“Fantastic resort - would highly recommend!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort

You added Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort to your Saves list
Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   Carretera Transpeninsular Km. 19.5, San Jose del Cabo 23447, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #2 of 37 Hotels in San Jose del Cabo
Atlanta, Georgia
“Fantastic resort - would highly recommend!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

This was our first visit to Cabo, and I have to say, we were all very, very impressed with the resort. It was high quality all the way. My family of 6 adults visited in celebration of my 30th birthday, and it was an incredible trip, mostly due to the resort!

Rooms -- We were very pleased with our room quality and cleanliness. We had 3 suites along the 5th floor, and we were dead center in the building, which gave us an amazing view of the pool/ocean. It was simply gorgeous. The rooms were quite large, and the bathrooms were nice -- especially the shower. Turn-down service was nice as well -- they left fun towel animal sculptures on our bed each night. The AC worked very well, and my husband enjoyed the jacuzzi tub.

Hotel grounds -- immaculate and so lush. They're in the process of re-painting, but I never noticed much that was an eyesore due to this. The pool area is beyond beautiful with palm trees, pretty chairs, and the best infinity pool I've ever seen. The one bad thing about the pool chairs was that the cushions were often moldy, which was gross. They do have canvas covers for them, but we didn't have any on ours the first 2 days due to rain in the mornings -- we just grabbed our chair cushions before they put them out for us.

We didn't really go to the ocean much because the sand was hard to walk on, and it was too far from the pool bar. :) Also, there were several peddlars bothering people, which I just can't stand.

Food -- amazing! The breakfast buffet was the best I've ever seen, and they had lots of Mexican dishes as well. It's sort of pricey, but worth it in my opinion. The service was great every morning. They had the best chocolate muffins and bacon!

We ate lunch 3 days at the pool bar, and it was also great. I got nachos, woodfired pizza, and a chicken caesar salad, all of which I'd get again. I hear the fish tacos are great, too. The drinks are tasty -- ritas, pina coladas, salty dogs, you name it... they'll make it. The wait staff around the pool were so pleasant and helpful. They even brought around a cart with mini popsicles a couple days!

We also had dinner at Fenicia, the Italian place by the pool. Beautiful view and great service for the most part. The wine was excellent, and we all enjoyed our pasta dishes. The dessert was pretty good, but nothing to write home about. The bread and olive oil/balsamic vinaigrette were great, too. We had a lovely dining experience there, and we got after dinner drinks at their lounge area just outside the restaurant that overlooked the pool. So nice.

Staff -- so helpful, accommodating, and friendly. I never saw a timeshare rep, which was much appreciated, because we were not there for that.

Location -- it was great, in my opinion. It's 1/2 way in between Cabo and San Jose del Cabo, but that was fine with us. We had a rental car and drove into both towns for dinner. I was no impressed with Cabo at all -- peddlers wanting you to buy stuff, not very many nicer family restaurants to choose from (mostly cheap-o, cheesy bar-type places that I'd have gone when in college), and it was just sort of stressful. We did eat at Mi Case in San Jose del Cabo, and it was enjoyable, but a pretty sleep town at night. I was perfectly happy staying on the resort most of our stay because it was so nice.

I'd be thrilled to return to the Hilton Los Cabos and would recommend to anyone!

Room Tip: Ask for an ocean view room on a higher floor -- we got the suites that were dead center in the main...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (597)
Tacoma, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

Property is very nice, the staff is first rate. Our Ocean View room was clean and spacious. Nice pools and the beach is excellent for swimming. The daily meals too expensive on property, plan on spending $225US+ a day for a family of four. No need to rent a car, take the bus to town and back, 20 pesos per person.

Smithtown, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013 via mobile

Half way through the second day we were already tailing about when we were coming back. Check in was quick, bags to the room immediately, free valet parking. The hotel is beautiful in an open air environment. A little hot the third week in August but small price to pay. The rooms are beautiful and the staff first rate. The view from 5037 was over the top beautiful. We did think its was a bit damp in the rooms though. We assumed it was seasonal thing, but we've stayed in the Caribbean many times and didn't experience this. The pool area is very nice and the staff around top shelf. It was amazing how you could look around and not see anyone, then seconds later they were standing next to you asking what you needed. The beach is swim able but at times a bit rough. Umbrellas everywhere if you need them, and we did! The breakfast buffet was excellent, $28 for adults $20 for kids. Vouchers available for gold and diamond that really make it affordable. The restaurants overall served very good food. Typical resort pricing, though if you drink with dinner, it could get expensive. Pool bar was very nice, good food at lunch time, burgers, pizza's (freshly made), tacos. Good drinks.

