“Hilton Cabo - Family Vacation” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort

Save Saved
You added Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort to your Saves list
Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   Carretera Transpeninsular Km. 19.5, San Jose del Cabo 23447, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #2 of 39 Hotels in San Jose del Cabo
Houston, United States
“Hilton Cabo - Family Vacation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

This hilton property is awesome! The staff was excellent and the property is one of the nicest in the area. All of the restaurants on site had awesome food. I was traveling with a 7 year old and it was a perfect combination for fun with kids and adults.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (589)
Parker, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Hilton Los Cabos for 5 days. Our balcony room overlooked the Sea of Cortez. Beautiful. The restaurants were great! Huge pool and a lot of chairs. No fighting here. We swam in the pool, ocean, kayaked, zip lined, (20 minute drive), visited the famous Arches, snorkeled, golfed, and overall had a blast. Hotel staff worked so hard for everyone.
A staff member once carried two lounge chairs on his back, down to the ocean beach for us. He didn't expect a tip, but we sure gave him one! This resort, although family friendly, was not overrun by kids. Very quiet. Pleasant stay.

Room Tip: Our balcony room was located on the east (ocean view) side of the hotel. Nothing bad to say about th...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Montauk, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

I've been to many properties in Cabo, this was our first time in this hotel, not extraordinary, at times, they seemed more focused on groups, weddings and families with the Hilton Honors club, they tried, still, not what my couple and I expected, after we checked out today we moved to another hotel down the highway which was by far better from the arrival. I'm an avid researcher -not a reviewer- of the places we visit, glad that I finally got the chance to write about our travel.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Tim B, General Manager at Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
Thank you for leaving a candid review. We apologize that you did not enjoy your time with us. We appreciate your feedback so that we can resolve any issues that may have arisen during your stay and work to prevent them in the future. If you would like to speak further about your experience, please contact the resort directly at enjoy.loscabos@hilton.com. Thank you again for your review.
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

My husband, two kids and I stayed at this resort the first week of June. I've been thinking about it ever since. My husband is Hilton Honors member and so we've stayed at our share of Hilton properties, usually leaving disappointed. I booked this trip thinking we'd use up our points and switch to another hotel rewards program. Well, that plan has been scrapped. There is nothing about this resort that didn't impress us. They are known for their service and I can see why. All the previous reviews are spot on. From the general manager Tim, whom we met because my husband's company is planning an event there in 2015 to the grounds crew, everyone was very polite and friendly. Paola and Gabriela were incredibly helpful with our questions about hosting large parties and any other questions we came up with. Our room was beautifully decorated, comfortable and cleaned meticulously every day. We ate at each of the restaurants and loved the food. Definitely not your typical hotel fare which was nice considering the hotel is fairly isolated from either Cabo or San Jose del Cabo. Our kids loved the kid's camp, which is free by the way, something I've never seen at a Hilton or any other hotel. Imelda, who runs the kids camp, knew our kid's names the first day and made sure they enjoyed their time there, which was often! I personally loved Jorge (aka George of the Jungle") who brought around yummy fruit popsicles every afternoon at 3pm. The pools were well maintained, not a leaf in sight, no dirty tiles, just a beautiful, true 5 start resort. I can't wait to go back again!

Room Tip: It seemed like most of the rooms have at least a partial ocean view so I doubt you can go wrong.
San Jose, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

Hotel and Staff were the best I have experienced in the 10 years I have been doing business with Hilton. No more Hyatt!!! Bellman service, housekeeping, restaurants, all involved staff, the grounds and the beach were top notch.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for your review and for staying a loyal guest with Hilton! We are happy that our customer service made your vacation truly memorable at our resort. We look forward to seeing you again on your return trip!
CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

I believe the 2000+ other reviewers have already mentioned the phenomenal service and they are right. The staff is ready to jump on any request and always smiling. Not too crowded.
The property itself is stunning, clean, rooms were large, and is on one of the few swimmable Hotel beaches in Cabo. That does not mean it is totally calm water, but the breakwater helps tone down the waves.

