“What a Hilton Honors welcome!!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort

You added Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort to your Saves list
Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   Carretera Transpeninsular Km. 19.5, San Jose del Cabo 23447, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #2 of 39 Hotels in San Jose del Cabo
Mexico City
“What a Hilton Honors welcome!!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2010

Last year I went in this long weekend to Hilton Cancun and it was a great experience, so this year I was expectingthe same thing for los Cabos, and also expecting more after reading other comments here.
My surprise started in the moment we got out of the cab. Looking that there were more than 3 bell boys, NO ONE helped us with our lugage, I think they were very tired, so we had to carry ours to the reception. After 5 minutes of waiting, the man at the reception instead of giving us the welcome, he told me that WHAT DO I NEED!!!, so I was really confused and dissapointed of a Hilton.
The third thing was I order in my reservation extra towels by my arrive, there were no extra towels.
I had to make some office work, I forgot my pen, so I asked por one pen after looking that the one in my room, was broke.... They never gave me a new one pen only after 45 minutes a have to recall.
The last thing was at the pool bar, when I asked only for a diet coke, an the man that was atending me, told me that I HAD NO DEPOSIT AT THE HOTEL, SO THAT I DID NOT HAVE CREDIT..after I had left an American Expres card at the reception the first day.Later this man apologize this mistake...
Place is very nice, food is very good but expensive, and yes, there are very nice people, but not all, in specific, the reception guy, and bell boys who are the most important people when you arrive, so maybe there is another Hilton los cabos hotel and I arrived at the wrong one!!
Or maybe this is the way they threat a Hilton Honors member,, I was really confused!!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
GabrielaBarron, General Manager at Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort, responded to this review, November 8, 2010
Thank you for taking time to share your experience at our property. We pride ourselves on providing great hospitality and we always appreciate feedback from our guests in order to improve our service in any way possible. We want to sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you experienced during your stay. Please email us the details of your stay through the link at the top of the page so we can take every measure to ensure this is not repeated. Thank you again and we look forward to hearing from you. We hope you will consider visiting us again so we can show you why we are the top-rated resort in Los Cabos.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (598)
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2010

I loved staying at the Hilton in Cabo. My travel style tends more toward getting out and seeing a city (which is possible from the Hilton, though it's about a $30 (USD) cab ride), but we were in Cabo for a destination wedding, and so spent all our time at the hotel. The Hilton was fabulous. All the staff were super-nice and helpful, the restaurants were excellent (if not cheap!), the business center was convenient, and the event-planning staff were INCREDIBLY helpful and generally phenomenal. I was in the wedding party and had a lot of contact with Gaby, the Hilton's wedding-planning person, and she was phenomenal. Smart, helpful, and sweet, she and her staff went beyond and made the wedding ceremony and reception simply run smoothly and well. The pools (and swim-up pool bars!) were nice, there's private beach on the hotel grounds, every room had a nice balcony, and every staff member I dealt with -- room service, concierge, business center, Gaby, poolside staff, bartenders, waiters, etc. -- were unfailingly kind and helpful. It's a bit expensive (for my wallet), but assuming it's within your budget, I'd recommend the Hilton without any hesitation.

• Stayed October 2010
GabrielaBarron, General Manager at Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort, responded to this review, November 9, 2010
Thank you for sharing your experience with the TripAdvisor community! We have to agree that we are a perfect location for destination weddings, and our on-site event staff is stellar. Our wonderful team is dedicated to creating a seamless event that everyone, including the wedding party and guests, can fully enjoy. We are so happy you enjoyed every aspect of the wedding and your stay here. We appreciate your recommendations and hope you will consider us for a future vacation.
Santa Monica, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2010

First of all: the manager of hotel does not need to respond here to my good review. You must have better things to do, like praising your excellent staff, than responding to every good review of your hotel. But thanks for caring about guests' experiences. You must be a great manager, because this was the best Hilton we've ever experienced. It was obvious to us that this hotel really cares about customers and you have a real team effort going on there.

Now for my review: This hotel was one of my favorite stays of all time. The great experience can be fully credited to the staff, who provided outstanding service from our pick-up all the way through to our check-out. Many hotels provide 4-star service, but it was the sincere & genuine hospitality of every staff member that was really impressive.

