I have to temper my enthusiasm with the fact that had we been stuck in either of the first two rooms we had that were partial ocean view, we would have been much less enthusiastic about our stay. We had read there were no such things as bad views here, but there is an entire wing of the hotel that faces the wall of the Melia Cabo Real and we were not happy when we checked in and those were the only choices left in our category. Fortunately, we were extremely lucky to be upgraded the next morning once we decided to change our preferred bed type. We had let our Hilton status lapse to Blue, so maybe if you have the time to improve your status, you won't run into this. We also missed out on the welcome beverage we had read about (and saw!), again, I think, due to our lack of Hilton status.
Everything else was far above expectations. We got lost every time we left the room, but there was always a cheerful and friendly worker along our route who would escort us wherever we needed to go.
If we needed something brought to the room or fixed, or dry cleaning picked up, it happened immediately, as if we were staying in a boutique hotel not a giant resort. Very impressive.
The beach was the reason we chose this property, and we spent an entire day just staring at it, and would happily do that again and again. The infinity pool, is, I suppose, heated by the sun,making it unbearably warm the first day we arrived, (but we chose to come in the hot season),but much more comfortable the rest of the stay after a storm had passed. A bit of cold water pumped in would have made all the difference. Also, it's kind of weird getting in and out (no clear steps/ handrails).
Visually, every seat at the pool or on the decks was a winner, the service was extremely prompt, the kitchen made me a sandwich I invented, and that's pretty much all I need/expect from a beach resort- oh and lots of towels!
We had a car and visited both towns for dinner, and would recommend that to explore and have more dining options for a longer trip.
We were comparing this property to one we like to visit in Hawaii (not the Hilton), and this easily surpassed the other for a long weekend-type adult beach getaway.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover award-winning hospitality at Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort-only 25 minutes from San Jose del Cabo International Airport (SJD). Our Cabo San Lucas resort is located on a tranquil swimming-allowed inlet bay between the towns of Cabo San Lucas and San Jose del Cabo, and provides the action of the city and a soothing escape from the hustle of daily life. Relax in the sun beside our signature infinity pool, where our Pool Concierge attends to your every need, whether it's a fresh towel or a tasty fruit pop to help you cool down. With an excellent Kids Program, there are specially designed activities for guests aged 4-12. Choose from a wealth of dining options at this Los Cabos resort's four restaurants. Indulge in innovative massage treatments at Spa Oasis. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Amex, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Tingo, Travelocity, BookingOdigeoWL, Agoda and Hotels.com so you can book your Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Los Cabos Beach And Golf Resort
- Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Hotel San Jose Del Cabo
- Hilton San Jose Del Cabo
- Hilton Los Cabos Beach Resort
- San Jose Del Cabo Hilton
- Hilton Cabo
- Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort San Jose Del Cabo