This was our first visit to Cabo, and I have to say, we were all very, very impressed with the resort. It was high quality all the way. My family of 6 adults visited in celebration of my 30th birthday, and it was an incredible trip, mostly due to the resort!
Rooms -- We were very pleased with our room quality and cleanliness. We had 3 suites along the 5th floor, and we were dead center in the building, which gave us an amazing view of the pool/ocean. It was simply gorgeous. The rooms were quite large, and the bathrooms were nice -- especially the shower. Turn-down service was nice as well -- they left fun towel animal sculptures on our bed each night. The AC worked very well, and my husband enjoyed the jacuzzi tub.
Hotel grounds -- immaculate and so lush. They're in the process of re-painting, but I never noticed much that was an eyesore due to this. The pool area is beyond beautiful with palm trees, pretty chairs, and the best infinity pool I've ever seen. The one bad thing about the pool chairs was that the cushions were often moldy, which was gross. They do have canvas covers for them, but we didn't have any on ours the first 2 days due to rain in the mornings -- we just grabbed our chair cushions before they put them out for us.
We didn't really go to the ocean much because the sand was hard to walk on, and it was too far from the pool bar. :) Also, there were several peddlars bothering people, which I just can't stand.
Food -- amazing! The breakfast buffet was the best I've ever seen, and they had lots of Mexican dishes as well. It's sort of pricey, but worth it in my opinion. The service was great every morning. They had the best chocolate muffins and bacon!
We ate lunch 3 days at the pool bar, and it was also great. I got nachos, woodfired pizza, and a chicken caesar salad, all of which I'd get again. I hear the fish tacos are great, too. The drinks are tasty -- ritas, pina coladas, salty dogs, you name it... they'll make it. The wait staff around the pool were so pleasant and helpful. They even brought around a cart with mini popsicles a couple days!
We also had dinner at Fenicia, the Italian place by the pool. Beautiful view and great service for the most part. The wine was excellent, and we all enjoyed our pasta dishes. The dessert was pretty good, but nothing to write home about. The bread and olive oil/balsamic vinaigrette were great, too. We had a lovely dining experience there, and we got after dinner drinks at their lounge area just outside the restaurant that overlooked the pool. So nice.
Staff -- so helpful, accommodating, and friendly. I never saw a timeshare rep, which was much appreciated, because we were not there for that.
Location -- it was great, in my opinion. It's 1/2 way in between Cabo and San Jose del Cabo, but that was fine with us. We had a rental car and drove into both towns for dinner. I was no impressed with Cabo at all -- peddlers wanting you to buy stuff, not very many nicer family restaurants to choose from (mostly cheap-o, cheesy bar-type places that I'd have gone when in college), and it was just sort of stressful. We did eat at Mi Case in San Jose del Cabo, and it was enjoyable, but a pretty sleep town at night. I was perfectly happy staying on the resort most of our stay because it was so nice.
I'd be thrilled to return to the Hilton Los Cabos and would recommend to anyone!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover award-winning hospitality at Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort-only 25 minutes from San Jose del Cabo International Airport (SJD). Our Cabo San Lucas resort is located on a tranquil swimming-allowed inlet bay between the towns of Cabo San Lucas and San Jose del Cabo, and provides the action of the city and a soothing escape from the hustle of daily life. Relax in the sun beside our signature infinity pool, where our Pool Concierge attends to your every need, whether it's a fresh towel or a tasty fruit pop to help you cool down. With an excellent Kids Program, there are specially designed activities for guests aged 4-12. Choose from a wealth of dining options at this Los Cabos resort's four restaurants. Indulge in innovative massage treatments at Spa Oasis. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Amex, Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Los Cabos Beach And Golf Resort
- Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Hotel San Jose Del Cabo
- Hilton San Jose Del Cabo
- Hilton Los Cabos Beach Resort
- San Jose Del Cabo Hilton
- Hilton Cabo
- Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort San Jose Del Cabo