“Best Hilton property by far!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort

Save Saved
You added Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort to your Saves list
Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   Carretera Transpeninsular Km. 19.5, San Jose del Cabo 23447, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Special Rate
$169 (USD)
Ranked #2 of 39 hotels in San Jose del Cabo
Seattle, Washington
“Best Hilton property by far!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 weeks ago

My husband, two kids and I stayed at this resort the first week of June. I've been thinking about it ever since. My husband is Hilton Honors member and so we've stayed at our share of Hilton properties, usually leaving disappointed. I booked this trip thinking we'd use up our points and switch to another hotel rewards program. Well, that plan has been scrapped. There is nothing about this resort that didn't impress us. They are known for their service and I can see why. All the previous reviews are spot on. From the general manager Tim, whom we met because my husband's company is planning an event there in 2015 to the grounds crew, everyone was very polite and friendly. Paola and Gabriela were incredibly helpful with our questions about hosting large parties and any other questions we came up with. Our room was beautifully decorated, comfortable and cleaned meticulously every day. We ate at each of the restaurants and loved the food. Definitely not your typical hotel fare which was nice considering the hotel is fairly isolated from either Cabo or San Jose del Cabo. Our kids loved the kid's camp, which is free by the way, something I've never seen at a Hilton or any other hotel. Imelda, who runs the kids camp, knew our kid's names the first day and made sure they enjoyed their time there, which was often! I personally loved Jorge (aka George of the Jungle") who brought around yummy fruit popsicles every afternoon at 3pm. The pools were well maintained, not a leaf in sight, no dirty tiles, just a beautiful, true 5 start resort. I can't wait to go back again!

Room Tip: It seemed like most of the rooms have at least a partial ocean view so I doubt you can go wrong.

2,395 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (556)
San Jose, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Hotel and Staff were the best I have experienced in the 10 years I have been doing business with Hilton. No more Hyatt!!! Bellman service, housekeeping, restaurants, all involved staff, the grounds and the beach were top notch.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Tim B, General Manager at Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Thank you for your review and for staying a loyal guest with Hilton! We are happy that our customer service made your vacation truly memorable at our resort. We look forward to seeing you again on your return trip!
CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

I believe the 2000+ other reviewers have already mentioned the phenomenal service and they are right. The staff is ready to jump on any request and always smiling. Not too crowded.
The property itself is stunning, clean, rooms were large, and is on one of the few swimmable Hotel beaches in Cabo. That does not mean it is totally calm water, but the breakwater helps tone down the waves.

This hotel is halfway between Cabo San Lucas and San Jose del Cabo so it is not the place to go for nightlife, but rather relaxation, romance, or even family time with small kids (baby pool had a shade cover). There are no close stores or restaurants so you do have to go into either town for authentic food, activities, or partying.
My 14 year old was actually fine with just vegging by the pool, although they did have ping pong and some other games if desired.
The food was good and room service available at any hour, which we took advantage of. The breakfast buffet was $9 more for the full buffet, over and above our coupons for being Diamond level. You could just do continental and both were excellent.
My one wish was a coffee maker in the room as I do not want to order coffee from room service and pay a premium, or have to get dressed to go to the restaurant and order.
We never did find the Deli and I do wish we had been given a map of the Hotel as well as a better list of the restaurant offerings, hours, where they were located.

Rental Car: Rented from Hertz. Reserve ahead of time to ensure you know the charges. My visa covered CDW, but I bought liability for $13/day just to be safe. Go over your car carefully, including checking if the spare tire and jack are there and taking pics before you leave the lot if you see anything because they look at every nick when you bring it back. I didn't have any trouble, Hertz was great, but better safe. You really need a car if you stay here and want to go anywhere else because taxi's are expensive and waiting for the bus in 95 degree heat would not be fun. Driving wasn't too hard, but parking can be difficult to find-park in a mall lot and walk.

Took the Mexican dinner cruise with Cabo Rey for $62-open bar and so-so fajitas. It was a nice trip, staff great, and had Shade!! The people on the Buccaneer cruise had no shade and were packed in.
Restaurant in Cabo san Lucas: Las Guacamayas was great and inexpensive. Try the Stone Bowl. Mi Casa along the road to the marina favored by the locals as well.

Room Tip: We were in 5038 dead center of the Hotel facing the ocean. Beautiful. It is 2 floors above the bar h...
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

My husband and I stayed here in early June for an event. WOW! What a beautiful hotel, what AMAZING service, what delicious food and what a perfect vacation.

The rooms were large and we had a great balcony overlooking the ocean. If you oder room service, they will bring it right out on the balcony so you can take it all in. Everything was really clean and well maintained throughout the hotel.

