“Don't Miss It!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort

Save Saved
You added Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort to your Saves list
Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   Carretera Transpeninsular Km. 19.5, San Jose del Cabo 23447, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Special Rate
$169 (USD)
Ranked #2 of 39 hotels in San Jose del Cabo
Northern Virginia
“Don't Miss It!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

What an amazing hotel! The property is beautiful, clean and the staff attentive and friendly. The food in every on-site location was spectacular, and the service second to none. Be sure to relax around the spacious pool and take advantage of the pool-side food & beverage offerings. The views from everywhere you look are breath-taking. The deluxe king suite was beautifully decorated and comfortable. Overall this place was absolutely perfect. Don't Miss It!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

2,393 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (556)
Chicago, IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

What can I say? The Hilton is beautiful! The lobby area, bedrooms, etc. were extremely clean and beautifully decorated. The downfall here is that they charge the same price to stay as do the all inclusives which, Dreams Los Cabos, is just as nice and all of your food and drink are included. I used my Hilton points for my stay so even after paying for my food and drink it was still cheaper than paying for one night at another property of this caliber. They did upgrade my room and also gave me a private in-room check-in which was lovely as there was a long line at check-in that I was able to bypass. If I was paying for the room as well as the food and drink, I would have found it to be cost prohibitive and not a good value. For what they charged for food and drinks the quality should have been a lot better. You would definitely need to rent a car and venture off site into Old Cabo or Downtown Cabo for better options that are also less expensive. I also had issues with service as I was there by myself (meeting up with my group of family and friends that were staying at a different property later that night(Dreams) before I moved over there for the rest of my vacation, see my review) the waiters would ignore me until I would literally have to say "Excuse me, can I get a menu and a glass of water? I've been sitting here for almost 20-min.". Note: they were not even busy at the restaurant and there were at least 4 waiters working the area that I counted. This was totally unacceptable. As soon as someone is seated, no matter if they are alone or not, a waiter needs to come over to acknowledge them.

Now they do have the only section of the swimmable beach in the Corridor (as does the Melia), so that is a bonus! The infinity pool is beautiful as well. Would I come back? Yes, but only if paying with points. I wouldn't pay out of pocket to stay here as there are other options out there, that are to me, way better options for your money.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Tim B, General Manager at Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Thank you very much for your Hilton loyalty and reviewing your stay with us. We are pleased that you enjoyed the property and our swimmable beach. Our infinity pool is definitely one of the highlights of the resort. But, we are disappointed to hear of the customer service issues you encountered. We pride ourselves on our commitment to the guest experience and are not happy delivering anything less than top-notch stays. We appreciate your notes in regards to food and beverage pricing and would greatly appreciate the opportunity to discuss these matters with you further, if you would please contact us directly at enjoy.loscabos@hilton.com. Thank you again for your review and we look forward to hearing from you.
Chapel Hill, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

My husband and I were at this hotel for four nights. There were 400 others in our group and the banquet food was excellent! Our king size bed on the 2nd floor near the infinity pool was beautiful. I appreciated the free coffee out every morning around 6:00am near the taxi stand/lobby area. They remove it daily at 7:00am. There are computers for guests in a small room near the lobby. The hotel spa said they did not give massages on the beach but there was a spa service not affiliated with the hotel on the beach, under a tent. They charged $25 for 30 minutes and $50 for an hour. I had two straight days of service.....Sasha did a great job! There are no soda machines in the hotel but there are ice machines on each hallway. The breakfast buffet was excellent with lots of American favorites. One day I ordered a room service breakfast kid's meal (sausage and waffle) and it was just enough to hold me until lunch. Another day, I ordered a small pot of coffee to the room ($10) and it was delicious! There are no coffee makers in the room but refrigerators are fully stocked and checked daily. A taxi ride to Walmart was about $45 roundtrip. It also costs about $45 to the Marina. There is a car rental agency on the property. Each day we were there, the red flag on the beach indicated the water was a little rough. Make sure you go to the cove near the rocks where the water is much calmer. My husband loved the golf course across the street from the hotel. Even though it was close, it was not walkable and you must take a taxi to get there. Everyone we met spoke English and accepted US dollars. I regret we never had time to ride the horses....it was $45 a person for a one hour horseback ride on the beach.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

The hotel could use some updating but the friendly staff and the wonderful service made you overlook the minor flaws. We had a great time at the pool which overlooks the beach and although the beach was beautiful the water was too rough for swimming while we were there. We ate most of our meals at the hotel and everything was very good.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Barueri, SP
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

Beach resort hotel with all the comfort to be expected from a 5 stars hotel. Lovely swimming pools, spa, spacious well equipped rooms, service quite nice, food good and one incredible beach right in front of the hotel. Excellent gym. Paid internet that never gives you the 24 hours you have paid for. I was there for a conference and the facilities are very good. Rent a car because it is secluded. It you want to avoid the huge breakfast buffet where one tends to eat more than one should there is a hotel deli where you can get a fresh fruit salad with a delicious Greek style yogurt, bagels, etc

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Tim B, General Manager at Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Thank you for taking time to write this review. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your conference trip and that our event facilities were satisfactory for you. Great tip about our deli. Guests love our huge breakfast buffet, but for some that is simply too much and guests seeking a simpler breakfast have great options at our deli. On the other hand, some guests indulge on the breakfast buffet and skip lunch entirely. To each their own. Thank you again for your review.
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

Booked hilton at cabo instead of a v expensive, exclusive place and good job we did - just about the best value for money we've ever had on a beach holiday. Food was not amazing - but still very, very good (sushi bar definitely the highlight). If you want to go on excursions then best is to try the huts at the end of the beach - think the name is 'aquatica' or something like that. Booked fishing with them instead of through the hotel and worked out over $100 cheaper, paying cash. Beach vendors hassle you quite a lot and it usually takes two 'no interest' before they move on - other than that the beach is v nice. You may prefer to hang out by one of the two pools instead - they are really great and v good service in general. Had some problems with the rooms on arrival - air con leaking in first room then ants in sheets in second room - though problems were sorted out quickly. Don't use the in-room phone, rates are extortionate. You'll have a very nice holiday here, definitely would consider again. If not for the room problems on arrival might have rated it 5/5...

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Atlanta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

Hilton Los cabos is a beautiful full service resort with outstanding service.The property sits on a very nice and clan beach. Pool areas and refreshment areas are first class.Grounds are kept up very good. The rooms are a bit dated. Great bathrooms. Desk chair cushions are sagging.Very nice breakfast buffet. For a resort meal prices are reasonable.Was on business, but am so impressed I am coming abck with my wife for a holiday.Good value

Room Tip: Room with ocean view on top floor