We used the car service from the airport and loved it (it's silly expensive, but it was really fun). Our check-in was quick, easy, and pleasant. Our room was beautiful, with a fantastic view. The hotel is immaculate and the staff is constantly cleaning and maintaining the grounds. The food is very good (be prepared for high prices, but the quality is excellent and the portions are generous; there is a Deli where you can pick up fruit, sodas, chips, sandwiches, etc). The margaritas are too sweet, but the mojitos are just right — have one! The massages at the spa are much better than average, but the spa facility itself is just average (nice, just not outstanding in any way). The 2 pools are both great. The fitness center is very good, there's someone on staff to make sure that you have a towel and cold water; there's newer equipment and plenty of machines (treadmills, ellipticals, etc - but the TVs on them are mostly broken, so bring your iPod). Housekeeping does a great job. Out room was perfectly cleaned every day. The single negative of our stay was our bed — it was too soft and mushy, but we survived it. If soft mattresses hurt your back, you should inquire ahead of time about firmer beds.

The cab ride into town is an expensive $20 each way. We did it once and that was enough for us. San Jose is pleasant little town. We mostly were looking for peace and quiet and that's what we got at the hotel. It's right on a beautiful beach and the sound of the waves could be heard from our balcony. We were so glad that "there's nothing to do" here.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
GabrielaBarron, General Manager at Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort, responded to this review, November 11, 2010
Thank you for telling us about your stay! Although you asked for no response, we want to take a moment to respond anyway. We are honored that it was one of your favorite stays of all time. The happiness of our staff is of utmost importance and we believe that our guests benefit from our loyal employees. We appreciate the compliments and we will be sure to pass them on. We look forward to welcoming you again the next time you’re in need of a peaceful getaway. Thanks again for posting!
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2010

We returned last week from a ten day stay at the Hilton Los Cabos. My husband and I were on our honeymoon, and from the moment we arrived we were treated with the utmost care, courtesy and service. Our room (with an ocean view) was beautiful. The furnishings were extraordinary and the daily service - cleaning and turn-down (we had new towel critters every day!) - was excellent.

I have a severe food allergy, and when I mentioned this to my waiter during dinner at El Meson one night, a manager was immediately sent over to inquire about my allergies and to make sure that I was well taken care of. He continued to check in with me during each meal we ate at El Meson, and I did not once have an allergic reaction during my honeymoon. This is remarkable!!!

The hotel was quiet, even during the weekend when it was busier. We did have a problem one night with some noisy college Golf players next door (I will not mention their University here!). In the morning, when we went to ask about a room change, the Hilton staff was more than ready to move us to a similar room in another part of the hotel. Turns out that the rowdy golfers were checking out that very day, so we opted to stay in our room. We really appreciated their willingness to help us have a peaceful honeymoon!

Also, don't miss the beautiful Spa Oasis! We each had an 80 minute massage, and then lazed around for the rest of the day!

Because the Hilton is not in the heart of Cabo San Lucas, but rather on the coast between San Jose del Cabo and Cabo San Lucas, expect to pay $20-$25 for a taxi ride in to one of the cities, or do like we did and jump on the public bus which picks up on the road right outside the hotel. When we chose this option, it usually ran us between 20 and 30 pesos each - a steal!

We also rented a car for a few days and traveled up the coast to Cabo Pulmo for some diving on the reef. Worth a trip! Fortunately for us, the Hilton has a National Car Rental in house. :) If you're headed to Cabo Pulmo, take something with 4WD.

We will return! Thank you Hilton, for exceptional service and helping to make our honeymoon so memorable!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
GabrielaBarron, General Manager at Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort, responded to this review, October 22, 2010
Thank you for sharing your honeymoon experience at our resort! We are so pleased to see that you enjoyed superior service throughout your stay with us. As we’ve mentioned before, we pride ourselves on providing honeymooners with a vacation that’s romantic and memorable. We are renowned for offering stellar dining experiences and we’re happy you were able to fully enjoy all your meals here without any reactions! It looks like you were able to savor some peace and relaxation at our spa but also checked out some area sights like the nearby towns. It’s great you could enjoy so much of what our amazing destination has to offer. Thank you for your recommendations and we can’t wait to welcome you and your husband back to Cabo! Congratulations again to both of you!
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2010

I stayed at the Hilton with my husband for a week in Autumn 2009 on our honeymoon. We booked the hotel after reading all the positive reviews on Trip Advisor and were not disappointed.

