My hubby and I just returned from a very relaxing stay at the Hilton Los Cabos.
The service here was good. Everyone was very friendly--the valets, front desk, waiters, etc.. In fact, everyone in Cabo was extremely nice and helpful. Our room was cleaned at least twice a day (in the morning and at turn down) and towels and toiletries were always replenished, a bucket of fresh ice was always on the coffee table when we returned from the pool or from town. We didn't always get fresh bottled water every day though, and you'll definitely need it as it's extremely hot (it is the desert of course).
The Hacienda Restaurant has some delicious appetizers. We loved the ahi tuna and the phyllo-wrapped shrimp. At the pool, we ordered the ceviche almost every day. It is divine--just the right amount of tanginess and lots of fresh fish. Good with the margaritas. Especially good poolside while relaxing in one of the comfy lounge chairs. And if the sun moves and you lose your shade, one of the guys will run over and move your umbrella for you! And just when you think the heat is getting unbearable, someone will come around with a cold towel. Of course there's the gorgeous infinity edge pool where the temperature is perfect.
The beach is beautiful and the water is warm, but the sand is pebbly and course and rough on the feet. Also, it's not as clean as it could be (straws, wrappers, cigarette butts). But not a big deal if you are happy to stay at the pool and just stare at the ocean from your lounge chair or from the pool.
The rooms are nothing spectacular, but the view is awesome (get something on the 5th or 6th floors--we switched from the 2nd floor). The view from the jacuzzi tub is nice too.
You'll definitely want to rent a car if you stay here so you can come and go as you please. We got an excellent deal from Advantage ($18.00 per day for a roomy VW stationwagon). It was totally hassle-free unlike some experiences we've had in the past from some of the big guys like Hertz, Dollar, etc.
We had a delicious dinner at Tequila in San Jose del Cabo and the ambience was lovely. We also had dinner at Pithayas--over rated! Service was spotty and poorly choreagraphed--no one knew what was going on. They didn't even know we had reservations even though the concierge at our hotel called and confirmed. Definitely not worth the price. The steak at the Trailer Park is good but bring cash because they don't take credit cards (we had to do an ATM run to Costco down the highway). We also had a superb breakfast at Palmilla, and the food and the service there was beyond reproach. I also spent the day in their spa while my husband golfed on their course and was definitely queen for a day. We missed out on some of the recommended restaurants because many of them are closed during September which is the off season, but there wasn't a problem finding good food. Be prepared to spend. Cabo has got to be the most expensive place in all of Mexico as far as I can tell!
Overall we truly enjoyed our stay here and would recommend it. But for sublime service and digs, check out the Palmilla or Ventana next door...that's living in high style!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover award-winning hospitality at Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort-only 25 minutes from San Jose del Cabo International Airport (SJD). Our Cabo San Lucas resort is located on a tranquil swimming-allowed inlet bay between the towns of Cabo San Lucas and San Jose del Cabo, and provides the action of the city and a soothing escape from the hustle of daily life. Relax in the sun beside our signature infinity pool, where our Pool Concierge attends to your every need, whether it's a fresh towel or a tasty fruit pop to help you cool down. With an excellent Kids Program, there are specially designed activities for guests aged 4-12. Choose from a wealth of dining options at this Los Cabos resort's four restaurants. Indulge in innovative massage treatments at Spa Oasis. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hilton Hotels, Booking.com, Travelocity, Despegar.com, Priceline, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Los Cabos Beach And Golf Resort
- Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Hotel San Jose Del Cabo
- Hilton San Jose Del Cabo
- Hilton Los Cabos Beach Resort
- San Jose Del Cabo Hilton
- Hilton Cabo
- Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort San Jose Del Cabo