The food - I was impressed. We ate the hotel catering at a few events and nothing failed to delight. My favorite were the "stations" they had set up where you could pick and choose. We also ate at the pool every day for lunch and holy cow - that was amazing! My favorite was the sushi. Everything was super fresh and well put together. They had some special rolls that had unique ingredients that went together really well.

And the very best part of the hotel for me? The service. We stayed at the Westin down the street a couple of nights as well and the service is where the Hilton really stood far and above. I'm not sure why but the staff at the Hilton just seemed really vested in making their guests happy. From the bartenders at the pool bar (such delish frozen drinks in that huge plastic Hilton "cup") to the guys running clean towels back and forth (Luis - never saw him without a smile on his face and a happy greeting), each and every person we came across was accomodating, friendly, and vested in our being comfortable and taken care of. I work in a service industry so I have really high standards. Trust me when I say the Hilton staff will not disappoint.

Overall, I truly don't have a single negative thing to say about our stay. We also played golf across the street at their partner golf course and that was beautiful and just challenging enough for a vacation round :) I will surely go back - it's worth the long trip from NYC!

Room Tip: Upgrade to an ocean view - it's well worth it!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Tim B, General Manager at Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort, responded to this review, 5 weeks ago
Thank you for the review of our hotel. We pride ourselves on creating a welcoming and rejuvenating environment for our guests to enjoy their vacation. We are pleased to see that you noticed our service as well as the cuisine and the overall ambiance of our resort. It is also great that you took advantage of the golf course, too! We look forward to welcoming you and your husband back upon your return visit.
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

I do most of my research for trips through travel advisor and we switched to Hilton from the all inclusive next door at the last minute. We are so glad we did. My 4 year old was so overwhelmed when she walked into the room she started speaking another language! The facility was excellent! The only reason I would not rate this resort 5 stars, the food was not on par with the price paid. The best thing I tasted was the omelet at breakfast and the green juice. Also they do not have much of anything to do at night. As opposed to other resorts there was a night time vibe. Overall I would recommend this Hotel. Also do not get fooled by the people outside of customs they are not there to help.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are great. Also if you would like a discount code send me an email.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014 via mobile

First time visit to Cabos and not disappointed at all on our stay at this hotel. We stayed for 6 days in a junior suite with ocean view, it was spectacular especially because the balcony was very spacious with a seating sofa and two launch chairs with our own umbrella. Beach view was breathtaking. The staff was so friendly and attentive at all times.
If you get a chance to experience a massage on the beach, I would definitely recommend it, it is really different feeling than inside the the spa. My partner and I really enjoyed it. One the best part of the hotel is the infinity pool and the swimmable beach. It is really relaxing just to take in the admirable view. I would definitely recommend Hilton Spa and Resort.

• Stayed June 2014
Thank you for writing a review of our resort. We are glad that you enjoyed the decorations and design of our hotel – we arranged the layout with aesthetics in mind. Great choice with the massage on the beach as well, we agree that it is a wonderfully relaxing experience that we offer. Thank you again for the review, and we cannot wait to welcome you and your partner back again!
Miami Beach
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

My husband and I had a wonderful experience and plan to return yearly! The resort was recommedned to us by a friend and also thru Costco travel website. The experience from beginning to end was fun, relaxing and romantic. We had the DELUXE OCEAN VIEW ROOM. It had a great balcony view of the pool, ocean and the terrace where some gatherings took place. This resort certainly knows how to host a banquet and can offer any personal flair that you desire. We witnessed an engagement proposal on the beach and a few of the staff members helped the man to carry out his plan of surprising his girlfriend with a bonfire on the beach to light up his message in the sand" will you marry me". That is just an example of how great the staff is! Service is 5 star across the board in every department. We did not have to check-in in a line at the front desk but rather escorted right to our room and checked in manually with a drink in hand! Now that's service!! We enjoyed all food and beverages and found everything to be priced quite reasonable for such a beautiful resort. We had booked the special dinner on the beach where my husband and i enjoyed a most romantic evening- i highly recommend it! The cost was $100.00 on top of what you order from the Italian restaurant. Money well spent! Hector (restaurant mgr.) takes much pride in his food and service, gave us exceptional service our entire stay. His hopspitality is first class. We found that in talking to several people and making many new friends during our visit, that everyone returns to Hilton Los Cabos and consider it home! That in itself speaks volumes!! If you're planning a trip to Cabo and want to go 1st class with exceptional service, spacious rooms, breathtaking waves and long floating pools... this is the place for you. Enjoy! Dr. and Mrs Brooks

Room Tip: Deluxe Ocean View over looking big pool if you like watching all the action. Over look small pool i...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort? Share your experiences!