“Absolutely incredible, best service I have ever experienced, would not even consider staying anywhere else.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort

You added Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort to your Saves list
Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   Carretera Transpeninsular Km. 19.5, San Jose del Cabo 23447, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #3 of 40 Hotels in San Jose del Cabo
jonesboro
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2010

I can not even begin to tell how much we enjoyed our stay here. I have traveled all around the world and have never experienced such a professional, welcoming, and attentive staff. So refreshing to stay at a resort where the waiter staff did not have their faces full of nose, eyebrow, tounge and whatever else pierced and tottoed, like you get from most anyplace you go, stay or eat in America. The staff was extremely helpful, always friendly and even though there were your usual obnoxious guest that thought they owned the world the staff just let it slide off thier backs and did their job.

The rooms were extremely clean. I had a full beach front view with a walk out patio onto the beach with a concrete patio with lawn chairs and could walk right into the sand.

The restaurante food, especially the breakfast was the best hotel food I have ever had. We went deep sea fishing one day and brought it back and had the hotel cook our catch for us and it was just incredible. We had several kinds of fish and they prepared each fish several different ways. We gave the staff everything we had left. It was awesome.

The spa was very relaxing and once again I think it was one of the best massages I have ever had. Just a great job. Beautifully appointed. The exercise room is large and has everything one could want.

Since we were here in March the crowd was not very large. Children were at a minimum. Only had one family of with kids that were just letting them run wild and disrupting the otherwise calm and serenity that usually was the norm. Probably would be much worse during the summer months.

No loud music being played at the pool, just calm and relaxing.

The concierge service was incredible and they had some great recommendations. I would suggest allowing them to make reservations in town and help with your off site activities. They really cared about your satisfaction and safety.

If I had to say anything negative the refrigerators were very small and did not keep things very cold. Obviously they want you buying their stuff and not bring in too much stuff from outside. Ice machine's are convenient though if you have a cooler. No coffee machines in the room. Free coffee is available in the lobby until 7am then they break it down. After that expect to pay $4.50 for a cup in the restaurante.

We just had a great experience here and when I come back I will deifinetly stay here again.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (619)
Minneapolis. MN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2010

Terrific hotel. Wonderful service, food. Rooms were extremely quiet and comfortable. Pool area beautiful. Right on the beach- fabulous.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
Burke, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2010

This hotel completely exceeded my expectations in every possible way, and I am a very picky person! I have never written a review on TripAdvisor before, but feel strongly compelled to do so now. I apologize up front - for the long post.

First of all, I followed several TAdvisor recommendations regarding transportation to the hotel by booking with Adrian from Cielto Lindo. He (and his wife) responded to email inquiries immediately and provided all necessary information detailing cost and where/how I would meet him after going through customs. This proved to be hassle free as he was extremely reliable, honest and just a really nice guy who was fluent in English. Highly recommend having a car service arranged ahead of time, as others have noted the "vulture" timeshare people bombard you as you exit customs w/your luggage. We were at our hotel in about 25 minutes which was wonderful! We did opt to save a little $ and took a taxi to the airport for our departure.

We arrived at the Hilton and Juan Carlos greeted us by name, gathered our bags (we were travelling with our college aged sons) and took us immediately up to our connecting rooms. I have NEVER had a more efficient and pleasant check in! Juan told us we'd have welcome Margaritas waiting for us in the bar once we were unpacked and ready - Loved that.

The rooms were immaculate, large, oceanfront and the decor was just gorgeous with stucco walls, beautiful accent painting. Plenty of closet/storage space and a very large bathroom with two sinks (lots of space for toiletries) separate toilet room, fantastic shower and a separate bathtub - all in marble and well lit! Bathrobes and L'Occitane products were a nice bonus. Internet fee was $10 a day - which was reasonable, we thought.

The property is amazingly beautiful with fantastic views. Do not even question being in the Corridor - as it is quiet, serene and you feel as you should - being away from it all on vacation! Taxis to San Jose were $18 - not bad at all and you are there in 15-20 minutes. More expensive to Cabo San Lucas at $25. Only went into Cabo once and had a fantastic meal at Mi Casa - we all LOVED it! My preference was San Jose which was beautiful, with lots of quaint shops and good restaurants. Concierge gave us good recommendations. Ate at the hotel our first and last nights - at El Meson and everyone was very happy with their meals.

We had the breakfast buffet each morning - and while it was a bit pricey at $28 it was simply FANTASTIC and well worth it. Everything you could possibly want with THE best service I have ever had. The omlettes and french toast were stand outs! Servers were unbelievable - friendly, attentive - I cant say enough. Our boys had sushi at El Barca a few times for lunch, as did I - and it was absolutely fresh and DELICIOUS! Reasonable in price too!

