“Not a Single Negative!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort

Save Saved
You added Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort to your Saves list
Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   Carretera Transpeninsular Km. 19.5, San Jose del Cabo 23447, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Announcement
Click for details
Ranked #2 of 39 Hotels in San Jose del Cabo
New York City, New York
“Not a Single Negative!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

My husband and I stayed here in early June for an event. WOW! What a beautiful hotel, what AMAZING service, what delicious food and what a perfect vacation.

The rooms were large and we had a great balcony overlooking the ocean. If you oder room service, they will bring it right out on the balcony so you can take it all in. Everything was really clean and well maintained throughout the hotel.

The food - I was impressed. We ate the hotel catering at a few events and nothing failed to delight. My favorite were the "stations" they had set up where you could pick and choose. We also ate at the pool every day for lunch and holy cow - that was amazing! My favorite was the sushi. Everything was super fresh and well put together. They had some special rolls that had unique ingredients that went together really well.

And the very best part of the hotel for me? The service. We stayed at the Westin down the street a couple of nights as well and the service is where the Hilton really stood far and above. I'm not sure why but the staff at the Hilton just seemed really vested in making their guests happy. From the bartenders at the pool bar (such delish frozen drinks in that huge plastic Hilton "cup") to the guys running clean towels back and forth (Luis - never saw him without a smile on his face and a happy greeting), each and every person we came across was accomodating, friendly, and vested in our being comfortable and taken care of. I work in a service industry so I have really high standards. Trust me when I say the Hilton staff will not disappoint.

Overall, I truly don't have a single negative thing to say about our stay. We also played golf across the street at their partner golf course and that was beautiful and just challenging enough for a vacation round :) I will surely go back - it's worth the long trip from NYC!

Room Tip: Upgrade to an ocean view - it's well worth it!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Tim B, General Manager at Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort, responded to this review, June 27, 2014
Thank you for the review of our hotel. We pride ourselves on creating a welcoming and rejuvenating environment for our guests to enjoy their vacation. We are pleased to see that you noticed our service as well as the cuisine and the overall ambiance of our resort. It is also great that you took advantage of the golf course, too! We look forward to welcoming you and your husband back upon your return visit.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (591)
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

I do most of my research for trips through travel advisor and we switched to Hilton from the all inclusive next door at the last minute. We are so glad we did. My 4 year old was so overwhelmed when she walked into the room she started speaking another language! The facility was excellent! The only reason I would not rate this resort 5 stars, the food was not on par with the price paid. The best thing I tasted was the omelet at breakfast and the green juice. Also they do not have much of anything to do at night. As opposed to other resorts there was a night time vibe. Overall I would recommend this Hotel. Also do not get fooled by the people outside of customs they are not there to help.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are great. Also if you would like a discount code send me an email.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014 via mobile

First time visit to Cabos and not disappointed at all on our stay at this hotel. We stayed for 6 days in a junior suite with ocean view, it was spectacular especially because the balcony was very spacious with a seating sofa and two launch chairs with our own umbrella. Beach view was breathtaking. The staff was so friendly and attentive at all times.
If you get a chance to experience a massage on the beach, I would definitely recommend it, it is really different feeling than inside the the spa. My partner and I really enjoyed it. One the best part of the hotel is the infinity pool and the swimmable beach. It is really relaxing just to take in the admirable view. I would definitely recommend Hilton Spa and Resort.

• Stayed June 2014
Thank you for writing a review of our resort. We are glad that you enjoyed the decorations and design of our hotel – we arranged the layout with aesthetics in mind. Great choice with the massage on the beach as well, we agree that it is a wonderfully relaxing experience that we offer. Thank you again for the review, and we cannot wait to welcome you and your partner back again!
Miami Beach
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

My husband and I had a wonderful experience and plan to return yearly! The resort was recommedned to us by a friend and also thru Costco travel website. The experience from beginning to end was fun, relaxing and romantic. We had the DELUXE OCEAN VIEW ROOM. It had a great balcony view of the pool, ocean and the terrace where some gatherings took place. This resort certainly knows how to host a banquet and can offer any personal flair that you desire. We witnessed an engagement proposal on the beach and a few of the staff members helped the man to carry out his plan of surprising his girlfriend with a bonfire on the beach to light up his message in the sand" will you marry me". That is just an example of how great the staff is! Service is 5 star across the board in every department. We did not have to check-in in a line at the front desk but rather escorted right to our room and checked in manually with a drink in hand! Now that's service!! We enjoyed all food and beverages and found everything to be priced quite reasonable for such a beautiful resort. We had booked the special dinner on the beach where my husband and i enjoyed a most romantic evening- i highly recommend it! The cost was $100.00 on top of what you order from the Italian restaurant. Money well spent! Hector (restaurant mgr.) takes much pride in his food and service, gave us exceptional service our entire stay. His hopspitality is first class. We found that in talking to several people and making many new friends during our visit, that everyone returns to Hilton Los Cabos and consider it home! That in itself speaks volumes!! If you're planning a trip to Cabo and want to go 1st class with exceptional service, spacious rooms, breathtaking waves and long floating pools... this is the place for you. Enjoy! Dr. and Mrs Brooks

