“Amazing vacation experience!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort

You added Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort to your Saves list
Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   Carretera Transpeninsular Km. 19.5, San Jose del Cabo 23447, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Announcement
Hotel is Closed
Ranked #2 of 37 Hotels in San Jose del Cabo
Cabo, Mexico
“Amazing vacation experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

The Hilton Cabo was amazing! The food, service, and atmosphere were all exceptional. The staff was so warm and friendly. The infinity pool and beach view were breathtaking. We would definitely go back again!!!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (595)
Charlotte, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

Staying at the Hilton Los Cabos was the best experience I have ever had staying at a hotel. Every staff member worked really hard to make our stay a great experience. Everyone was extremely nice, and they all went above and beyond what was expected of them. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Stillwater, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

Amazing property, great service, and everything you could realistically expect! We are already planning our next year's spring break vacation. And, yes, I am very picky and critical of where I spend my precious vacations.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Tulsa, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

Views were great. Watched wales from room, beach, pool and dinning rooms. Need to be careful around the rocks when riptides are strong. Great day trip to San Jose. This hotel does a great job with events.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Shreveport, LA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

We just got back from a week’s stay at this resort and we are already planning a return trip. I am a Hilton Diamond member and this is the best Hilton property that I've stayed at during my travels. From the time we stepped out of our rental car at the valet station, to the time we left the hotel service was outstanding. We were handed "check- in" Margaritas and headed straight to our room skipping the front desk check in.

Property and Grounds: Immaculate, Beautiful, and Spacious. You can spend the whole week here and never need to leave. Two pools with swim up bars and right on the beach. I’ve seen many clean hotels; however they take it to a new level. I have never witnessed a scuba diver in a fish tank scrubbing the artificial plants at the bottom, but saw it this week at the Hilton Los Cabos. That’s taking clean to new standard!
Service: Everyone is smiling and ready to serve. So relaxing to hang out by the pool and have someone cater to your every need. Pablo at the Concierge desk was especially helpful with getting me a tee time at the Cabo del Sol-Ocean Course and booking a dinner/ whale watching cruise. Every day we returned to our room we had a new towel animal on our bed.
Dining: We ate at least one time at every restaurant on site and never had a bad meal.
El Mason: We got complimentary breakfast coupons for the continental breakfast at El Mason each morning. My wife enjoyed this each morning, while I upgraded to the full breakfast buffet for only $9 more. The selection was huge and they will cook omelets and eggs to order. Very Good! We had dinner here our last night and enjoyed, “Fresh Mahi Mahi -the catch of the day”. I went fishing in the morning and caught a 35# Dorado. I took the filets to the restaurant and they prepared Ceviche, and both blackened and grilled fillets. Everything was delicious!

La Barca: Great Sushi. My favorite was the flaming roll!

Madero Bar and Grill: Fish Tacos are made with sea bass and are the best I’ve ever had. Brick oven pizzas are very good too and perfect to order for a late night snack via room service.

Fenicia- Great Italian Pasta with outdoor seating by the infinity pool and a magnificent view of the beach with the sounds of the waves crashing nearby. What else do you need? They have an extensive wine selection to enjoy with your dinner.

Rooms- The Deluxe Ocean view rooms are very spacious with a huge bathroom with both a shower and separate tub. I recommend a higher floor for the best views of the ocean. Sitting on the balcony enjoying the views and whale watching was the best. We saw whales every day from both the pool level or from our room.

Overall our stay was fantastic, and we hated to leave. We will definitely be back in the future.

Room Tip: Get a room on the higher floors for the best views. Go down to the pool early (before 7 am) to get a...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Tim B, General Manager at Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort, responded to this review, March 25, 2014
Thank you for this wonderful review and for being a Hilton HHonors Diamond Member. We take pride in providing the utmost service for every guest to our hotel. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay, especially the delicious food! We enjoy providing a variety of options for an exquisite culinary experience to meet everyone’s tastes, and love the opportunity to serve up a ‘catch of the day’ directly to the fisher. It is also good to know that our cleanliness is not going unnoticed. We appreciate the time you took to write this review and thank you again.
Novi, MI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014

I am literally writing this review on my plane ride back as my wife and I stayed the week of March 22nd. I am a person who reads reviews and was literally researching for close to a year on where we wanted to go for our 10 year anniversary...We chose well!

As I said, we went for our ten year in which I let the staff know ahead of time through email. When we got to the room, they wrote Happy Anniversary on the bed in beads in which lit my wife's face up.

The ground are absolutely immaculate, super clean and the staff is the best I have ever seen. I travel a lot for work and stay at Hilton's non stop, nothing compares thus far. The way the staff pays attention to detail is what separates this property from others in Cabo, that and the grounds.

The food was amazing, breakfast was absolutely incredible with a million things to choose from, the omlettes are the best we have had. The swim up bar has fabulous food as well, get the margarita pizza because it is to die for. I arranged a private dinner on the beach one night as a surprise to my wife. The most incredible experience as we were alone candle light right on the ocean. Food was from the Italian restaurant and worth every penny. We were charged a $100 set up fee but well worth it when you see the amazing set up.

We were traveling with friend of our who stayed at Casa derado, nice place but no where near a comparison to Hilton. It's more of a spring break hotel while the Hilton is quiet, elegant and in a class of it's own.

Tip - when going downtown to the maina, as often as we did visiting friends for nights out on the town, there is a bus literally across the street for $2 per person that drops you right at the marina. We would taxi back because we stayed out late but it was worth the bus ride only having to pay $30 one way instead of a $50-$60 round trip.

I have so much more to say but I will leave it at that, staff and service is the best I have ever seen from check in, baggage guys, concierge with Pablo, housekeeping,...all 5 stars.

Room Tip: all rooms are great so no need trying to position one better than the other. We were upgraded to a...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Easton, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2014

This has become one of our favorite Hilton hotel to stay at. As a gold member we were upgraded to a spacious suite with a beautiful ocean view and we took advantage of the included breakfast. Food, drinks, and service were excellent at all the restaurants. Daybeds available by the pool first come first serve or very comfortable beach chairs if the daybeds are taken. On your way from the airport there is a food market you can stop at and pick up some water/snacks to save some money at the hotel.

Only negative about the hotel is the location, you're about 20-30 minutes from downtown and cab will set you back $30/each way.

Would definitely recommend if your first time to Cabo go take a boat to the Arch. We walked around the pier and various boat owners approach you to take you to the pier, we picked one with the nicest boat and think it was only $20 for a private ride to/from the arch.

We used Cielito Lindo Shuttle (cielitolindo2007@gmail.com) for all our transportation and could not be happier. Great service/quick response/fair prices.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort? Share your experiences!