“Impeccable Facility & Service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort

You added Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort to your Saves list
Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   Carretera Transpeninsular Km. 19.5, San Jose del Cabo 23447, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #2 of 37 Hotels in San Jose del Cabo
Tomball, Texas
“Impeccable Facility & Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

Stayed here a year ago and were so impressed we wanted to return to such an outstanding resort and 5-star service. Our room overlooked the Sea of Cortez, beach and the infinity pool area. Very relaxing and quiet. A great place to relax, enjoy the hotel amenities or venture out to nearby towns of San Jose and Cabo San Lucas, Mexico. Car rental facilities are located inside the hotel.
Everyone also spoke English which always helps in planning activities and knowing more about options at the resort and surrounding area.
The welcome margarita was a refreshing treat after a long travel day. The resort does a stellar job in training their staff who are ready and more than willing to meet your every expectation of comfort and a stress free vacation.
The breakfast selections are so extensive you can order just about any type of breakfast you are accustomed to. The live and soothing flamingo guitar music accentuates the overall peaceful environment.
The restaurants offer well prepared international dishes as well as local fresh fish and traditional Mexican dishes. Also, don't miss out on some of the delicious coffee and deli sandwiches available in the downstairs gift shop.

Room Tip: Room upgrades / chances are faster when done online before arrival.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (595)
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

I visited this hotel with my wife, brother and sister in law celebrating our wedding anniversary We could not have been more pleased with our stay. Upon check in there were no upgrades available but the following day the hotel leadership provided us with the appropriate upgrade based on my Hilton status....and all was well with the world. The rooms we were provided had the extended balcony, overlooking the pool. These were from my point of view the best rooms in the house....but not having seen the "titled" suites I am not including them in that evaluation.
The room was spacious with a seating area and the balcony had a shaded seating area (great for book reading) and chaise lounges for relaxing. It was awesome...really.
The housekeeping was impeccable. The staff was responsive, accomodating and very gracious. The turn down service came with the fashioned towel animals normally a cruise thing from my experience....very nice touch. We ate at an anniversary meal at Fenecia restaurant and that was wonderful time..had a special bottle of champagne that they were more than willing to serve with a slight corkage fee and a great wait person.. Our favorite restaurant experience at the property was at the Madero Bar. There we were treated with a special level of service and attention by an outstanding staff led by Victor and his team including Alex and Daniel at the bar. Because of their capable service we spent a lot of time at this restaurant and wouldn't you know it had a swim up bar....just saying. Our Cabo San Lucas vacation was filled with great golf, beautiful ocean swimming and views and terrific food. Oh....and all the pictures were taken personally by me...no jive. Location wise if you want to get out and about, into Cabo San Lucas, San Jose del Cabo and to the golf courses, I would recommend renting a car. Be advised howevwer, do not use National car rental.
Thanks to the fine folks at the Los Cabos Hilton Resort for providing the pallete upon which this superb vacation was painted. Hope to see you again. Mucho gracias.

Room Tip: Confirm rooms are in the middle of the property overlooking the main pool. If looking for an upgrade...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Tim B, General Manager at Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Thank you for this wonderfully detailed review and for choosing our resort for your anniversary vacation. It is one of our greatest pleasures to play in part in those special, unforgettable moments in the lives of our guests. The service team at Madero will be thrilled to see your feedback. Victor and the whole team work diligently to provide our guests a friendly and personable service experience to put them at ease and them truly enjoy the moment-to-moment luxury of a Cabo vacation. Beautiful pictures as well! Thank you again for sharing this review.
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

We visited with my sister , bro in law, and friends for an event they will be having there in May. The location, hotel property and staff are amazing. It is a perfect place in Mexico. I would stay there FOR SURE. The presidential suite is calling my name.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

The sun sets were stunningly beautiful; and they were complimented by the thoughtful layout of the restaurant/bar and entertainment facilities. The quality of the food was quite good and presented in an attractive format. Rooms are large and attractively decorated. The lobby area, while not plush, is nonetheless, designed to portray the charm of Mexico, and there is more than adequate seating for lounging and small gatherings for conversations. The hallmarks of this resort are: very friendly and helpful staff, wonderful views and great cocktails!

