My family just returned from 10 days at the resort. We would go back, very little to complain about and lots to rave about. The rooms we had were lovely and large, comfortable beds and great bathrooms. The food at the buffet was very good, we ate at the Italian restaurant as well as the Mexican and were dissapointed with both of those; we found the buffets far better! The sevice overall everywhere in the hotel was exceptional and the activity staff around the pool were energetic and fun. Our favorite pool waiter Manuel was a stand out, attentive and kind. He even came to the beach on my first day to warn me about the dangerous currents as my son was in the water.
My one complaint and its a big one was the serous lack of shade around the pools. We learned after our first day that you need to get your towels out in loungers with an umbrella by 7:30 am before they were all taken! Not something people on vacation want to have to do. Several very nice lounging areas with many loungers sat empty because there was no shade. There needs to be a major investment into several umbrella's and other types of shade. On our last day around the activity pool I counted only 5 umbrellas where there should have been at least 20. I also found that the grounds lacked flowers and landscaping. The outdoor areas in general could be much improved to give the resort a more luxurious feel; I heard several people every day complaining about the umbrella situation and really the pools and beach is what you go to a resort for! It is a beautiful beach but the lounging area at the beach felt very low budget and unappealing. I think given the quality of everything else the hotel offers and its marvelous staff this it's important they make this improvement.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel Barceló Grand Faro Los Cabos***** is a resort situated on the shores of the spectacular beach on the Sea of Cortés. It is a hotel for enjoying the peace and quiet of Los Cabos, the relaxing atmosphere of San José and the gentle whisper of the sea. The hotel boasts 350 luxurious rooms and suites distributed over 3 buildings: Luna, Estrella and Torre Sol. All the rooms have a private balcony with views over the Sea of Cortés and are equipped with a number of first class details to ensure your stay is a memorable occasion. The most discerning guests can enjoy the Barceló All Inclusive programme on offer at the resort. The Barceló Grand Faro Los Cabos hotel is well-known as one of the best All Inclusive hotels in the area thanks to the quality and added value it offers its guests. There are 5 restaurants and 3 bars in the hotel offering a wide-range of gastronomy, including an extraordinary selection of international, Mexican and Italian cuisine. Its on site convention and meeting centre boasts 2,620 m2 of space to accommodate all types of events. Plan your corporate meetings, conventions or weddings in the best facilities on offer in Los Cabos. And not forgetting the youngest members of the family, who can have fun in the hotel's water park or in La Tortuga, the children's club. The Barceló Grand Faro Los Cabos hotel is the perfect choice for enjoying your trip. If you are travelling for business, or spending a holiday with your partner or family, don't hesitate in visiting us! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Tingo, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Otel and Venere so you can book your Barcelo Grand Faro Los Cabos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hola Grand Faro Los Cabos Hotel San Jose Del Cabo
- Crown Plaza Los Cabos
- Barcelo Grand Faro Los Cabos San Jose Del Cabo