The Barcelo is a great hotel. It's 20 minutes from the Airport which is great.
Check in was a breeze, we were done within 10 minutes of getting off the bus. The locations of the rooms are great. There are 3 buildings all connected so there is not a lot of navigation to find things around.
We had the deluxe superior all inclusive room, that had an ocean view (every room in the hotel has an ocean view) The room was large, and very clean. There was no bath only a shower, but other than that the bathroom was also very clean and actually bigger than any other hotels I've been to. One issue is with the cleaning. If you are in one of the suites your cleaning is done first thing in the mornings. The other rooms take much longer. We left our room at 11:00am in the mornings and sometimes the rooms are not cleaned at 4:00pm when we get back to change.
There are 5 pools at the Barcelo, the main pool which is quite large, there is a quiet pool in an adults only section (shaded section) an infinity pool which overlooks the beach, an activity pool and a kids pool in a kids play area. The pools are not warm, but you will get used to it after you've been in a while. They are never crowded and you can always find an empty lounge chair around the pool any time during the day (except for the ones in the shade).
The beach is awesome. You will be warned about the under tow and told not to swim. In my experience it depends on your level of swimming ability. The waves are sometimes very strong and you will feel the pulling of the outgoing and incoming waves. You can however walk out more than 10 feet and the water will not be above your waist. We were in the water diving in waves with our 3 year old son with no problems. If you live body surfing, wave diving, you will have a wonderful time at this beach. Very few people go the beach or in the ocean. You can take your towels and have a fun day there. The beach is also VERY long. You can walk for an hour in either direction and still not cover all the beach. It is great for evening walks.
Yes you can see the whales. We saw them everyday, from the beach, and also from our balcony. You will see the spray and then you will see either a huge tail or a head. It's absolutely amazing to see. Once they were 2 of them that so close to the shore. The shore was lined with people watching them.
On a scale of Cuba (nicest) to Jamaica (most aggressive) the vendors were Cuba. They are very polite, they don't even come that close to you and as soon as you say "no thanks" they leave. Very nice.
It's typical resort food, bland, very few local dishes. There was a good variety each day, and lots of fresh juices each morning at breakfast. The staff are always friendly and attentive.
The activities are quite pricey. We did an ATV tour and had to pay USD$350.00 to get a bigger ATV for 2 adults and a 3 year old. Whale watching was USD$250.00 per person. Swimming with the Dolphins was USD$148.00 per person.
Cabo was great, the only draw back to this location is that there are more than 20 hotels lined up along the beach, so once you've done one, there is really no point in going to one of the others because you are in the exact same location. Going there once however is a great experience.
- Also Known As:
- Hola Grand Faro Los Cabos Hotel San Jose Del Cabo
- Hola Grand Faro Los Cabos Hotel
- Crowne Plaza Los Cabos
- Crown Plaza Los Cabos
- Barcelo Grand Faro Los Cabos San Jose Del Cabo
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel Barceló Grand Faro Los Cabos***** is a resort situated on the shores of the spectacular beach on the Sea of Cortés. It is a hotel for enjoying the peace and quiet of Los Cabos, the relaxing atmosphere of San José and the gentle whisper of the sea. The hotel boasts 350 luxurious rooms and suites distributed over 3 buildings: Luna, Estrella and Torre Sol. All the rooms have a private balcony with views over the Sea of Cortés and are equipped with a number of first class details to ensure your stay is a memorable occasion. The most discerning guests can enjoy the Barceló All Inclusive programme on offer at the resort. The Barceló Grand Faro Los Cabos hotel is well-known as one of the best All Inclusive hotels in the area thanks to the quality and added value it offers its guests. There are 5 restaurants and 3 bars in the hotel offering a wide-range of gastronomy, including an extraordinary selection of international, Mexican and Italian cuisine. Its on site convention and meeting centre boasts 2,620 m2 of space to accommodate all types of events. Plan your corporate meetings, conventions or weddings in the best facilities on offer in Los Cabos. And not forgetting the youngest members of the family, who can have fun in the hotel's water park or in La Tortuga, the children's club. The Barceló Grand Faro Los Cabos hotel is the perfect choice for enjoying your trip. If you are travelling for business, or spending a holiday with your partner or family, don't hesitate in visiting us! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Barcelo, Priceline, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Tingo, getaroom.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Otel, Venere and Fareportal so you can book your Barcelo Grand Faro Los Cabos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.