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Tim B, General Manager at Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Thank you for this review. Summer extended - what a lovely way of putting it. You are absolutely right that the sunsets are breathtakingly beautiful; the perfect complement to a refreshing cocktail and conversation with friends, family or associates. We are very happy that you selected friendly and helpful service staff as one our hallmarks. We completely agree! Thank you again for your review.
Northern Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

What an amazing hotel! The property is beautiful, clean and the staff attentive and friendly. The food in every on-site location was spectacular, and the service second to none. Be sure to relax around the spacious pool and take advantage of the pool-side food & beverage offerings. The views from everywhere you look are breath-taking. The deluxe king suite was beautifully decorated and comfortable. Overall this place was absolutely perfect. Don't Miss It!

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Chicago, IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

What can I say? The Hilton is beautiful! The lobby area, bedrooms, etc. were extremely clean and beautifully decorated. The downfall here is that they charge the same price to stay as do the all inclusives which, Dreams Los Cabos, is just as nice and all of your food and drink are included. I used my Hilton points for my stay so even after paying for my food and drink it was still cheaper than paying for one night at another property of this caliber. They did upgrade my room and also gave me a private in-room check-in which was lovely as there was a long line at check-in that I was able to bypass. If I was paying for the room as well as the food and drink, I would have found it to be cost prohibitive and not a good value. For what they charged for food and drinks the quality should have been a lot better. You would definitely need to rent a car and venture off site into Old Cabo or Downtown Cabo for better options that are also less expensive. I also had issues with service as I was there by myself (meeting up with my group of family and friends that were staying at a different property later that night(Dreams) before I moved over there for the rest of my vacation, see my review) the waiters would ignore me until I would literally have to say "Excuse me, can I get a menu and a glass of water? I've been sitting here for almost 20-min.". Note: they were not even busy at the restaurant and there were at least 4 waiters working the area that I counted. This was totally unacceptable. As soon as someone is seated, no matter if they are alone or not, a waiter needs to come over to acknowledge them.

Now they do have the only section of the swimmable beach in the Corridor (as does the Melia), so that is a bonus! The infinity pool is beautiful as well. Would I come back? Yes, but only if paying with points. I wouldn't pay out of pocket to stay here as there are other options out there, that are to me, way better options for your money.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Tim B, General Manager at Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Thank you very much for your Hilton loyalty and reviewing your stay with us. We are pleased that you enjoyed the property and our swimmable beach. Our infinity pool is definitely one of the highlights of the resort. But, we are disappointed to hear of the customer service issues you encountered. We pride ourselves on our commitment to the guest experience and are not happy delivering anything less than top-notch stays. We appreciate your notes in regards to food and beverage pricing and would greatly appreciate the opportunity to discuss these matters with you further, if you would please contact us directly at enjoy.loscabos@hilton.com. Thank you again for your review and we look forward to hearing from you.
Chapel Hill, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

My husband and I were at this hotel for four nights. There were 400 others in our group and the banquet food was excellent! Our king size bed on the 2nd floor near the infinity pool was beautiful. I appreciated the free coffee out every morning around 6:00am near the taxi stand/lobby area. They remove it daily at 7:00am. There are computers for guests in a small room near the lobby. The hotel spa said they did not give massages on the beach but there was a spa service not affiliated with the hotel on the beach, under a tent. They charged $25 for 30 minutes and $50 for an hour. I had two straight days of service.....Sasha did a great job! There are no soda machines in the hotel but there are ice machines on each hallway. The breakfast buffet was excellent with lots of American favorites. One day I ordered a room service breakfast kid's meal (sausage and waffle) and it was just enough to hold me until lunch. Another day, I ordered a small pot of coffee to the room ($10) and it was delicious! There are no coffee makers in the room but refrigerators are fully stocked and checked daily. A taxi ride to Walmart was about $45 roundtrip. It also costs about $45 to the Marina. There is a car rental agency on the property. Each day we were there, the red flag on the beach indicated the water was a little rough. Make sure you go to the cove near the rocks where the water is much calmer. My husband loved the golf course across the street from the hotel. Even though it was close, it was not walkable and you must take a taxi to get there. Everyone we met spoke English and accepted US dollars. I regret we never had time to ride the horses....it was $45 a person for a one hour horseback ride on the beach.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort? Share your experiences!