All staff, without exception, were friendly and helpful throughout our whole stay – all speaking very good English. The swimming pools, rooms and restaurants were kept meticulously clean and tidy. Our room was simply a standard room with terrace overlooking the pool, but was very well equipped, beautifully decorated and included a huge shower and bath.

Transfer to/from the airport by taxi took about 20 mins and was inexpensive. Getting into Cabo san Lucas was also straightforward – the hotel doesn’t run a shuttle but the local bus stops right outside the complex and was very cheap. However, we found that Cabo san Lucas is in the middle of being regenerated and there wasn’t much of interest there for tourists aside from a new shopping centre and varied restaurants. We mostly ate at the hotel which would have been expensive had we not booked a deal with $100 resort credit per night which was worth its weight in gold! A huge array of food was offered during breakfast in the restaurant overlooking the main pool however the evening menu was a little limited (mostly Mexican cuisine). We wish the pizzeria by the pool had stayed open past 5pm! There is a great late-night shop on site which stocks snacks, gifts, magazines etc and includes a coffee/sandwich bar. The pools were open until 10pm each night and it was great to swim under the stars. The beach was lovely and mostly quiet but the sea was quite choppy most days. In any case, there were always plenty of towels, sunloungers and parasols around the pool area despite the hotel being fully booked. The weather was perfect, topping 100f each day.

In all, I would thoroughly recommend the Hilton and would certainly consider staying there on future trips.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
GabrielaBarron, General Manager at Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort, responded to this review, October 19, 2010
Thank you for sharing your honeymoon experience with the TripAdvisor community! Every guest here is important to us, but we try to be extra sure our honeymooners enjoy the perfect vacation they deserve! We certainly appreciate you taking the time to provide some great travel tips which we know will be very helpful to others who may be considering a stay here. Thank you for the wonderful compliments to our staff and property. We are just happy to see you had a great honeymoon and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next stay!
Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2010

My husband and I just returned from staying at the Hilton. We went for a wedding and to relax with no kids. It was the most relaxed, comfortable stay I've had anywhere. The room had a fantastic view, was always clean and ready for us when we were thru with our day. The pool was so nice, especially first thing in the morning or before bed at night. The food was excellent, the staff friendly and very helpful. The wedding itself was gorgeous too. I would definately go back in a heartbeat. It was a bit of a drive into Cabo San Lucas. We had rented a car so it wasn't too bad. We definately had a great time with family and friends and would love to do this again in a year.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
GabrielaBarron, General Manager at Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort, responded to this review, October 18, 2010
Thank you for taking time to share your experience at our property! We are honored to hear that, “It was the most relaxed, comfortable stay I’ve ever had anywhere.” That really says a lot! If relaxation is your top priority, Hilton Los Cabos is definitely the ultimate place to unwind! We are so pleased that we were able to meet all your expectations on this vacation and we look forward to impressing you even more on your visit next year! Thanks for your recommendation - we’ll see you again soon!
Baton Rouge
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2010

My friend and I stayed at the Hilton over the summer. Everything was wonderful. From the moment we arrived we received excellent treatment. We had a beautiful room with a fantastic view of beach and a luxurious bathroom. There is a beautiful infinity pool with a little swim up bar. The poolside service was great. I think we had lunch poolside every day of our stay. The beach is fine, but the surf is pretty rough. Not really a beach for swimming but there are covered cabanas on the beach. The breakfast buffet is delicious as is the room service. If there is one negative then it is the distance from Cabo San Lucas. It can get expensive traveling back and forth. This shouldn't deter anyone from staying here, however, because being secluded also makes it very nice.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends
GabrielaBarron, General Manager at Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort, responded to this review, October 15, 2010
Thank you for taking time to post a review of our property! We are so pleased you enjoyed every part of your stay here – that is always our goal here at the Hilton. Thank you for all your compliments, they are certainly appreciated! We would like to make a suggestion on taking trips to Cabo San Lucas. There is a public bus stop right in front of our hotel. Buses run until 10:30 p.m. and come by every fifteen minutes. Plus, it is only $1 USD per person each way! Hope this information helps for the next time you’re in Los Cabos. Again, thank you for sharing your experience and we look forward to having you back!

Been to Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort? Share your experiences!