My only disappointment was with a lack of entertainment. Maybe its by design, or seasonal, but my 15 yr old boy was getting bored after three days of taking it easy. I know there's a million things to do off property, and we did some. (Buts lets be honest, they get real expensive for families real quick). Something on the property, bocce ball, shuffle board, lawn darts, etc. would be helpful.

Would recommend renting a car if you have any plans to travel outside the resort. This was our first trip to Cabo, and figured we would want to check things out. Two trips to Cabo for dinner, highly recommend Marisco Macumbo for really great seafood. We had a whole red snapper, barbecue grilled, that was quite possibly the best piece of fish I've ever eaten. Just my opinion. Two trips to Jose del Cabo for shopping and dinner. Very nice place, old town was really quaint. Just 10 minutes door to door from the hotel. Walmart is close by as well. If you have kids, ask the hotel for a mini frig and stock up on snacks at Walmart, they have everything.

Overall we had a great time and really are planning on going back in March, this time together with another family. This should eliminate the "boredom" and the dampness.

There may be other, better properties in Cabo, but I assure you you won't be disappointed here.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Chatsworth, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

Loved this property! So beautiful. Great value for what you get. If not for the small incident the first morning I would have rated it an Excellent. They were painting my door with the do not distrub sign at 8am which woke me up to spanish speaking employes an paint fumes. Other than that incident I would say its a nice place.

Maryville
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

Pros: Excellent service, excellent food portions when ordering, excellent prices for the foods, excellent restaurant choices, excellent room quality, excellent views, excellent pool/hot tub selections, excellent grounds-keeping, just a wonderful 5 star resort that meets my 5 Star Opinion

Cons: The peddlers on the beach are non-stop and relentless at trying to sell you items, drugs were offered to me a few times on hotel property when they came across the roped off area. My thoughts are this: If you can handle all the local peddlers trying to sell their cigars, jewelry, and marijuana, then go for the beach. Just be ready to say no, over and over again. Next time, I will probably just sit in any of the pools which overlook the beautiful beach and avoid the harassment. I really thought staying way back under the huts would work, but it did not. My advise to Hilton is to enforce that rope barrier with a sign that says if you cross it, your in trouble and will be forcefully removed. One evening some military guys showed up packing M-16 machine guns on the beach. The peddlers disappeared, but they were back the next day pushing their drugs. Come on Hilton! This is a family resort. DO SOMETHING!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Calgary
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

It was our first trip to Cabo and we had actually been avoiding Mexico...no longer! This hotel is definitely one of comfort and excellent service, and makes you feel like "you are away from it all" The rooms are big and almost all have an ocean view. We checked in, only to be situated between an ice machine and the elevator. It was a decent location, but after the 2nd night we couldn't take the late night yelling from people getting off the elevator and frequent ice machine visits. Since my husband is a diamond member and no upgrades were available at checkin, A call down to the front desk, followed by a visit, allowed us a room change. We opted for the 1st floor overlooking the beach. It was a much more quiet location.

Service is definitely 1st class...Manuel at the breakfast buffet was the best we had...unfortunately after our 1st day he only worked afternoons. Buffet is worth it...even the extra dollars it costs to upgrade to the full buffet with the diamond member coupons. Kids under 12 eat free too...which was a welcome bonus...we did not eat there for dinner as we had rented a car ( Definitely hotel guests should consider, as the roads are easy to navigate...definitely worth the extra insurance it costs...and parking in cabo is either free or minimal)...food is much cheaper in town and we never had a bad meal. We had heard that cabs are expensive return to cabo and return to airport...

The only complaint we have is that we happened to "misplace" our child's goggles and sunglasses (at separate locations or were left in the room)and they were not either returned by other guests or employees. But I guess if those items make someone else happy, then by all means keep them. Our child will understand.

At no time did we feel unsafe at or around the hotel The kids club was quiet while we were there...but if you do happen to go, pleasure remember to tip these ladies as well... They were ecstatic that I dropped off a tip for each of them after they entertained our child for several hours. They are friendly and well equipped with games, movies, and other activities or the kids.

We were always able to locate a lounge chair by the pool, cabanas are free and are on a first come first serve basis.

This hotel is a great experience and would not hesitate to recommend to any one or return for our next vacation.

corona, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

delightful stay - Would definitely stay at the Hilton but its mostly a family resort-there were way too many kids but my husband and I didnt really mind :) employees are so nice - food was delicious I def recommend the Fenecia Restaurant - food and service are phenomenal! Wish their swimming pool was bigger and cooler

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Been to Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort? Share your experiences!