This hotel is halfway between Cabo San Lucas and San Jose del Cabo so it is not the place to go for nightlife, but rather relaxation, romance, or even family time with small kids (baby pool had a shade cover). There are no close stores or restaurants so you do have to go into either town for authentic food, activities, or partying.
My 14 year old was actually fine with just vegging by the pool, although they did have ping pong and some other games if desired.
The food was good and room service available at any hour, which we took advantage of. The breakfast buffet was $9 more for the full buffet, over and above our coupons for being Diamond level. You could just do continental and both were excellent.
My one wish was a coffee maker in the room as I do not want to order coffee from room service and pay a premium, or have to get dressed to go to the restaurant and order.
We never did find the Deli and I do wish we had been given a map of the Hotel as well as a better list of the restaurant offerings, hours, where they were located.

Rental Car: Rented from Hertz. Reserve ahead of time to ensure you know the charges. My visa covered CDW, but I bought liability for $13/day just to be safe. Go over your car carefully, including checking if the spare tire and jack are there and taking pics before you leave the lot if you see anything because they look at every nick when you bring it back. I didn't have any trouble, Hertz was great, but better safe. You really need a car if you stay here and want to go anywhere else because taxi's are expensive and waiting for the bus in 95 degree heat would not be fun. Driving wasn't too hard, but parking can be difficult to find-park in a mall lot and walk.

Took the Mexican dinner cruise with Cabo Rey for $62-open bar and so-so fajitas. It was a nice trip, staff great, and had Shade!! The people on the Buccaneer cruise had no shade and were packed in.
Restaurant in Cabo san Lucas: Las Guacamayas was great and inexpensive. Try the Stone Bowl. Mi Casa along the road to the marina favored by the locals as well.

Room Tip: We were in 5038 dead center of the Hotel facing the ocean. Beautiful. It is 2 floors above the bar h...
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

My husband and I stayed here in early June for an event. WOW! What a beautiful hotel, what AMAZING service, what delicious food and what a perfect vacation.

The rooms were large and we had a great balcony overlooking the ocean. If you oder room service, they will bring it right out on the balcony so you can take it all in. Everything was really clean and well maintained throughout the hotel.

The food - I was impressed. We ate the hotel catering at a few events and nothing failed to delight. My favorite were the "stations" they had set up where you could pick and choose. We also ate at the pool every day for lunch and holy cow - that was amazing! My favorite was the sushi. Everything was super fresh and well put together. They had some special rolls that had unique ingredients that went together really well.

And the very best part of the hotel for me? The service. We stayed at the Westin down the street a couple of nights as well and the service is where the Hilton really stood far and above. I'm not sure why but the staff at the Hilton just seemed really vested in making their guests happy. From the bartenders at the pool bar (such delish frozen drinks in that huge plastic Hilton "cup") to the guys running clean towels back and forth (Luis - never saw him without a smile on his face and a happy greeting), each and every person we came across was accomodating, friendly, and vested in our being comfortable and taken care of. I work in a service industry so I have really high standards. Trust me when I say the Hilton staff will not disappoint.

Overall, I truly don't have a single negative thing to say about our stay. We also played golf across the street at their partner golf course and that was beautiful and just challenging enough for a vacation round :) I will surely go back - it's worth the long trip from NYC!

Room Tip: Upgrade to an ocean view - it's well worth it!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Tim B, General Manager at Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort, responded to this review, June 27, 2014
Thank you for the review of our hotel. We pride ourselves on creating a welcoming and rejuvenating environment for our guests to enjoy their vacation. We are pleased to see that you noticed our service as well as the cuisine and the overall ambiance of our resort. It is also great that you took advantage of the golf course, too! We look forward to welcoming you and your husband back upon your return visit.

Been to Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort? Share your experiences!