Fitness center was used regularly by my son/hubby - and they said it was fantastic w/good equipment, plenty of towels and water available.

One son forgot to pack his bathing suit and we picked one up on property at the Deli - at only $36USD. Not bad for a resort!

Infinity pool was simply gorgeous! ! You didn't want to leave! Always found plenty of comfy chaises (and bolster pillows) - even arriving late a.m. Hot tub was also nice especially if you had a breezy day. Pool service - again just perfect. Pricing on cocktails were reasonable, they gave you cold towels and popsicles during the day. Carts around the pool provided books, magazines, suntan lotion. The beach is equally beautiful with a lovely swimming area in the cove. The grounds are impeccable - as they begin grooming sand, sweeping, changing chaise covers, etc at a very early hour.
We also did some whale watching from several vantage points around the hotel, including our balcony which was great.

Do get up early to catch those beautiful sunrises from your balcony or the beach! Well worth it. Sunsets are beautiful as well.

Dont forget happy hour from 5-6 in La Vista with inexpensive, wonderful list of drinks and FREE delicious appetizers. We never missed it! Sorry again for a long post but I cant say enough about this resort - pictures are exactly as seen on their website. I didnt want to leave and would return in a heart beat! You will NOT be disappointed.

• Stayed March 2010
Salina, Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2010

Great service, exceptionally pleasant and hard working employees, willing to go out of their way to make us happy! The infinity pool, hotel restaurants including the pizza grill by the pool had fresh food. We loved the buffet breakfast at El Mason and even had dinner and cadillac margarita's there a couple nights on the balcony. Resort was clean, (in and out) Spa service was just "OK". Hotel offered yoga on the beach, the instructor was very good. We actually RELAXED at this resort. Even though the resort was sold out for 3 nights of our trip, not once did it feel over run with people or kids. We always found a quiet place to relax outside. THUMBS up for this HILTON property!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
San Diego
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2010

I put a video review together of our stay so if you'd like to *see* what the rooms and resort look like, check it out here: http://yelloww.net/blog/2010/03/hilton-los-cabos-video-review/

We booked the hotel using Hilton points for 5 nights using an American Express AXON6 award for 145,000 Hilton Points.

Although the directions from the hotel seemed easy enough from the website, basicly drive on the transpeninsular highway from the airport until you see the Hilton, we managed to miss the driveway for the Hilton and had to drive for another 4 miles before being able to turn-around again. Once we arrived at the hotel property, we were stopped at a little guard booth, and asked for our name before being able to drive on to the hotel grounds. We then drove up to the lobby/check-in area, were greeted by complimentary valet service, and also complimentary margaritas. Note that there is the option for self-parking as well, just drive past the lobby to the parking lot on the side of the hotel. There was a 2nd guard booth at the self-parking lot, but it never seemed to be staffed.

During check-in, we were informed that as a Gold member, we would receive complimentary continental breakfast at the “El Meson” restaurant, but that a $2 “service charge” will be applied to our bill at check-out for each free breakfast. That’s sort of an interesting twist on complimentary, but $2 is still pretty cheap . The restaurant also has a hot breakfast that we could “upgrade” to for another $7-8, but the continental was good enough for us. Really the best part of the breakfast was the view from the restaurant — definitely try to get a seat out-side if you can! The second best part of the breakfast selection was the juices each morning, orange juice, watermelon juice, papaya juice, cantaloupe juice, and cactus/orange juice.

The room itself had a southwestern theme, lots of orange and yellow — definitely very Mexican. All of the rooms in the hotel have an ocean view with a balcony. The floor was tiled as opposed to carpetted — this seems typical of beachfront hotels. I assume carpet is too hard to clean with all of the sand. The bathroom had a “window” that you could open in to the main part of the room, so that you could see the ocean while taking a bath. That’s definitely a unique twist. Other than those exceptions, it was a typical Hilton room.

The hotel has two very impressive “infinity” pools, four restaurants, and a beautiful beach. They say a picture is worth a thousand words, so go watch the video already and see what those look like for yourself!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Branson, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2010

This place is AMAZING. From the welcome to the departure it was perfect. We pulled up to the Hilton ready for a relaxing vacation. We where escorted to our room with welcome pomegranate margaritas in hand. The room they showed us was on the 2nd floor and was very nice but I wanted to be on a higher floor. No problem our escort made a call and up we went to the 5th floor with an awesome view and excellent room.

