabo san Lucas. Be clear here, if you want loud, touristy, etc. go to Cabo san Lucas......if you want quiet, local families in a real small Mexican town, go to San Jose del cabo. This hotel is so close to San Jose del cabo, you will find the charm and closeness it has to offer drawing you back to walk it's cobblestone streets......now don't get me wrong, Mina and I went into Cabo San Lucas did the walk about tourist thing, had dinner at Cabo Wabo (upstairs) spent the night dancing in the club until at least one, I can't remember, went to some "peeler" bar across the street afterwards, (a total scrungy waste of time by the way) unless you're into that sort of thing....anyway, I guess what I'm saying, is Caba San Lucas is the party place....San Jose del Cabo is the relaxing place.....I just had a thought pop into my head....it's sort of like Carmel, California.....quaint.....relaxing....lots of neat little shops.....you will quickly see Cabo san Lucas is quite different.....we did not go back.....we did go back to San Jose del Cabo.......oh yah, there is a club in San Jose del Cabo,it's on the right hand side of the street, maybe a block from the main square, upstairs, it's owned by a Canadian gentleman, where all the locals go to dance to live Cuban and salsa music every Friday and Saturday.....take it in, it's a lot of fun....a lot of fun
Anyway, enough for now......don't hesitate to stay at this hotel.....you will enjoy it, you will have fun....
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel Barceló Grand Faro Los Cabos***** is a resort situated on the shores of the spectacular beach on the Sea of Cortés. It is a hotel for enjoying the peace and quiet of Los Cabos, the relaxing atmosphere of San José and the gentle whisper of the sea. The hotel boasts 350 luxurious rooms and suites distributed over 3 buildings: Luna, Estrella and Torre Sol. All the rooms have a private balcony with views over the Sea of Cortés and are equipped with a number of first class details to ensure your stay is a memorable occasion. The most discerning guests can enjoy the Barceló All Inclusive programme on offer at the resort. The Barceló Grand Faro Los Cabos hotel is well-known as one of the best All Inclusive hotels in the area thanks to the quality and added value it offers its guests. There are 5 restaurants and 3 bars in the hotel offering a wide-range of gastronomy, including an extraordinary selection of international, Mexican and Italian cuisine. Its on site convention and meeting centre boasts 2,620 m2 of space to accommodate all types of events. Plan your corporate meetings, conventions or weddings in the best facilities on offer in Los Cabos. And not forgetting the youngest members of the family, who can have fun in the hotel's water park or in La Tortuga, the children's club. The Barceló Grand Faro Los Cabos hotel is the perfect choice for enjoying your trip. If you are travelling for business, or spending a holiday with your partner or family, don't hesitate in visiting us! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Tingo, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Otel and Venere so you can book your Barcelo Grand Faro Los Cabos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hola Grand Faro Los Cabos Hotel San Jose Del Cabo
- Crown Plaza Los Cabos
- Barcelo Grand Faro Los Cabos San Jose Del Cabo