Room Tip: Deluxe Ocean View over looking big pool if you like watching all the action. Over look small pool i...
Rancho Palos Verdes, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

This hotel offers the most fabulous destination wedding venue. Our daughter was married on the beach with waves crashing in the background, followed by a beautiful reception on a gorgeous ocean view terrace with fabulous food served while watching the sun set over the ocean. Juan Carlos provided excellent planning help via email and followed up with unparalleled in person help prior to and throughout our event.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for the review, and more importantly, congratulations again to your daughter and son-in-law! We were proud to have served your family on this wonderful occasion and are happy that we were able to provide the perfect place for their wedding ceremony. We thank you again for the review, and we look forward to being a future anniversary destination for the happy couple.
Deer Park, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

We took eight (8) days in Cabo, four days at another resort with friends and four days at the Hilton with just my wife and I to relax and spend QT together. Had a very good time. I am a Hilton Gold so we had a Suite and it was very nice and spacious, great view of the pools and ocean. We ate at all the restaurants, ordered room service and ate at the swim up pool bar and the beach - NO COMPLAINTS! I always spoke to the staff and said hello, Good Morning... etc and everyone seemed happy to say Hi back and seemed appreciative I acknowledged them and their hard work. A smile goes a long way!! Beautiful weather, we started the World Cup in the Bar with the rest of the people and how exciting that was to be in Mexico watching the 1st game of the 2014 World Cup... We did go to the gym and work out every morning and enjoyed the room. equipment and all the TV's and connections for wi-fi.

I have read several other reviews and In reference to the cost, yes - it is a bit pricey for some drinks and meals but - its Hilton and Cabo so we were not so surprised, just be prepared. They do have a deli on the 1st floor and many people took advantage of this fast food... salads, subs and coffee, water and sodas.

We did get the complimentary breakfast for two each morning, what a treat and deal,,, what a spread! ... and we had free wi-fi, so that made my wife happy!!!

Lastly, the Hilton does have a swimable beach front. We did go swimming and watched the surfers. Water is a bit rough and a strong current but enjoyed the experience of swimming in the Pacific Ocean.

Room Tip: Ask for what kind of room you want, they will try!!!
Oceanside, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

Booked into this place because we got our rooms free for listening to a timeshare presentation. Ordinarily I am not a fan of resort hotels, especially in Mexico, since they seem designed to provide a vacation experience for people who are timid about setting foot into actual Mexico.

I’ll get the good points of this hotel out of the way first. The rooms are big, comfortable, and the beds have so many pillows and bolsters on them that you have to sweep most of them onto the floor in order to actually lay horizontally on the bed surface. The only flaw in our room was that the ocean view patio door was so heavy that my fiancée, who was recovering from surgery, could not budge it, making me into a full-time doorman.

The pools are huge and balmy; the beach fronting the hotel is wide and gorgeous enough for a Corona commercial, although the shore break and the rip currents, which are typical of Cabo beaches, means you don’t want your small children frolicking alone on these sands. The service is impeccable and there’s no need to speak a word of Spanish to get anything you want.

But there is a price to pay. You can’t escape the feeling of being gently fleeced every time you turn around in this hotel. There is no in-room coffee and Internet costs ten dollars a day. By the time I flipped on my computer and ordered coffee from room service I was out twenty bucks. Lunch for two with non-alcoholic drinks was fifty-seven dollars American, and consisted of three soft tacos and three small enchiladas. Very tasty, but barely enough to tide you over until dinner. A bottle of beer at one pool bar was 75 pesos; at the other, they had the same beer on draft for 59 pesos. A typical Mexican hotel bar charges 20 to 35 pesos for this particular beverage. For more sophisticated drinks, expect to pay the same price as you would at a major-league sports event.

The hotel is not convenient to either central San Jose del Cabo or Cabo itself. We did have a car and escaped into town for several of our meals, but if you don’t have wheels, expect the worst when your final bill is totaled up. A beautiful hotel, but for the price, you might as well go to at least Hawaii, if not the Riviera.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the candid review of our resort. We appreciate guest comments on the provided experience. We are sorry that you did not enjoy your time with us. If you would like to further discuss your opinion on our resort, we encourage you to contact us at enjoy.loscabos@hilton.com so that we can review our services to address these issues.

Been to Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort? Share your experiences!