The staff is amazing and kind. They want to carry your plates at breakfast to your table. You have to do the buffet with your room it is a great value and I am not a breakfast person but it was awesome. We did have pizza at the pool restaurant and it was good but a little greasy for me. We also ate at the bar in the hotel a few times and it was good, with awesome views and they will give you what ever you want even if it is not on the menu.

The complaints about the chairs being taken and no one in them is true. The first morning we had that issue but my husband is an early riser and would go out and watch the sun rise and read at the chairs he got for us for the day so it all worked out great for us.

We did rent a car from National which we picked up at the airport and turned in at the hotel National desk. It was very convenient. They will try to sell you all kinds of insurance at the pick up, but thanks to a prior post on trip advisor I called my advantage credit card and new what I needed before I got there. The credit card offers insurance and all I needed to purchase with the car was the minimum that was required which was like $9.99 a day.

We explored and went to Todos Santos for the day and had a great time. The road is only 2 lanes with lots of crosses and cattle crossing for about 45 to 50 miles which was a little eerie. We had a margarita and chips at Tequila Sunrise (across from Hotel California) and it was really good.

Went on a whale watching tour with Ocean Riders and it was great. We followed a mom and baby whale for about 45 minutes and it was the most amazing thing. The staff on the boat was great and seemed to be very knowledgeable. I would recommend this tour. The only part that was irritating is you are bomb bared by people try to sale you a product continually at the part of the mall where you pick up the tour. We booked the tour at the desk there in the Hilton.

This hotel is the greatest place in the area. I can not wait to go back and plan to do so again next February. The beach is great for long walks with your special person. If you have the chance you will not regret staying here. If you find a problem with this Hilton you are way to picky!!!!! Stay home.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Seattle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2010

You read the reviews about the Hilton Los Cabos, and I have got to agree, this is one fantastic hotel. The grounds are great, the pools are at a perfect temp, the beach is outstanding, and the staff really works hard to take care of the guests. Our room was on the 6th floor and had a 180 degree view of the ocean, the family loved to watch the whales the surf from the deck. We had a small kitchenette, with a fridge and a microwave, very large bathroom with a whirlpool tub, great beds, pretty much everything you could ask for. It’s also not a huge hotel, which is nice, it’s a “2 minutes from everywhere” type place, with easy quick access to your car, the pool, the beach the lobby, everything is just a quick walk, and with kids in tow, this is a great thing. We love the Big Island Hilton, but getting from your room to the car is a 15 minute process. Vacation time for everybody is limited, if I can spend 2 minutes instead of 15 minutes getting to my car, I spend way more time enjoying my vacation as opposed to getting from point a to point b.

We rarely took advantage of turn down service, as we were usually back in the room for the night by the time it was offered, however they will always offer the Kahlua chocolates, of which I became very addicted! Kids loved the “towel art” left by the cleaning staff every day, and everybody was always friendly and helpful. You get the idea, you cannot go wrong staying here.

We did not eat at the hotel, we liked going into town and eating at local restaurants. I can tell you that the prices are very high at the restuarants at the Hilton, so we were glad we had a car.

We only had one problem, and I consider it pretty much a fluke, but I do need to mention it. We spent very little time in the room during the day, always off doing something. But the first night we noticed that the temp in the room didn’t drop below 73. We had the AC on High, but didn’t really think much of it, too busy getting out and doing things. Well, night 2, the temp was around 74 all night and it was clearly going to be a problem, so we stopped at the front desk that morning and asked for the AC to be checked out. That afternoon, we returned, asked at the desk and they advised that the problem had been fixed. We went to the room, the problem had not been fixed, so we called again, and they came up worked on it for an hour or so, changed out the motor and said we were good to go. Temp started going down, we headed out and figured problem solved. Well, during the night, the AC would fire up, and then I think it would overheat after about 30 seconds and then shut down. So the next morning, we called the manager. They spent about 3 hours in the room, changed out the entire AC unit, and we had no ac problems the rest of the trip. I should have started, day 1 with the manager; I should have pushed harder and got it fixed faster. But, your on vacation, you want to have fun, everything else is perfect, you let things slide. I should have requested a room change, but again, a family of 4 gets pretty entrenched pretty fast for a 6 day stay in a hotel room, the thought of wasting vacation time packing and unpacking again was nota an appealing one, and we liked the room, anyway, enough about that.

Overall, great place to stay, we will be back.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near San Jose del Cabo
Villa del Arco Beach Resort & Spa
Las Ventanas al Paraiso, A Rosewood Resort
Las Ventanas al Paraiso, A Rosew...
#1 of 40 in San Jose del Cabo
One & Only Palmilla Resort
One & Only Palmilla Resort
#2 of 40 in San Jose del Cabo
4.5 of 5 stars 959 reviews

Been to Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort? Share your experiences!